The Un(official) Reaper Con, Nov 06

vutpakdi

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be a good Idea too, but like you don't have a clue where it could be held. Live in Houston so don't know much of the area around Denton. Granted we could all find a hotel that has a decent price for a small conference/meeting room big enough for 20-40 and get rooms there and all chip in on the price of the room to gather? Or a community Center possibly.

Just Brainstorm Ideas? Would be intersted though. Hey and if I win the lottery =O) .... oh well guess that isn't likely.... nevermind

When we first kicked this idea out yesterday in chat, we mentioned the idea of just showing up at the Asylum. Now, I'm sure Michael and Anne might pitch a small fit if well all came without saying anything, but if we told them we were going and got a little organized (i.e. a few volunteer paint instructors, a WL and CAV tournament coordinator) so we're not dropping everything in their lap at the last minute, I'd guess that they wouldn't be too upset at having a nice group of folks show up one weekend in November. Now, there is the small problem of the Asylum not being open at all on Sunday...

Just a thought.

~v

ok the true question is what do folks want?

cav tourny

warlord tourny

painting demos

sculpting demos

panel discussions

general gaming

those are just some of the normal things that go on, a massive two day tourny has been discussed much like GW does with their grand tournies. but what do you folks want

If done in the Texas DFW area, I can provide sleeping arrangements for about 5 people, more if needbe to help save those hotel bills.

I could probably arrange for the renting of a room or two at the local community center, or I know I can get the gym at my church (for a Saturday only event). In either of these cases, I have tables for playing and painting available.

Or, I can always just open up my home in a month other than February and have it there. Just like with my yearly GarageCon, I could have enough playing areas for about 15-20 people and about 10 people for painters.

Another option is of course a local shop, or yes, raid the Asylum.

No matter which option is chosen, I will volunteer to run a few Warlord and/or CAV scenarios. Ooh, maybe a mini campaign in each... That would be kinda cool.

If we get enough organization, give enough notice and ask really, really nicely, maybe Reaper will be kind enough to okay us descending upon the Asylum at least on Saturday. We could then go to a community center or an alternative location for Sunday.

As far as activities go, how about a tourney for CAV and Warlord, and then let people sign up to offer to run other events (including painting classes or speed painting events).

Ron

• Super Administrators

<unofficial thought>

Come to the Asylum. Just bring your own entertainment and food 'cause we won't be planning for all that.

</unofficial thought>

<official>

I'll ask the powers that be.

</official>

kit

Provided the day job isn't happening, I'll be available to add to the staff-painters on hand. Too early to tell what work will do to me, but I always love seeing everyone!!! Of course, I always defer to the Reaper-Powers-That-Be....

would love to come to a "Unoffical" reapercon, but alas cash only allows for 1 big trip a year & that has come & gone this year. Heck can't even go to Oregon Coast this year, as my wife & I really need to figure out how to pay for a new roof or at least repairs to the part that is damaged & other things as well.

so I guess I'll see everyone face to face again next May at Rcon 07!!!

RM