Sign in to follow this  
jdripley

Dwarf Sublist SA's

Dwarves are natural miners and tunnelers. Perhaps one of their sublists could be like a mining guild. I would take away any sort of range - archers, magic, etc, and give the whole sublist Burrow.

Dwarves' ability Bane means that their toughness is a huge bonus to them. Unfortunately most of their models only have tough/1! Perhaps one of their sublists could grant a modifier to tough.

I doubt that Reaper would have an entire sublist of Burrowers, but at least a unit or two would be sweet. ::):

Personally, whatever they do with the Dwarves had better really awesome for me to want to change up what I'm currently using. I have my 1,000 point army about as fine tuned as it is going to get. For me to swap out one unit for another it would just have to kick major butt.

I'll definitely buy the Dwarf book when it comes out, but if I don't like what I see, then I'll just stick to play with the Core Rulebook army list. ^_^

Wild Bill :blues:

Maybe they'd make miner type models then. A new Sgt, perhaps with a lantern (to guide his troop through the tunnels), and soldier types... well probably adept types if they're nifty burrowers - you're right Wildbill, an army entirely made up of burrowers would be pretty stinking difficult to fight against, wouldn't it? - anyways the soldier types could have an assortment of picks, mattocks and shovels or whatnot.

We had a discussion about the Dwarf faction book a few pages back in the tavern where I made some suggestions towards theme/models.

- A ranger army with adept bear riders, who doesn’t love the idea of a host of bear riders. :bday: Who cares about SA’s if you have a mass of bear riders ripping orcs to shreds? Although some way of offsetting such an army’s small numbers might be appropriate and of course to underline their sneaky ranger theme, such as a minimal DV, increased tough, a few ways of increasing movement without musicians (hard to be a stealthy ranger if you are dragging a mariachi band around) or skills to help them traverse terrain.

- Another was the introduction of ancestor spirits, which sadly didn’t get much support but I like the idea of those lazy (by which I mean of course highly esteemed :rolleyes: ) ancestors finally earning their opulent tomes. The ancestors could be a divine summoning spell of course only available to pure dwarf armies.

- Finally we discussed the pro/cons of artillery, which proved a quite heated topic. My big fear concerning the Dwarfs, one which I share with others on this board, is that they become an immobile and purely defensive army*, which is why I advise against all singularly defensive SA’s or abilities. A big step towards this would be to give the Dwarfs artillery, however much I would like to introduce the Reven to Mr. Cannonball face to face.

* Like A-Certain-Other-Game