Reven Warcry

The second printing rules say's in a "All Reven company, all leader models gain the innate Warcry".

At Origins I was told it also had to be a "All Orc company" ?? No Beastman, Goblins, Ogres.

Did I have the wool pulled over my eyes ??

P.S. Go Green......

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The second printing rules say's in a "All Reven company, all leader models gain the innate Warcry".

At Origins I was told it also had to be a "All Orc company" ?? No Beastman, Goblins, Ogres.

Did I have the wool pulled over my eyes ??

P.S. Go Green......

Scott,

If you are making up your army totally from the Warlord rule book, all Reven leaders have Warcry. Once you start using any of the cool stuff from the Reven faction book, then only the bull orc sub-list gets Warcry and Enraged. The grand reven gets a few extra grunts per troop and mob mentality. Those two abilities don't sound as cool as Warcry, but they are actually quite handy.......

Castlebuilder

If you are making up your army totally from the Warlord rule book, all Reven leaders have Warcry. Once you start using any of the cool stuff from the Reven faction book, then only the bull orc sub-list gets Warcry and Enraged.

This is actually incorrect, as of yesterday.

Yesterday, it was made official that all faction books are considered errata to the core rule books. Read all about it here:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22221

Therefore, the default reven army from the core rulebook does NOT get warcry or enraged. Read all about it here:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22223

Scott, you were told incorrect information at Origins, but not completely incorrect.

To get Warcry and Enraged (the best army special abilities in the game, IMHO), you have to make your army out of only these figures:

Varaug

Narg

Dantral

Urga

Kharg

Ombur

Yaguun Oog

Gaaguk

Woodcutters

Bull Orc Fighters

Bull Orc Hunters

Bull Orc Archers

Bull Orc Berzerkers

Braug

Gurm

Hunting Beast

Lurgh

River Troll

Actually, he was told correctly at Origins, given the situation.

I was the one that told him. Not that I am always correct, but in this instance I was.

The army he was attempting to field included models from the Reven Faction Book, and utilized Kak'Urgh, a Lesser Orc. This precluded him from Warcry period, as it became a Grand Reven list. In order to utilize Warcry and Enrage, which he wanted, he needed to use the Tomukh Sublist or Core Rulebook, which I explained. Since the models he had available were Bull Orcs, we rebuilt a Tomukh list. If it wasn't completely clear, I apologize Scott.

And unfortunately, as Gus mentioned, the Core Rulebook list for Reven is no longer accurate. The only way to field an army with Warcry and Enrage now is to field the Tomukh sublist, which is all the models in the Core Rulebook (minus Lunk and Skeeters), plus a couple new ones (Berzerkers, Gaaguk, Hunting Beast, Dantral)