Reaper is missing marketing opportunities

SaintRigger

It would probably keep them rust free.

It would also destroy the enamal on your teeth - the same one the Commies have struggled so hard to protect by putting flouride in the water supply.

Ummm....thanks for sharing, General Ripper. :lol:

THEY ARE REPLACING OUR PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS!!!!! ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, with that said, GW has hit an all-time low. I wonder if they even wash the rock first.

According to the manager of my FLGS who has "friends in high places" at GW US, the rocks are from the Siege set. I don't know if they're plastic or metal, but they are part of a "rock dropper" siege engine mini. I guess that makes them slightly more sanitary.

Here's the set...

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefr...;GameNav=301115

Just curious..how much does that little rock weigh? I can only imagine the can of beatdown somebody would open up on me if I plonked a metal rock or even just a metal pebble from up-high down onto one of their laboriously painted minis.

...though nothing says "Come smack me!" like launching resin dollhouse pumpkins with a trebuchet.

Actually the sand they sell is a lot smaller than anything I can find on a beach around here. You can get the same sand in a pet store for 100th of the cost though, since desert rats use it to bathe in.

I find it convenient to buy the pet store sand. I'm willing to pay 3 bucks for a big bucket that will last me 10 years of basing, and save the time spent with a tea strainer for doing something more fun like painting

I'm afraid to see the number of sales on this item.

If you order about a million of them you can build a castle.

Perhaps it's just more accesible to you. To me it seems like a hassle to find a place with the fine sand, then go there and do the tea strainer thing, then go home. I guess it's personal preference. I just don't mind going to the pet store and spending a few bucks on something that will then last me years and years. The GW sand though is a ripoff since it's exactly the same stuff just really really expensive. Printing that GW logo must be really expensive.

To be fair - the GW sand is a nice mixture of finer sand, and larger pieces. To mix it up - one needs to find the right sized sand (playground sand works best, you can get it at tha hardware store pretty cheap) and a box of talus from the railroad store as that will have the larger, non-uniform big pieces.

It is possible the sand they use is actually rebranded froma german railroad modeling company - as the static grass they use is as well. Their static grass is nice, as it's a wonderful blend of green, yellow and brown grass for a nice realistic look. It's just horrifically overpriced as you are paying for the brand name (as with the sand) - but I find th grass is a bit "nicer" than the Woodland Scenics static grass as those tend to be one color or have weird "off" blends.

I also like the bottle GW uses for their horrifically overpriced glue. I did find the same type of bottle branded for GaleForce 9 - it's a larger bottle witha screwtop and a pin in the top to prevent clogs. I'd love to see reaper find out who provides this glue for rebranding and come out with their own branded glue (Sophie Sticker? I dunno - that sounds dirty, perhaps - better than Sticky Sophie Mix - maybe just "Reaper Glue" or "Glue of Ages")

Yes, the rock is part of the rock dropper - but it is really really really funny taken slightly out of context, yes?