Dark Realm 6mm

Nanite

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see if I can pass on some info...

Command Horizon

Peter has a number of 'city modules'. The first has been released, the second is due very shortly. I hear that there will be about four of these in total, and they are legged. I saw the first one earlier this year, and they are a serious lump of metal! These things are around the size of a 40K Land Speeder, if that helps (and if my fading memory still functions).

DRM

The Andys are a nice set of minis, especially the mega walkers and walker tanks. I have a fair number of these guys and was involved in the play/demo earlier this year at a con. The idea of SHT (super heavy tanks) is something that is thrown around fairly regularly. I am sure that it is really just a matter of time before we see some. The Andys have their mega walkers, and the Pax and Krayt will need something to respond to them.

There are actually two new races on the way from DRM - both alien. One uses 'standard' equipment and the other is biological. I have seen a few of the greens from both of these first hand and they have a very nice level of detail on them. There is a skimmer coming out soon that I am really looking forwards to.

SHTs

I also believe that Exodus Wars will be releasing a number of large assets soon, and have just released some very nice 6mm zombie minis.

I hope that some of this was interesting/informative.

Thanks for those CyberShadow!

I just received my first order, and am really pleased. Great sculps, the infantry and dropships are especially impressive.

What's the rule of thumb for the number of infantry per stand? The rules left it up to the individual.

I'm using the small Flames of War bases, about 8cm area.

DRM have a legacy rooted in GWs Epic. Doug is possibly the biggest Epic collector that I have ever seen. He has a load of Epic stuff that appeared in GW, display paints for box art, staff armies, etc. In adition, his painter, Paul, is another Epic long term player. Because of this, five to a base is 'normal'. The Hubries are two to a base. The packs are initially set up at eight units (40 infantry) to a pack in general. However, pop over to the DRM site and check out the force org charts. You may find it better to adjust the number of infantry to a base to make the number of bases correct for the force organisation.

DRM have a legacy rooted in GWs Epic. Doug is possibly the biggest Epic collector that I have ever seen. He has a load of Epic stuff that appeared in GW, display paints for box art, staff armies, etc. In adition, his painter, Paul, is another Epic long term player. Because of this, five to a base is 'normal'. The Hubries are two to a base. The packs are initially set up at eight units (40 infantry) to a pack in general. However, pop over to the DRM site and check out the force org charts. You may find it better to adjust the number of infantry to a base to make the number of bases correct for the force organisation.

I'd love to see his collection sometime!

I know I tend to gush about minis I like, but I really, really love the DRM minis. I put in another order even before I got the first, and I'm not at all dissapointed. Really crisp, clean, sculpts and casts. Lots of character, and compared to the current GW epic range, very inexpensive.

I'd love to see his collection sometime!

I know I tend to gush about minis I like, but I really, really love the DRM minis. I put in another even before I got the first, and I'm not at all dissapointed. Really crisp, clean, sculpts and casts. Lots of character, and compared to the current GW epic range, very inexpensive.

DRM have a very strict quality control system... Doug simply scraps anything that he doesnt think comes up to scratch - which is a brave decision considering that he funds the entire process - and I have seen some of the rejects... I think he made the right decisions. If you like the current range then keep an eye out for the aliens coming soon.

Some of Dougs stuff is on his old web site:

http://www.darkonesrealm.com/