Gus Landt

1.2 Datacard Questions and Comments

1. You need to add the front of the data cards back so you can tell who is who easily again. Or if that's just not an option, at the very least sort them in alphabetical order.

2. Is there gonna be a way to turn in our current cards to get updated ones?

3. Is there gonna be a zip file of all the new stats to download them?

one thing that I noticed, have no idea why since I dont even play them, but following up on Gus's advice to check out the darkspawn changes, I saw that :

DS archers have MAV1, RAV2 (as opposed to the Reptus Archers RAV of 1), RNG 30 and have marksman and volley and are only one point more expensive than the reptus archers that have a MAV 0 RAV 2 only RNG 24.

Yes, the reptus have a DV9 and DS has DV 8, but I guess I just dont see where MAV+1, and RNG+6 is only one point more expensive than DV-1.

I am not all put out over it, but a little concerned. Also noticed where most of my grunts went up in cost of course we got the same ADEPT axe that all the other armored grunts got. I can only complain there cause our MAV sucks compared to those other factions grunts. We needed the higher DV to stay alive. But, I will get used to it. Just have to figure out what to do with my extra 20 reptus warriors that I cant field anymore.

I have more comments but I want to make sure I look at my book and cards at the old stats before I open my trap and cause the wrong ruccus.

Eh , what that ? I my copy of the rulebook (1st print) they are unchanged . The stats have always been thus .

I have to agree with Jason. The archers don't bug me much, as I've never felt that it was something the Reptus were supposed to excel at. However, the grunt-to-adept change of the warriors is a big smack-in-the-mouth. In addition to the points Jason raises, we already know that the Reptus book is going to be among the last to be released, so where factions like the Reven, Necros, Crusaders, etc. have options for fielding additional adept warriors, factions like the Reptus will be stuck from now until the release of our book with no option other than 1 troop with warriors.

Bah.

and Humbug as well.

~v

Eh , what that ? I my copy of the rulebook (1st print) they are unchanged . The stats have always been thus .

only cause I played against the DS recently, I remembered that we looked them up and saw a RAV of 1 written in the book or card or whatever it was we used as reference.

only cause I played against the DS recently, I remembered that we looked them up and saw a RAV of 1 written in the book or card or whatever it was we used as reference.

The Isiri Archer have had a RAV of 2 in both printings of the core rulebook.

They SHOULD have the same stats as before, they certainly didn't need any extra "help".

Well I'v ejust had a look at the Crusaders first , and I mights as well throw out my copty of the faction book , as it appears to have been totally gutted . Mught kept for the fluff but the stats ....well . :down:

For starters most things went up in point value and this really hurts a list which means there will less figures to field . Lady Jehanne , Kristianna , Sir Brannor , Sir Danel , Herne , Acacia , Isarah , Hound of Judgement andthe Guardian Beast all up 2 to 4 points . :down: On the plus side , Lord Ironraven , Sir Damon , Halbarad , Marcus , Devona , Ian and Garr went down 2 or 3 points , not to mention the huge reduction for Saramonde . To say that I'm disappointed is an understatement with all the price increase going to leaders and gift decreases to elites , most of which I hardly use . :down::down:

What should I say to some newbie , "I'm sorry I don't recommend you buy that because 90% of the stats are wrong and are errated on ReaperGames"

To say that I'm disappointed is an understatement with all the price increase goin to leaders and gift decreases to elites , most of which I hardly use . :down::down:

well, the "rules" of points cost have NOT changed. They were unfortunately not applied equally everytime due to the old inconsistent system that we were using.

Aww, my Onyx Chevy has gone up by 3pts. On the other hand, he has the Cavalry SA now, woohoo!

I am, however, still disappointed that Ashkrypt has not gained the SA Innate Spell: Firestorm that I've suggested to Michael. ;)

What should I say to some newbie , "I'm sorry I don't recommend you buy that because 90% of the stats are wrong and are errated on ReaperGames"

That is a good point. How are the Black Lightning members (myself included) going to promote the game when the faction books are even changed?

"You like the Crusaders, huh son? Well, you buy that book right there but then you'll have to log on to Reaper's website so you can download the latest changes to their stats and point costs." :blink:

I've already called a couple of players and told them of the changes. A Reptus friend was totally ticked off about the adept change to the warriors. His entire army design is now toast. I just hope I don't lose any players because of this change...

Wild Bill :blues:

And Necropolis have had a general reduction in point cost for most of their troops . Like they needed any more help , now you can field even more swarms of them . :blink:

A Reptus friend was totally ticked off about the adept change to the warriors. His entire army design is now toast.

He won't be alone. I recently finished painting 15 Broken Fodder, and now I can throw $25 worth of lead and 20 hours of painting right in the garbage, because 6 of them are unplayable. :angry:

Yeah, it is a pain that many of the Crusader leaders' points costs went up. Slighty cheaper elites is good, but we need the captains first before we can take the elites...

One thing that still I can't quite figure out is the point cost for Bull Orc Fighters: MAV 3, Tough/1, DV 10, + more... still for only 22 points! :rock: Sure, I love paying only 22 points each when I play the Bull Orc sublist, but I still think that they're a little too cheap.

Hurmph. They still didn't give Gaaguk Bloodlust/X.

I'd gladly pay the change in points. He's clearly the berserker hero. He's a Bull Orc.

He's the only one without Bloodlust except for Archers/Hunters/Ombur which all make sense not having it. It makes no sense! :blink:

Quick question, Double E. Without asking you to divulge too many secrets about how points are calculated, does the system take into account how different SAs and stats can work together to create an effect that is greater than the sum of its parts (i.e., that "synergy" concept that was brought up a while back regarding the banshee's Non-corproeal and Blowthrough SAs working together)? Or is it a simple arithmetic (and, arguably, a less accurate and fair) system?