Sign in to follow this  
Gus Landt

1.2 Datacard Questions and Comments

I don't like, that the stats of some models are continuing to change after this original change was made.

Well, its a situation where sometimes the information was put into the database incorrectly (I have big fingers), and I'm trying to rectify mistakes as they're turned up. I think Gus has weeded most, if not all, of my fudge ups now, so it should not happen anymore.

EE, please confirm the cost of the merc crossbowmen? is 25pts another goof or is it the correct cost and not the 22pts?

Nope, if its stats are the same as before and its cost is different, the cost is correct.

The Soul Cannon lost tough

I've double checked the PDF of the rules to see if you were correct and the PDF does not list Tough. If there is/was a different version of the Data Card (not including the list printed in Casket Works) that has Tough please email and let me know.

I wish I could find the topic that said the following but I can't: "monsters have beast, solitares do not." Soul Tender is a monster but doesn't have a beast. Can he wield a weapon upgrade or not?

I wish I could find the topic that said the following but I can't: "monsters have beast, solitares do not." Soul Tender is a monster but doesn't have a beast. Can he wield a weapon upgrade or not?

I was the one who had said that quote, because EE had told me that. Soultender does look like a current exception, and I expect him to change to a solitaire soon. :upside:

Here's how I printed the stats out.

I used trial and error to figure out that basically you can fit 5 stat cards vertically on a sheet. So I highlighted five statcards and printed, making sure to click the button for "print selection." That way only what you have highlighted will print. I did that for the whole army, and so I had several stacks of 5 stat cards.

Next I cut them all out individually and pasted them onto a single sheet of paper (my dwarves have only gotten two additional units from the core rule set, so they all fit on a standard sheet. Obviously the more fleshed out factions will need more paper space). I then put the pasted conglomeration of stats onto the scanner and printed out a fresh copy of all of that. I now have every stat in my army on one easy sheet.

Yes, this takes some time. Yes you need a scanner, paper, glue (or tape would work) and scissors.

No you don't need Adobe, or Excell, or Word, or anything.

So it's not a completely easy solution, but the whole process took me 10 minutes and that included the trial and error - you could probably do it in seven minutes!

In summary: it's not as bad as you think. I actually like it better than the individual PDF files that were up before.

Feels like this was rushed to make the 2 dozen people who are planning on attending a Con tournament this summer happy with the game balance at the expense of local tournament \ friendly gamers.

I don't know about that. For the GenCon tournament, the point total is 1500 and all models have to be painted by the 3 color rule. I suspect that a number of planned army compositions just got thrown out the window and have to be reconfigured and that people are trying to figure out if they can paint enough models in 3 weeks to still field a viable army (mainly for the non faction book armies). If Reaper were really rushing, they would have had the changes out last month at this time to give people more time to change their forces.

Ron

Unless, of course, one of the primary goals was to reign in Razig's faction before the tournament. Just a thought.

~v

Unless, of course, one of the primary goals was to reign in Razig's faction before the tournament. Just a thought.

~v

Our primary goal was to correct some errors that our original program inadvertently left in when calculating point costs and degredation of values. This should be evident in that the # change made was adjustment of points.

A seconday goal (but not the only secondary goal) was to adjust model SAs and Values to more accurately reflect the models design and intent, as well as balance each model within the faction, and each faction within the whole. No decision to add/remove any SA or increase/decrase any value was made lightly, and the question was always asked "is this change important to that model and it's designated army?"

GenCon was way down on the bottom of the list of reasons why the Errata needed to be done.

We do appreciate those of you that have taken the time to point out such things as inconsistencies in points, SA's that were added that seem WAAAY out of place (Master spearman???), etc. and ask that everyone bear with us as we work out the bugs in our new system. I also apologize to those that feel slighted, and ask them to bear with us as we address with future supplements and errata the issues that plague them.

I look at it this way:

The 1.2 datacards were posted now so that they can be doublechecked and fixed where needed before they make the nice, pretty pdfs and print the cards for distribution. The community will catch things that the designers didn't.

~v

Our primary goal was to correct some errors that our original program inadvertently left in when calculating point costs and degredation of values. This should be evident in that the # change made was adjustment of points.

A seconday goal (but not the only secondary goal) was to adjust model SAs and Values to more accurately reflect the models design and intent, as well as balance each model within the faction, and each faction within the whole. No decision to add/remove any SA or increase/decrase any value was made lightly, and the question was always asked "is this change important to that model and it's designated army?"

GenCon was way down on the bottom of the list of reasons why the Errata needed to be done.

We do appreciate those of you that have taken the time to point out such things as inconsistencies in points, SA's that were added that seem WAAAY out of place (Master spearman???), etc. and ask that everyone bear with us as we work out the bugs in our new system. I also apologize to those that feel slighted, and ask them to bear with us as we address with future supplements and errata the issues that plague them.

Great post. I've already said my piece in this topic but I really think this is a good post Brian. So good in fact I thought it should be quoted to make sure others see it.

I'm not happy with all of the changes, but its good to know that none of them were made lightly, and that they really did have some motivation behind them.

I just hope it doesn't happen again :P

I'm not happy with all of the changes, but its good to know that none of them were made lightly, and that they really did have some motivation behind them.

Change, even if done for the best of reasons, does not go over very smoothly. Hopefully these words will not come back to haunt me, but I do not invision changes on this scale happening again outside of an edition change.

That being said, an edition change is not something we're looking happening soon, so we decided to "jump into the cold water" so to speak (I grew up next to Lake Michigan), and clean up outstanding issues in the meantime.

EE, please confirm the cost of the merc crossbowmen? is 25pts another goof or is it the correct cost and not the 22pts?

Contrary to my earlier post on this, there was an error in the points caculation of the Merc Crossbowmen. This has been corrected and they do in fact still cost 22 pts.

I'd have been a lot happier if these had happened -before- my faction book (purchased less than a fortnight ago) had become some lightweight fluff instead of the handy, all-in-one army creator that it was when I purchased it.

Are the faction books going to be reprinted to accomodate the changes?

For anyone concerned about their faction book data being out-of-date, just do what Reaper did for the Crusader and Nefsokar faction books.

Get yourself some Avery labels, print out the new stats, and stick em in the book. Anyone with the Nefsokar book already has one model (Khadath, p. 39) whose stats are stuck on with an avery label. Those with the Crusader book will find their avery label in the back on page 56.

Once all the changes are properly identified and in place, I intend to do just that for my faction books AND my core rulebook. ^_^

The Soul Cannon - This thing got jacked up. lol. It is now LESS than half as powerful than it used to be (With Gun it can only fire every other round, and it lost tough) Then the icing on the cake it went up 50% in price. I could see one of these directions being taken, but for both of them, it hurts.

I have to agree. I don't disagree that something needed to be done, but this just seems excessive. Its now nerfed to the point of uselessness. I just finished investing in a Razig army, I haven't started painting it yet but I just lost some motivation. :down: