Sign in to follow this  
jdripley

regroup/tough question

This situation came up yesterday and I'm not sure how it all works out.

I have two troops. Both have been... significantly firestormed... resulting in Fulumbar with two grunts left as one troop, and a handful of warriors as troop two. Troop two contains two stunned models.

On Fulumbar's activation I choose to regroup the warriors into Fulumbar's troop. Do the warriors get to make their tough checks directly after the regroup action? Or do they have to wait until Fulumbar's next activation in order to perform tough checks?

My opponent let me make the checks but neither of us had any idea how it should work. They failed the checks so it wasn't a big deal anyways.

This situation came up yesterday and I'm not sure how it all works out.

I have two troops. Both have been... significantly firestormed... resulting in Fulumbar with two grunts left as one troop, and a handful of warriors as troop two. Troop two contains two stunned models.

On Fulumbar's activation I choose to regroup the warriors into Fulumbar's troop. Do the warriors get to make their tough checks directly after the regroup action? Or do they have to wait until Fulumbar's next activation in order to perform tough checks?

My opponent let me make the checks but neither of us had any idea how it should work. They failed the checks so it wasn't a big deal anyways.

The regrouped models need to wait until the next activation to make their checks. They make their tough checks when their Troop activates, and their Troop didn't activate.

PS

Not a situation we've had to address before, so I don't have the "official" answer for you until I can research the exact verbage, however my initial reaction would be the following.

You can not regroup a troop that has already been activated this turn. So if you are regrouping them, a turn has ended and a new one has begun, so when you regroup them into the activated troop, this is their next turn and they can take their actions as normal. So yes, you would roll your tough checks this turn.

Anyway, I'll look it over in depth and chime back in after I do.

Not a situation we've had to address before, so I don't have the "official" answer for you until I can research the exact verbage, however my initial reaction would be the following.

You can not regroup a troop that has already been activated this turn. So if you are regrouping them, a turn has ended and a new one has begun, so when you regroup them into the activated troop, this is their next turn and they can take their actions as normal. So yes, you would roll your tough checks this turn.

Anyway, I'll look it over in depth and chime back in after I do.

See? Exactly like I said. :upside:

PS