kellinator

Ceynuundra Aelvari - Elven High Command (1.2)

I did the math on Vale Archers using Marksman/1 with Sure Shot. It almost exactly as effective as Overlord Xbows with Crit Shot, or Bone Marines with Slow Fire. Only elves have longer range.

In my recent playtest I Sure Shot the Dwarves right off the board. The few who finally made it to Danithal really wished they hadn't...

PS

I played a few games against elves, and I think I have some stuff you guys will like to hear.

Elves have far more options than just a speed bump now. We started calling Royal Guardsmen and Death Seekers the spike strips of the faction. Not only will they slow you down, they will rip your army apart while you try to move past them.

The sheer number of arrows the elves can launch per activation is scary. That free sure shot hurts. Sure other models have the possibility to do two points of damage, but the elves get 3 chances to do one and a possibility of doing two.

I was bothered that Mossbeard lost his small casting powers, but the elf players were happy that he now has a very simple and affective roll as bull dozer. I think this model has the ability to make all dice rolled against him roll only 3 or less.

I haven't seen a game with Centaurs as the main Adept, but I want too. So when you guys field some of these 4 legged badasses can you please share the stories!

We fielded some Centaurs against Crusaders in our beta testing.

Centaurs are Speed Bumps from hell.

What you want to do with the Centaurs is make sure they hit first, and focus their attacks on a small number of targets to make sure they are taken out completely, instead of splitting your attacks against a maximum number of targets.

Darthiir and I did a number of rounds of Lions Lancers vs Centaur Warriors during playtesting of equal points. 3 Centaur vs 2 Lancers. (need to double check the pointing now) Except for the rare I can't roll anything higher than 1, getting that first activation proved to be the most critical.

it was the earlier pointing system so it was a little higher, but i think it was close to 400pts per side with lancers vs. centaurs.

it does come down to who gets the first hits in the game. for the best use of the centaurs, you have to keep them behind woods. lancers move slower through the woods and will have a tough time getting the charge on the centaurs, where as the centaurs with woodstrider can use the woods as a screen and then charge thorough the woods.

I'd be interested to try out an army with just archers, centaur warriors, and deathseekers. That gives you two waves of dangerous melee, and then the archers will have an easy time picking off the damaged models (assuming the melee was suitably effective).

I'd be interested to try out an army with just archers, centaur warriors, and deathseekers. That gives you two waves of dangerous melee, and then the archers will have an easy time picking off the damaged models (assuming the melee was suitably effective).

I found the Swordsmen to be very effective. Cheap, disposable, and packing a serious wallop.

PS

Royal Guardsmen were also a pain in the butt to deal with. They were not the be all end all when attacking but stood up well to assaults.

i think more than ever the elves are going to be a finesse army, with proper use of terrain being paramount. limit LOS blocking terrain in the middle of the field but have some light, and more importantly heavy, woods near your deployment zone for the extra dv bonus.