Ceynuundra Aelvari - Elven High Command (1.2)

kellinator

Ok, here is the list I put together today with some ideas I read on the board. Please post your ideas, thoughts, comments, and as soon as I have a fight with it I will let you know how it goes.

Eawod

Caerwynn

Vale Warriors X4

Arnise - DF

Ardynn - GME, Bolt, Scare X2, Ice Shard

Deathseekers X6

Meridh

Vale Archers X4

Centaur

Centaur

21 Models (really, really low for 1501)

6 Cards

2 Spy buries for setup

I think this build will be (somewhat) effective because I can put a lot of shots out in a lot of different locations and over different unit turns. Eawod and Caerwynn can put out a 2" template by themselves!!! Arnise and the Deathseekers can take out weakened units - I think putting Scares and GME on Ardynn followed by a Deathseeker charge will be a good combination, but how well it works in reality remains to be seen.

Please give me your thoughts, comments, and suggestions.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be prone to put Eawod and the archers together, although I understand the desire to have as many activiations with good archer ability. The exercise that makes me want to have an art group y like Eawood + Archers + (Ceawyn if taken) is simple. Draw the rectangle that is a 24" by 12" deployment zone. Draw a 5" radius circle within it. Imagine all those dead undead. Give much thanks to bauhaus.

I love Ceawyn's model, but I tend to avoid using her. She and Eawod are individually quite expensive. Together, they are a good chunk of your army. Is Ceawyn worth 5 archers? Probably sometimes. Most times, though, give me the multiple angles.

I played a 1,500 point game with a friend to day. He had 1,500 of Undead. Here was my army.

Prince Danithal

Ardynn

3 Long Spears

3 Warriors

3 Breakers

The Archer Captain

The Archer Hero

9 Archers

Mossbeard

It was a hard fought battle, but the elf archers are just soooo deadly. The poor elf infantry died in droves, as did Prince D. Mossbeard was the MVP once again. He smooshed lots of zombies (that keep coming back) before finally pulping the lich general into little tiny bone-bits.

I have to say i was very unimpressed by Prince D. I've never used him in a battle before. The only reason I took him was to have a hero...who wasn't that impressive, either. It was a fun game!

Dani-boy can be impressive with the right equipment. Drop a GME on him which boosts his CP and his MAV and give him a fireball or lightning bolt. do the same thing to Ardynn, both of the CP's are now up to 7 instead of 5 and you only need to roll a 3+ to take down zombies and such. wait until your warriors are close enough to charge, drop the AOE on them and run in for the coup. sure they will still have a tough roll but it is a +1 instead of +4 . . . more likely to stay dead.

then i would look at dropping both the longthorns and the the breakers and replacing them with more warriors. sure the longthorns and breakers have a better MAV but their DV is lower, which means they will probably get smacked down on defensive strikes.

also, think about bringing a bandage or two with mossbeard, run Dani's troop up and have the tree follow along. if you are going to run Dani into combat you might as well use the healing power you have with both mossbeard and caerwynn.

just some thoughts.

Ok, here is the list I put together today with some ideas I read on the board. Please post your ideas, thoughts, comments, and as soon as I have a fight with it I will let you know how it goes.

Eawod

Caerwynn

Vale Warriors X4

Arnise - DF

Ardynn - GME, Bolt, Scare X2, Ice Shard

Deathseekers X6

Meridh

Vale Archers X4

Centaur

Centaur

21 Models (really, really low for 1501)

6 Cards

2 Spy buries for setup

I think this build will be (somewhat) effective because I can put a lot of shots out in a lot of different locations and over different unit turns. Eawod and Caerwynn can put out a 2" template by themselves!!! Arnise and the Deathseekers can take out weakened units - I think putting Scares and GME on Ardynn followed by a Deathseeker charge will be a good combination, but how well it works in reality remains to be seen.

Please give me your thoughts, comments, and suggestions.

Was there a ruling somewhere that I missed that stated Eawod was allowed to take a unit of archers that didn't count towards your one unit of adepts rule? What I'm saying is that I think your army is illegal because you have two units of archers n 1,501 points. You can only do that with 2,000 points. If I'm wrong, please point me to the errata on Eawod and I'll stand corrected! ^_^

Wild Bill :blues:

Ok I know its early but I only see one set of archers.

Uhhhh...oops... :blush:

I saw Vale Warriors under Eawod and thought that they said Archers. Uhmmm...I think I need a second round of coffee... :blush:

My bad, headache62! Ignore my last post. :wub:

Wild Bill :blues:

NP - sometimes you just nod your head and smile :upside: . I've mis-read several lists myself.

And actually, I don't want Eawod to have his own archers - they are expensive enough with just one unit!

Other thoughts on the army -

Drop a Centaur, add another archer and upgrades to Arnise?

Also, with the DS troop, I could charge in except with Ardynn, have A. cast Scare on top of the DSs who are immune because of fearless, and thwack away.

Also, can Eawod put out a volley by himself? He has three attacks, Marksman, and Volley. Don't you just need 4 attacks if you are an elf?

Please post your thoughts, comments, corrections, admonishments, etc....

I ran (more or less) this army a few weekends ago vs necropolis (half squishy/half boney).

Prince D

3 Warriors

3 breakers

3 Long Thorns

Ardynn

Selwyn

Nirodel

9 Archers

Mossy

I should have put Nirodel in the warrior unit, dumped Ardynn for Lysette and put her with the archer unit. I know, I know, I only have 4 initiative cards, but I like having big units. Its my play style. Anyway, the warriors pretty much prevent Mossy from getting ganged-up on, and the archers take out leaders, heroes, etc. (with all those dice you get a lot of opportunities to roll a a10) or wiping out enemy units that get too close. Anyway, his horde of undead basically swarmed me, but it did come down to the very end. I deployed my army on one end of my side of the table and then hit enemy troops on that side of the table as hard, and as fast as I could (trying to avoid the swarm from the enemy troops on the other side of the table). Anyway, this is the first time I've lost with this army in 3-5 battles. I realize having extra initiative cards is important, but Mossy, the archers, and speed bumps er...wariors, breakers, and long thorns actually works pretty well.

I posted this because I didn't want to see the elf thread at the bottom of the list...we can't have that. :)

Well, this is basically echoing what's already been said in this thread, but you'd probably benefit by trading, say, half the archers for a whole new troop of speed bumps. All those shots can only do so much if you're being run down by cavalry. Other than that, it seems like a decent list, though I'd split it up further (of course, I had 8 cards at the Totalcon 1501 tourney...so you may want to ignore me on that count :rolleyes: )

So what do you all think of prince d anyway? at first i thought he dint have any real useable skills. and it kinda made

me mad to see a elf that can't shoot his bow. but considering he is a warrrior, who can cast a few fireballs before

he gets into battle.. plus is a pretty nice looking model. im thinking of picking him up. what do you all think about him???

I like him. He isn't a hack-n-slash master by any stretech, but he doesn't cost 400 points, either. I sort of hated Ardynn for a while, but after using his Rogue ability in the last game I played I'm beginning to like him more and more.

So what do you all think of prince d anyway? at first i thought he dint have any real useable skills. and it kinda made

me mad to see a elf that can't shoot his bow. but considering he is a warrrior, who can cast a few fireballs before

he gets into battle.. plus is a pretty nice looking model. im thinking of picking him up. what do you all think about him???

Don't underestimate the Prince, he can be a monster. Sure he doesn't have the high DV of most melee Warlords, but given the fact that he has a decent MAV and a decent CP, he can be very effective. Upgrade with greater magic empower to boost to CP7 and MAV6, greater magic armor for DV12, divine favor, and a fireball and a bolt. . .then send him into combat. maybe change the FB for a lightning bolt, but you get the picture. with a roll of 3+ he is going to be dropping most warriors with the first spell and the bolt is for anyone stupid enough to shoot at him with a ranged attack or spell. put lysette in his troop with a dispel and keep her next to him, if the try to AOE the Prince then she can dispel and he can bolt, it's a nice one two punch.