Ceynuundra Aelvari - Elven High Command (1.2)

kellinator

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is that, but relly now would all those points spent on two models really be all that practical?

The first time you do it, yes.

Your enemy doesn't expect it, and if your going up against anybody but the Nefsokar, it works like a charm. I've fielded an army with Danithal, Lysette, Ardynn, a couple of archers and a bunch of warriors. Let them come to you and lay waste with spells. In a tournament it might not work because up in the Northeast we count used spells as points expended, but in a friendly game the look on your opponents face when they ask, "your casting what? :wacko: How many of those do you have?" Especially if you want to boost Lysette up with GME for the auto knockdown to most adepts & grunts. It is a hoot. Did I just say hoot, somebody shoot me.

What ever happened to Froshmeister's Moonscar Court Elf army list? He e-mailed it to me at one point and I thought it was pretty sweet. I'll have to dig through my computer files at home to see if I can find it...

Wild Bill :blues:

No offense, but it was originally DeFrouFrou's army list. He hasn't been too active in Warlord of late, though.

There is that, but relly now would all those points spent on two models really be all that practical?

Your enemy doesn't expect it, and if your going up against anybody but the Nefsokar, it works like a charm. I've fielded an army with Danithal, Lysette, Ardynn, a couple of archers and a bunch of warriors. Let them come to you and lay waste with spells. In a tournament it might not work because up in the Northeast we count used spells as points expended, but in a friendly game the look on your opponents face when they ask, "your casting what? :wacko: How many of those do you have?" Especially if you want to boost Lysette up with GME for the auto knockdown to most adepts & grunts. It is a hoot. Did I just say hoot, somebody shoot me.

I'm confused. You have a house rule or something where the points expended on spells do not count towards the points for your whole troop? When I set up an army list, I always count the spells towards the troop total.

I'm confused. You have a house rule or something where the points expended on spells do not count towards the points for your whole troop? When I set up an army list, I always count the spells towards the troop total.

What i was refering to was point scoring at the end of the tournament round. yes, spells are added in when building you troops. so if i take a bunch of mages and load up on spells, then i could have 1000pts in models and say another 501 in spells for a 1501 pt tournament. at the end of the round when you are determining who inflicted the most pain. . .spells expended count as resources used.

for example say my opponent only killed an archer 44pts and a warrior 19pts. (total 63 pts of models killed), but i used two fireballs 100pts, a firestorm 75pts, and a bunch of other spells for total of 250pts in spells. add that to my dead models and i lost 313 pts. for the round. if i killed more than 313pts of my opponents models + spells expended, i can declare victory. if his total is lower than mine, he wins.

What i was refering to was point scoring at the end of the tournament round. yes, spells are added in when building you troops. so if i take a bunch of mages and load up on spells, then i could have 1000pts in models and say another 501 in spells for a 1501 pt tournament. at the end of the round when you are determining who inflicted the most pain. . .spells expended count as resources used.

for example say my opponent only killed an archer 44pts and a warrior 19pts. (total 63 pts of models killed), but i used two fireballs 100pts, a firestorm 75pts, and a bunch of other spells for total of 250pts in spells. add that to my dead models and i lost 313 pts. for the round. if i killed more than 313pts of my opponents models + spells expended, i can declare victory. if his total is lower than mine, he wins.

Thanks for the clarification on tournament ruling. BTW, I have another question. When converting models, do all of the parts have to be Reapers for the model to be tournament legal? I've got a Centaur Archer I'm working on. The woman part is a Reaper Witch of the Dark Moors. The horse part is from Iron Mountain. The base will be a Reaper metal base.

prevents confusion if you specify that this is a local ruling not a Reaper Official Rule.

BTW, I have another question. When converting models, do all of the parts have to be Reapers for the model to be tournament legal? I've got a Centaur Archer I'm working on. The woman part is a Reaper Witch of the Dark Moors. The horse part is from Iron Mountain. The base will be a Reaper metal base.

do a forum search for conversion rulings. It varies based on organizer.

prevents confusion if you specify that this is a local ruling not a Reaper Official Rule.

yes, as LS said, local tournament rules.

I like those elf-only beta spells...identical to open spells but castable defensively. New data cards look pretty nice too. I'm assuming that the "elf swordsman" will use the old breaker model, as the breakers were removed. Not sure what I think of the Royal Guard; the modification to Sure Shot is both awesome and crippling...no more shooting into melee :down: On the other hand...that is assuming the enemy is able to make it into melee.

I like those elf-only beta spells...identical to open spells but castable defensively. New data cards look pretty nice too. I'm assuming that the "elf swordsman" will use the old breaker model, as the breakers were removed. Not sure what I think of the Royal Guard; the modification to Sure Shot is both awesome and crippling...no more shooting into melee :down: On the other hand...that is assuming the enemy is able to make it into melee.

i'm not happy with what has happened to both marksman and sure shot. elves not being able to shoot into melee without having their warriors make dis checks. . .cripples the speed bumps, and the penalty to multiple shots cripples eawod's effectiveness. but those are just my opinions.

Yeah, I think the new version of marksman is only really useful against the puniest grunts (skeletons and such) or warlords/monsters with DVs so high you need 10s anyway.

As to the change to sureshot...it could be partially countered by uses of banners. However, combined with the highest RAVs in the game, it makes our shooting extremely accurate. So hopefully there is less need for speed bumps.