Emmel Eitch

The Pain Cage (1.2)

Warriors work well because they have only the single track, and cost only 2 tokens to avoid the damage and Bane.

Archers to plink from a distance and build up tokens on the lower DV Dwarves and accumulate tokens.

Spell casters to do likewise from range.

Incubus Warriors look like they will do a nice job of swooping in and taknig out softer enemy targets and will likely survive the initial counter attack if not mobbed too heavily. They have a nice DV.

Send in some of the Solos to tie up troops, attack opponent's own solos, scoot by defenses by Flying or Burrowing. With the new Data Card, the Devourer becomes much more useful.

so off of our list what do you guys find to work best against the dorks

Use the Witch Queen and Guros with Lightning Bolts to kill off large numbers of Shieldmaidens and Warriors (the easiest to kill with magic and the hardest to kill otherwise!) and build up pain tokens. A small number of archers (as few as 2-3) can snipe at soft targets. Swarm what remains with large numbers of Vysa/Isiri Warriors, reinforced with accumulated pain tokens. I like Guros with GMA, GME, MD, DF, 2xLB, 2xLT and a musician in his troop for MOV 9 - keep him in the air until all spells are gone.

Rich

Incubus Warriors look like they will do a nice job of swooping in and taknig out softer enemy targets and will likely survive the initial counter attack if not mobbed too heavily. They have a nice DV.

I have already face them. They are very nasty opponents! Everyone else at the shop that has faced them seem to agree.

Castlebuilder

MAV 3, DV 11, Mov 8 w/ Flyer and Bloodlust/2. Very impressive for 44 points.

Their only weakness is once they are grounded, they can only move 3 inches, but even so, they can still charge 7 inches and attack on ground, which isn't too shabby, since that's all many stock warriors w/ DV 11 can do with the base 5 Mov and the +2 charge bonus.

Every new model that comes out, I just sigh because I look at some of my Crusaders and just wince at the comparisons.

Somebody just pointed this out to me on Alliance.

NYA RPR 14365 Darkspawn Imp

So we are going to have two little flying creatures soon... Forget Imp, I call them Incubus support fodder.

And farther up the list is this, NYA RPR 14355 Dendris, Dark Elf Assassin. No idea what it will be or if it's even for our faction. We'll see though.

well i'm playing a league at our store right now with 500 pt guards mine is

Guros

DF, Improved protection, lesser magic weapon

Incubus Warriors x 7

troop musician

normally i take archers to hit them hard at range and my squad can be hovering over them on the second activation and wait for the right time to pounce butany ideas on what you think would be a good 500 pt. add on to my guard, and i so just love those Incubus Warriors we were so over due for a overall good combat unit

ok so i was hanging out at the local store today and this Dendris fellow is listed in the catalog as shipping in march so i put one on pre-order yet now that i am home i can find nothing about him online, he is not even listed on reapers preview page does anyone know anything about him? like if he is even getting released :huh:

Guros

Incubus Warriors x 7

troop musician

normally i take archers to hit them hard at range and my squad can be hovering over them on the second activation and wait for the right time to pounce butany ideas on what you think would be a good 500 pt. add on to my guard, and i so just love those Incubus Warriors we were so over due for a overall good combat unit

Did you say overall GOOD, Don't you mean overall AMAZING combat unit. My god man, you have essentially a group of FLYING shieldmaidens but with TWICE the move, Bloodlust 2 (even more movement), 1 better magic defense, and played right, possible 2 to 3 tracks with those crazy pain tokens, for only 18 points more. I'd pay 15 points a piece to make my Shieldmaidens fly and you wouldn't even have to give me the other benefits! Those Incubus Are Amazing, specially with that pain cage!! Well Rion I just wanted to argue with you a little, Like always :-).

Guros

Incubus Warriors x 7

troop musician

Did you say overall GOOD, Don't you mean overall AMAZING combat unit. My god man, you have essentially a group of FLYING shieldmaidens but with TWICE the move, Bloodlust 2 (even more movement), 1 better magic defense, and played right, possible 2 to 3 tracks with those crazy pain tokens, for only 18 points more. I'd pay 15 points a piece to make my Shieldmaidens fly and you wouldn't even have to give me the other benefits! Those Incubus Are Amazing, specially with that pain cage!! Well Rion I just wanted to argue with you a little, Like always :-).

dang you and i guess we all know they are pretty useless against elf archers when all they roll are nat 10s :blink:

Guros

Incubus Warriors x 7

troop musician

dang you and i guess we all know they are pretty useless against elf archers when all they roll are nat 10s :blink:

I thought you usually ate up Jacks Archers when you two play. But yeah I think he did buy some loaded dice or something Because he rolled at least 7 or 8 Nat 10's in our game of 1000 points and they were all right when he needed them and that almost cost me the game. So yeah that will hurt any army!!

Ok so here is a 1501 pt list i made up and i'm curious to get some thoughts on it

Witch Queen - Fire Storm, Life Transfer x2, Ice Shard

Thussia - GME, Fire Ball, Life Transfer x2, Ice Shard

Isiri Archers x3

Guros - DF, GME, GMA, Ice Shard x3, Life Transfer

Isiri Warriors x9

Ashakia - IP, Ice Shard x4

Rauthuros Ice Shard x3

The list comes to 1498