Emmel Eitch

The Pain Cage (1.2)

What are we going to do with three adepts? In a 1500 point game that's what, one troop of adepts?

Im confused by your statement.

In a 1500 point game you could have each type of adept in it own Troop.

The adept limit applies to each seperate adept itself, not overall.

So yer' tellin' me I can run three squads of my Broken Fodder in a 1500 point game? I'm not the swiftest cat, so break it down for me.

EE, was saying that in a 1500 point game you could have all of your different types of adepts in different troops.

example:

Troop 1

Vysa + 9 Archers

Troop 2

Guros + 9 Incubus Warriors

Troop 3

Vysa + 6 Isiri Warriors + 3 Pain tenders

-------------------

Also, once you go over 2,000 points you can actually put adepts of the same type into more than a single troop.

example:

Troop 1

Vysa + 9 Archers

Troop 2

Vysa + 9 Archers

-------------------

Josh, could you build an army or two and post it. It could help us understand where you're having a problem. I just think that given our large number of casters and expensive solos/adepts, you shouldn't have any problem reaching 1,500 points.

Josh, could you build an army or two and post it. It could help us understand where you're having a problem...

His problem is that he bought a bunch of Broken Fodder and then Reaper changed them from Grunts to Adepts. He'll probably be able to use them as Grunts again in a sub-list once the faction book comes out in 2008, but until then he is screwed.

Rich

Thanks Rich, you nailed it!! I can always field my Fodder at my friends place--he doesn't care about conforming to the rules.

I'm just confused and disappointed because when I got the rulebook when it first came out, I was impressed by how you could mix and match different warriors in a unit, and thought that the same vibe would carry over throughout. I was wrong. I feel if you spend the points on these "adepts" (funny word for slave cannon fodder) why can't you simply field an army of them? If a rubric takes into account their stat line and REASONABLY (nothing's perfect) BALANCES models, then why the breakdown into all these subcategories? Couldn't they just have said a percentage of your force can be missiles, and you can have one monster/solo/hero per unit?

Josh, could you build an army or two and post it. It could help us understand where you're having a problem...

His problem is that he bought a bunch of Broken Fodder and then Reaper changed them from Grunts to Adepts. He'll probably be able to use them as Grunts again in a sub-list once the faction book comes out in 2008, but until then he is screwed.

Rich

That sounds like a completely different problem... but ok.

Answer to that is until a book is released, try playing a 2,000 point game or two. You should be able to field at least 18 broken fodder then, and I doubt he owns that many.

I got burned on that rule also, owning 15 reptus warriors is kind of a bust now.

I think I've got twenty. Warlord is kinda tankin' around here, and I'll be lucky to get a game in at all, but I'll try 2000 next go round. I'll see them all on the board. I only wish they had three more poses to capture (sorry, bad pun) all the other factions they've enslaved.

Mwahahahahahaha!!!

On that note, I would like to see a Melee centered warlord for Darkspawn. Give him some casting power like Danithal for the elves has or an innate spell. Make him big and ugly, slap him on a large base with horrid. The queen is cheap, I'd like to see this guy be expensive... have him write the book on new SAs :)

Theres a good chance that Rauthuros (whenever he bothers to show up) will either become a Warlord or have rules to make him "count as one" in a demon sublist.

But, nothings final till its in print ::D:

Did you say Demon Sublist ? WOW , not that could lead to some interesting possibilities . Love it , can't wait to see what eventuates .

So what colors do you guys think of painting the Incubus? Demonish or more humanish?

I got thinking about demon adepts and thought something onlong the lines of Gurm with horrid. Sure they would be 80-100 points but I think it would be fun to have a small troop of them. A new SA could be Immunity:Fire. Units with this SA are immune to any spell with "fire" in the name. You could also do this with ice and lightning.

So what colors do you guys think of painting the Incubus? Demonish or more humanish?

I got thinking about demon adepts and thought something onlong the lines of Gurm with horrid. Sure they would be 80-100 points but I think it would be fun to have a small troop of them. A new SA could be Immunity:Fire. Units with this SA are immune to any spell with "fire" in the name. You could also do this with ice and lightning.

That would be very cool. Big beefy demons for Rauthorus to push around. They don't need to be flyers, just horrid Monstrosities from the firey pits of hell. Things that give Soul Tenders Nightmares. I really hope to see some things that reach from darkest places of human imagination in this faction. Darkspawn can get really nasty and hope they do.

And we're more special. ::P:

Yeah, we know, your army takes the short case to the table ::P:

It took a second for this to process... but once it did, it was probably the funniest thing I've ever read on this forum. LOL

And we're more special. ::P:

Yeah, we know, your army takes the short case to the table ::P:

While it didn't take me as long as some to undestand . . .i also didn't read it until today.

Qwyk you're a genius, an evil genius :devil: but that has to count for something.