Emmel Eitch

Glory of Payanak (1.2)

You think this list is any better? I dropped a breaker and the cleric. Should I drop something else and musicianify the clutchlings? I'll try and test both lists, but who knows what will happen.

Consider this, for 20 points scare is an area effect that can make models shaken and shaken models are -2 DV if I'm not mistaken. Say that three times fast ::P:

hold is 25 points and scare is only 10

I prefer clerics because thy can heal or bless and are less affected by such things as sokar since its a friendly spell, but t hen again i have had success with both and failure with both .

But, I do agree with the idea of adding a musician to the breakers.

ok, so that first list is out, and now I can't help but think about how I haven't used my totem in a while. If I drop the casters all together I can bring a totem and double the hitting potential of most of my grunts. Discuss...

You know, you fella's critiqing my list is probably as goood a help as any for the new lizards seeking advice.

Edit: the totem list could look something like this....

Troop 1:

Chai Uut, Divine Favor

warriors x6

archers x3

Troop 2:

Audt

breakers x7

troop 3:

Audt

cletchlings x6

musician (so that these boys can act as anti archers or objective retrievers)

troops 4-6:

Uru and his bro's

Totem of battle.

999 points

29 models

6 cards

I think I may like this list best of all, assuming I don't have to spend all my time defending the totem.

Can reach units give a reach bonus to models in other troops?

I'm really liking this one. The only thing I'd change is at least one more archer but then again I'm big on my lizard archers. Yes reach support can be used by another troop. You are support the model in front of you not a specific troop's model.

A couple of thoughts, not biggies, just thoughts...

Chai-Uut mov is 5, breakers have mov 5

Warriors and Audt have mov 6.

Which is a better strategy, to have clutchlings that only have a DV8 carry the musician and get into b2b with the enemy almost 2 full turns before the breakers, or have the breakers carry it, and get there at roughly the same time?

If you take 7 warriors and 6 breakers, depending on the makeup of the enemy, you could still use staggered group movement to have the newly improved Audts (DV11+deflect) and same old warriors better shield the others as you go across the board, the only problem is that you would have to move your troops in a pre-defined order (always moving the warrior troop first tilyou get there). Which there is nothing wrong with, as long as you dont have the archers and warriors in the same troop.

The reason I put the musician with the clutchlings is that this upcoming tournament will have at least one round with a "go get the objective" type game. Thus, the speedy troop. I also have a really nice clutchling with a drum, but no breakers with instruments. There is really no reason why the clutchlings can't hang back and hit the enemy with the rest of the troops if they want too. But this way I'll also have that speedy troop for flanking maneuvers, archer hunting, objective retrieval, foot racing, and scoffing at the slow moving dwarves.

As for swapping out the warriors and breakers so that their leader's movements match, that's not a bad idea. But I think I'll keep the warriors with the archers. So, Audt now leads 6 warriors and 3 archers, and Chai Uut will drive the seven breakers around. Thanks for the idea. ::D:

Keep that advice coming.

I find haveing a troop of clutchlings (or enought clutchling in a troop to break off from {4+}) can be quite valueble in garding a far flank against a solo running in behind. Or as previusly mentioned harrassing the enemy archers. After looking at the list I'm going to be running a unit of rangers (probably a 50/50 mix with archers), with a musition and todem. ranger, mov 7, #MA 2, mav3 they should be efective in taking out enemy archers. And with the worriors adptified i'm in nead of some diffrent troops to fill in a few whole. I'll post the list once it's written.

Totem of battle.

Mmmm... A nice totem to defile, Griffon didn't get it last time but maybe this time no?

For me, I'm more worried about your mage then you ToB.

Pulled from a closed thread:

After thinking some more on this over the past day or so, I have to admit, I don't even know that I want for there to be a faction sublist that allows for the repti warriors to be grunts.

I wouldnt mind, but the reason I say it is because, based on the books that are out now, each army seems to have a very limited number of sub lists. Sub-factions if you will. I dont want to waste one just to get my reptus warriors back to grunts. Waste is the wrong word, but you know what I mean.

Based on the fluff given in the core book, I can think of several directions that I hope Reaper takes the Repti. And at this point, as much as I would like to have the ability to field warriors in every troop to act like shields, I dont want to have Reaper drop one of those new storylines just to get back what I am losing so to speak.

Instead I want them to take the faction forward and bring in the new ideas and directions and use this as a springboard for bringing in a new grunt or adept that can bring our race glory in battle.

Indeed, I wouldn't mind to see the Nagendra furthered, it would be cool to have a more warrior-esque snake grouping. Super fast slithering snake but with a punch when it gets there. Maybe a python with squeeze abilities. Or a cobra viper type. I wonder how expensive that poison SA is, wouldnt it be cool to have a nagendra adept with poison, kinda like the nefsokar have their Ammat devourers with horrid... Ooh a slithering fast burrower.

Then again, I do prefer to think of the purebloods more like dragonmen like Double EE told me a few months back. I'd love to see the "dragon" brought out in some way out of the purebloods. Maybe a flyer or two (although I might like a good burrower adept more).. Maybe a breath weapon of some sort. Maybe that whole swoop attack thing that someone talked about recently could be made up. Swoop breath attack or swoop rake would be cool with a dragon.

We have the aura of jade thorns now, maybe other faction abilities will include other "auras" that will help in other areas.

Just so many directions.

Anyway, point is, if Reaper already had some ideas as to where to take the Reptus, I dont want them to drop one of their ideas just to let me have a grunt warrior again.

I'm not sure that creating a sub-faction that granted Reptus Warriors grunt status would have any effect on the fluff, after all up until a frw days ago they were grunts in every situation. It doesn't seem far fetched to think that the Reptus could have several sub-factions and that one such could simply be Khong-To's personal retinue, in the same way the Tomuhk list appears to be the group attached soley to Varaug. Otherwise you could get really descriptive and make such a sub-faction an off-shoot warrior cult, maybe even one that is only aligned with Payanak and instead worships another diety with similar goals, granting the sub-faction an entirely new Warlord that represents this sort of situation. There are a million fluff reasons that such a sub-faction could be worked in and worked around Reapers current ideas. To be honest I'm willing to be Reaper has planned this change for a while so i'm sure they have pretty good idea of what they are going to do. THat being said Reaper is pretty considerate when it comes to changed like this, so I have little doubt we will see a sub-faction that lets people who bought a ton of warriors use them.

I'd like to seee some sort of a level three cleric for our next warlord. Some sort of a "Dragon Priest" with an inate offensive spell. It just makes sense for the priest of "The Great Dragon" to be able to pass out some hurt.

I'd also much rather see a Nagendra sub faction than something that allowed for lots of warriors. I hope that the reptus really branch out and don't just get stuck with a remake of the corebook army for a sub list. I wouldn't mind that sort of thing as an "extra", but I'd be disapointed if it was all we got.

I'd like to seee some sort of a level three cleric for our next warlord. Some sort of a "Dragon Priest" with an inate offensive spell. It just makes sense for the priest of "The Great Dragon" to be able to pass out some hurt.

I'd also much rather see a Nagendra sub faction than something that allowed for lots of warriors. I hope that the reptus really branch out and don't just get stuck with a remake of the corebook army for a sub list. I wouldn't mind that sort of thing as an "extra", but I'd be disapointed if it was all we got.

It's all the Crusaders got, so I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm actually pretty doubtful about a Nagendra list, I don't see or hear alot of people using them, it seems unlikely they'd be expanded.

Not to say I don't see alot of possibilities for a sub-faction that explores the Reptus further, whether it includes the Warriors as grunts or not, but it's just my opinion that the Nagendra are possibly a dead end; maybe not though.

well the current nagendra suffer from the same thing that all the not named warrior suffer from... namely not being a warrior.

That is to say that a dv 9 yet cost 32, most people felt the lower cost lower mav but higher dv warrior was worh more than the quick to die dv9 nagendra.

I had more problem with its point cost than the dv though. I would have taken a cfew and hidden them behind the warriors til they made it across the field. But, at 32 points just werent worth those stats to me.

And admittedly, I did not like their sculpts. They look more like garden snakes than fantasy snake warriors. I was hoping for something more like the rackham snakes. Those look sinister cool.

But, even having said all those negative things on the Repti snakes. I stil hope they continue to develop the snake line along with a dragon line (Mongkohn and nagendra). Because they both have coool concepts and both have potential for really cool models.

I actually just opened my book to verify the Mongkohn name and I just read the description of the archer:

Life began in the world when Payanak shed his skin, and his sacred scales touched the soil like seeds or cut dwn life like a blade. Arrowheads are the weapon that claims direct lineage to the sacred scales of life and death of the Great Dragon and archers are the wielders of Payanak's great power.

Very interesting.... a couple of points that escaped me til now. Both the mention of Payanak as a Great Dragon and also the emphasis on the power of the archers as a major strength and focus for Reptus in general. Wonder if there will be more archer-esque types down the road? Probably not, but still fun contemplating...

I'm really hoping for more nagendra as well. They have a huge area of growth in the game but their stats are a bit weak for the points. I'm thinking of trying out a list a bit heavier in them to see how that works. As far as archers being close to Payanak's will I just about always field archers in some manner in my Reptus lists. That's how Sergei came up with Reptus arrows being copper jacketed. Castlebuilder and I are going head to head friday with 750, 1000, and 1501 point lists. I'll post them here and let everyone know how they did after the slugfest.

I had more problem with its point cost than the dv though. I would have taken a cfew and hidden them behind the warriors til they made it across the field. But, at 32 points just werent worth those stats to me.

It seems that the Ranger special ability adds considerable weight to a minis point cost. I don't understand why, but that's the impression I get. Luckily not as much weight as scry shot though..........

Castlebuilder

I think it almost certain that there will be a Negendra sub-faction. Will there be another sub-faction? Who knows? I doubt very much that KhongTo will get his own sub-faction - he will be the default just like the Duke, Judas and Khufu. Doing something like Reven (Greater Reptus/Lesser Reptus) would obviously be too much like the Reven. Maybe there will be a Lotus Sect sub-faction with pacifist Pilgrims as the grunts (#MA 0, MAV 0, DV 6). ::P:

One thing they could have done with the latest card changes is to have taken Marshwalker off of all the Reptus cards (with a drop in points cost as well!) and made it a faction ability like the Elves and Reven. I don't see any reason why freelance Reptus should have Marshwalker if freelance Elves and Reven also lose the ability to navigate their natural habitats. Marshwalker should also be modified so that it is good for water crossing as well as marsh. Then it might actually be useful from time to time. It seems like there are woods and rough on just about every table, but running into a marsh is quite rare (and is of course labelled "The Reptus Table".) Adding water crossing would make Marshwalker useful with about the same frequency as Wood Strider and Ridgerunner.

Rich