Glory of Payanak (1.2)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, cavalry base. That's interesting. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and make a wild guess, but I have a hunch that these guys will have the Poison SA. ::D: Since they're described as "spitters," maybe combine Poison with a short ranged (6") attack? That would be cool and pretty nasty.

I don't really like the cavalry base. Just cause it makes it more difficult to slither in and out of spaces.

I like the hood thing. But will wait to comment on the face til I see it in my hands. I like 90% of Weibe's sculpts, but I have not been happy with any of his lizards yet. Most so far have loked like overgrown sock puppets.

But, in the end, its the stats that will make the difference. I hope they are something relatively similar to the new Shadow Sisters, good speed but with a punch when they get there without complete useless DV trying to get there. Nothing ruins a model's usefulness faster than low dv.

It occurs to me that it might not actually ship on a cav base; they may have done that just for taking the photo. Then again, I could be wrong. Storm's right though; it looks like you should be able to twist these guys around pretty good.

IMO, so far, this is my favorite of the Nagendra, pre-purchase (yes, I came to like the rest of my snakes after getting them in-hand). We'll see how I feel about it when we get some stats and I get my grubby little mitts on one.

~v

i hope that they go on a smaller base just so that it will be a bit harder to squish them. It's even easier to gang up on a cavalry base than on a normal one. For a model that is already likely to have a low dv and be a high priority target, that extra space on the base could be really bad.

i hope that they go on a smaller base just so that it will be a bit harder to squish them. It's even easier to gang up on a cavalry base than on a normal one. For a model that is already likely to have a low dv and be a high priority target, that extra space on the base could be really bad.

I don't need the extra space to squish it, I'll just send Freya after it ::P: Maybe it will be some "calvery" for you guys and thus the calvery base, I'm sure you guys would like a fast and hard hitter.

Divine Excrement! Anyone else seen the Venomspitter datacard over at the Warlord site?

Quick review: Adept, Cavalry Base, 64 points(!), one track

#MA 1, Mov 8, Dis 4, Mav 2, DV 9, CP 3(!), MD 10

SAs: Cavalry, Defensive Magic, Innate Spell (Venom), Marshwalker, Poison, Small

Discuss.

~v

Well I'm certainly going to buy the minis but I really can't see me ever fielding these babies. Starting from the top there is once again no tough and with only 1 damage track there is 0 chance of recovery. Hopefully the venom has a decent range and can be used with that defensive magic so you get a shot at hitting something. Without having cleric or mage as a SA they can't be given any upgrades for that low CP. Their DV is ok and cavalry gives them a decent defence against shooting. The speed is the real asset of this unit. I hope that the target gets a poison counter when hit with the venom as well. Not too bad of a MAV but these guys are going to get eaten on defensive strikes. Too bad they didn't have assassin, although I have a feeling we'll be seeing that from some yet to be seen Nagendra. Top that off with a cost of 64 points and I can field 2 warriors or breakers with some points left over.

I'm really looking forward to trying this model out tonight. CP 3 is pretty comparable to a nice ranged attack, think of them as Crossbowmen that get to roll against your MD.

This model is going to be a pain for those factions that have models with high DV but average MD. Shield Maidens come to mind... Also Duel damage track models are going to be in trouble. Look out Lupines, cheap heros, and Justicars...

Not to mention that if anyone takes a pot shot or tries to cast a spell on them they are going to get venom thrown right back at them.

I see lots of utility for these guys and a place in most, if not all, of my armies for at least 1.

And to think, just yesterday negendra had no place in my reptus list. Now I find my self anxious to see if they get a sublist and what FAs they will have!

at first i was a little disapointed that they didnt have beast to get that extra 2 inches of charge. But, after thinking about it, I am glad they dont.

I think I prefer, as expensive as they are, to probably give them a couple of upgrades, and make em shine on the field.

at first i was a little disapointed that they didnt have beast to get that extra 2 inches of charge. But, after thinking about it, I am glad they dont.

I think I prefer, as expensive as they are, to probably give them a couple of upgrades, and make em shine on the field.

I'm looking to see where they would fit best in my lists. What upgrades would you give them?