Glory of Payanak (1.2)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I've said before, I want a cleric warlord with an innate offensive spell. Maybe even a mage spell like iceshard. The idea behind this is that the chief cleric of a dragon worshipping religion should be able to blow holes in something. It would also be neat to see a Nagendra Assassin warlord. Something with an Uber high attack, the assassin ability, and a piddly (for a warlord) defense. It would be neat to give him only two attacks instead of three in order to keep his price down.

Edit: He could look something like this on his first track.

Reptus/Neutral Warlord 3-12/2 standard

#MA 2, Mov 8, dis 9, Mav 6, DV 10, MD 12

Assassin, Fearless, First Strike, marshwalker, Tactician, tough 2 (he is a wimpy little snake after all), Warmaster, Deflect, Critical strike (Does this SA exist yet? If it doesn't, it would work like critical shot, but in melee)

Edit #2: On second thought, doubling his Mav with something like "critical strike" would make him veeeeeeeeeerrry deadly, which would in turn make him veeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrryyy expensive.

I'd like to see those looks, Moosey. My Warlord hits you with his MAV 12 attacks :blink: . That's right I only need a 2 to hit Uru. Not that I wouldn't like that, I think it might be too spendy points wise. I really see the Nagendra getting a warlord in on us or at the very least a captain. Speaking of captains, I'd like to get another captain along with our Warlord (hey if your asking go for the whole ball). Chai is pretty good but I would like a new mini in the old carrying case to choose from.

Like I've said before, I want a cleric warlord with an innate offensive spell. Maybe even a mage spell like iceshard. The idea behind this is that the chief cleric of a dragon worshipping religion should be able to blow holes in something. It would also be neat to see a Nagendra Assassin warlord. Something with an Uber high attack, the assassin ability, and a piddly (for a warlord) defense. It would be neat to give him only two attacks instead of three in order to keep his price down.

Edit: He could look something like this on his first track.

Reptus/Neutral Warlord 3-12/2 standard

#MA 2, Mov 8, dis 9, Mav 6, DV 10, MD 12

Assassin, Fearless, First Strike, marshwalker, Tactician, tough 2 (he is a wimpy little snake after all), Warmaster, Deflect, Critical strike (Does this SA exist yet? If it doesn't, it would work like critical shot, but in melee)

Edit #2: On second thought, doubling his Mav with something like "critical strike" would make him veeeeeeeeeerrry deadly, which would in turn make him veeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrryyy expensive.

I thought I had an original idea by suggesting an assassin warlord in the Ds thread. :down:

I think Mav 6 with the assassin sa is too powerful. If you get in my rear of half my army without support you don't even need to roll the dice. I think Mav 4 is the highest you would want to go with that sa.

Cleric warlord and a Nagendra warlord. Critical strike with Mav 6 would be fun, and i think the point cost would be down played significantly when you see that all snakes have almost no armour and no tough. So I would expect that the warlord would have both a low DV and tough value. and keeping it at 2 attacks would also keep the cost down.

And as an after thought it might be nice to have something with spy.

think Mav 6 with the assassin sa is too powerful. If you get in my rear of half my army without support you don't even need to roll the dice. I think Mav 4 is the highest you would want to go with that sa.

But notice his low DV and tough value. This guy would be dirty if he caught you with your pants down, but why let him do that? You can bet people would be gunning for him. And he also only has two attacks, so while he could bust up grunts pretty good, he'd be in trouble in a straight fight against a real cuisinart. The Critical strike thing is a bit over the top though, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. As far as not needing to roll the dice, isn't that how any assassin is? BUt the lower MAV would lower his cost, which is never bad in my book. I just like the idea of an uber assassin that hardly ever misses. He would be a fast moving, hard hitting melee missile. But if he missed, or was attacked before he could effectively base his target, he'd be a goner.

The way I made this guy was to take Khong-to and switch out 2 points of DV, 1 #MA, and a point of tough for 1 MAV, 2 Mov, Deflect, and Assassin. He would be a "high risk = High gain" type of warlord.

I thought of another good innate spell for le cleric warlord. Venom. Shouldn't that one have been obvious from the start?

Oh, and while I'm dreaming, I want an Avatar of Payanak. Think BIG reptusy dragon. Ain't that a great idea?

Well, personally, I want my Warlords to be owerful, not weak... That is why they are Warlords after all. So, even though the dwarves have a couple of capable low DV warlords, I really dont want to add another one.

I would almost go the opposite route. Instead of our current DV12, 3 attacks at MAV 5, make a DV 14 warlord with 2-3 attacks at MAV 3-4, throw in the Assassin thing you are talking about and then you are talking...

A dragon as a Warlord? Well, they are talking about just switching Rathuros for Darkspawn over to a warlord instead of keeping him as an ultra solo (which scares me to think that then they would have to come up with a new ultra solo for darkspawn). So, I guess its possible. But, personally I would prefer that something like a dragon be that ultra solo, one that I can take anytime with any army build.

Cleric warlord? Crusaders, Dwarves, and Nefsokar all already have cleric warlords. Do, I want a powerful cleric? Yes. Do I want one as a warlord? To be honest, not sure. I dont really have anything against it. Just not sure I want one. I will say, that if we do get one, I would want one that is geared towards doing that job and not trying to be a multi-job character...

But, all in all, I could live with it, if it happened. I guess I am more interested in how the rest of the army progresses anyway. Which area Reaper will give the biggest boosts to (dragons, nagendra, or trolls). I do think that the Reptus do have the potential to have the widest range of improvements of all the factions, other than darkspawn, whose demon and underworld expansions are almost limitless.

Moosey, there is Critical Strike. It functions pretty much like Critical Shot. It's found in the Reven Faction Book. So far the only model that gets it is one that wields the Komagg Bleeder Spear (or Ramakha Spirit Imbued Blade, can never remember which), which is a Reven only item.

Sorry to burst you bubble , but Nai-Khanon is an Elite not a Solo and therefore must be fielded in a troop that can support an elite as well , thus your list is illegal . :down: If you want to field him then you will have to have a second Chai-Uut which means you will have to drop some things . :ph34r: If you are wanting a solo or two to help with activating cards , you can't go past Uru or a River Troll . ::D:

Ta, I'm now running. Will be interesting to give it a go. :-)

Squad 1

Sathus + armour

3 x Rangers

Spitter

3 x archers

Squad 2

Chai-uut + Weapon

6 x warriors

2 x breakers

Squad 3

Uru

Since you can't have Nai Khanon on his own, I would drop him in favor of Uru and a river troll. Then just pick up the point difference with a few extra grunts.

Ok, I'm not sure which "weapon" and "armor" you are using, but even with Moderate Magic Weapon on Chai and Greater Magic Armor on Ssathuss, that list only comes in at 717 points by my calculations. You appear to be missing something...

Without deconstructing your list and rebuilding it from scratch, the only observation that I would make is that your list uses a lot of high-point, single-track soldier models (that are all also fairly vulnerable at DV 9 and lack Tough).

~v