Glory of Payanak (1.2)

If this is the mix you are looking to use try this one.

Troop 1

Chai

...Divine Favor

...Lesser Magic Weapon

T'Kay

..Bless

..Bandage x2

Warriors x6

Skullbreakers x2

Troop 2

Ssathus

...Moderate Protection

Ranger x2

Spitter

Archer x3

Troop3

Uru

746 points 3 Init cards

With what you want to use this one will give you a bit of milage out of it but after a couple of fights you'll find what elements of it you like and which ones you don't. It's usually after a few battles that you get a true feeling for any army. Theory is great on paper but everyone's playstyle varies so good luck.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks heaps. I tried the army and was rather effective, barring on factor. What does divine favour do? I looked and looked through my warlord book and couldn't find it listed there. I replaced with other bits nand pieces for the game but I'd like to know what it does.

David

If this is the mix you are looking to use try this one.

Troop 1

Chai

...Divine Favor

...Lesser Magic Weapon

T'Kay

..Bless

..Bandage x2

Warriors x6

Skullbreakers x2

Troop 2

Ssathus

...Moderate Protection

Ranger x2

Spitter

Archer x3

Troop3

Uru

746 points 3 Init cards

With what you want to use this one will give you a bit of milage out of it but after a couple of fights you'll find what elements of it you like and which ones you don't. It's usually after a few battles that you get a true feeling for any army. Theory is great on paper but everyone's playstyle varies so good luck.

basically divine favor is a 10 point personal force field good against one point of damage against the bearer. After it sucks up the first point of damage, it is used up and gone.

But, you can only ever have one divine favor in an army build and only leader and elite models.

basically divine favor is a 10 point personal force field good against one point of damage against the bearer. After it sucks up the first point of damage, it is used up and gone.

But, you can only ever have one divine favor in an army build and only leader and elite models.

Teach a man to fish... last item on page 76.

Rich

Thanks heaps. I tried the army and was rather effective, barring on factor. What does divine favour do? I looked and looked through my warlord book and couldn't find it listed there. I replaced with other bits nand pieces for the game but I'd like to know what it does.

David

And if you don't find it on page 76, then that means that you have the first printing of the WL book, rather than the 2nd. The first printing did not have Divine Favor in it, hence why you might not have been able to locate it. If this is the case, grab yourself a copy of the 2nd printing and give the 1st printing version to a friend to get them involved in the game too. :;):

~v

Just this last weekend , myself and Hellsgate were discussing possiblities for new Reptus models and the discussion led to what would their new Warlord or two be . One thought that came up was a High Priestess , level 3 Cleric and a possible retinue of Priestesses (Adept types) which have Cleric 1/2 and a CP 3 . Oppinions ? :rolleyes:

It would be cool. I would love some more Nagendra options. Stygian Snake cult with priestesses anyone?

Very Robert E Howard.

David

Just this last weekend , myself and Hellsgate were discussing possiblities for new Reptus models and the discussion led to what would their new Warlord or two be . One thought that came up was a High Priestess , level 3 Cleric and a possible retinue of Priestesses (Adept types) which have Cleric 1/2 and a CP 3 . Oppinions ? :rolleyes:

It would be cool. I would love some more Nagendra options. Stygian Snake cult with priestesses anyone?

Very Robert E Howard.

David

Ah , good to see someone got my hint . :lol:

Ok, our faction SA of Jade Thorns isn't all that great let's face it. +2 DV on defensive strikes is awesome especially considering the core DV 9 troops we are using more now but having to give up an action to get it is often either unavailable (1 action to charge 1 action to attack = no action to JT) or unwise (1 action to CdG a tough/3-4 model or use JT to get the +2). I'd like if some of the other Reptus players out there would try out using a slightly altered version of Jade Thorns. +1 DV on defensive strikes but no need to give up an action to do it. Ask you opponent if its ok to try this and get their feedback after the battle. I've heard about our faction SA being horrible compared to others but if we want the chance for a change then we need to give Reaper some ideas backed up with solid playtesting.

I'll test this tonight or next week, Outkast.

Here's another:

Jade Scales of the Blood Clutch

For every incomplete 1000 points in a Reptus army a single Captain, Warlord, or Elite is choosen to be blessed with Jade Scales. Those recieving the blessing recieve +2 DV, Deflect, and +1#MA on defensive strikes. These bonuses do not stack with magical items or special abilities currently possessed by the model.

We rushed the Reptus, fighting them in their own filthy swamp. As we charged their front lines a warrior shrouded in a feint green light, a spear twice the size of a man in one hand, a sword in the other, and a face more fierce than any dragon's, pushed his way to the front. The Warrior lept into the fray and slaughted one of our finest hero's without losing speed. The soldiers nearby retaliated, but we could not pierce his hide, and every man whom attacked was slaughtered where he stood. We never venture into the swamp now, no matter the riches, all should fear the invincible warriors of jade

ok... I'm done :)

Here's another:

Jade Scales of the Blood Clutch

For every incomplete 1000 points in a Reptus army a single Captain, Warlord, or Elite is choosen to be blessed with Jade Scales. Those recieving the blessing recieve +2 DV, Deflect, and +1#MA on defensive strikes. These bonuses do not stack with magical items or special abilities currently possessed by the model.

Since +1 DV and +1#MA on defensive strikes is something that costs 65 points in the Overlords book, that is a big freebie.

Rich

Since +1 DV and +1#MA on defensive strikes is something that costs 65 points in the Overlords book, that is a big freebie.

Rich

But so's the ability to "stack" troop musicians for the same cost, and cdg w/o using an action - and the ability to do that at range. It's wierd having a whole ability centered on one model like that. Even the Wolf ability that Gerard gets, even though it's tied to a model, utilizes others. Razig has wierd abilities directly tied to that one model...

I'm not sure the jade thingy he proposed would be entirely out of line.. sounds more like a hecka sweet piece of faction specific armor than a faction SA, to be honest, but it's a slick idea that would go well with a melee/defense oriented faction.

Got to try out the +1 DV on defensive strikes for the factions tonight. It really didn't swing the game in either direction too far from what me and my opponent saw. We counted 3 instances where the ability had an effect (he was either rolling really good or really poor for strikes). The DV 11 warriors really didn't seem to care about the +1 but the Skull Breakers were the ones that benefitted from it. I didn't field any nagendra but I'm betting they'd do well with it too. Shak, did you get a chance to give it a go yet? I'm going to try a few different lists to see how the other models do with this trial.

in all of our discussions related to different SAs and such it was probably mentioned somewhere, but I did have a thought today as I was driving allong...

I think the current +2 to DV could work well with one minor change.

Kepp it to where it is a give up a non combat action to get the +2 to DV, but the change is, that the +2 DV is just that a +2 to DV until the model's next activation, not just that one attack sequence and in fact you dont even have to be attacking to enable it. Simply decide to give up a non combat action to get the +2 to DV.

I still like my ideas of regeneration and such more, but at least this makes an already existing SA more useable.