Glory of Payanak (1.2)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me just say one thing , I hate , hate , hate , hate , hate , hate , hate , hate the Hydra . :blink::wacko:

I quite enjoyed our games with it. If the one or two supporting T'kays had ever been taken out it could of had some problems. As fearsome as it is i don't see it as a must have in every list.

What I realy love are our flyers. My fav tactic with them was to keep them flying to stop them being shot at (halfed range) then swoop them in on mass on a single model, before taking off again in seach of anther high point model. With a full troop you'll find in nothing will stand against 16 hit and run attack at MAV 8 (MAV 5 +3 support).

I also love the new reach rules, i.e. the reach bonus is used by everyone attacking the model not just the one the reacher is behind and that a third of our grunt/adepts have it. Though the fact that as per the rules a clutchling can stand behind a hydra and give supports seams a bit off to me.

Let me just say one thing , I hate , hate , hate , hate , hate , hate , hate , hate the Hydra . :blink::wacko:

I quite enjoyed our games with it. If the one or two supporting T'kays had ever been taken out it could of had some problems. As fearsome as it is i don't see it as a must have in every list.

What I realy love are our flyers. My fav tactic with them was to keep them flying to stop them being shot at (halfed range) then swoop them in on mass on a single model, before taking off again in seach of anther high point model. With a full troop you'll find in nothing will stand against 16 hit and run attack at MAV 8 (MAV 5 +3 support).

I also love the new reach rules, i.e. the reach bonus is used by everyone attacking the model not just the one the reacher is behind and that a third of our grunt/adepts have it. Though the fact that as per the rules a clutchling can stand behind a hydra and give supports seams a bit off to me.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble , but Reach has been clarrified that size still counts , so no more using those Clutchlings like that . ::P:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble , but Reach has been clarrified that size still counts , so no more using those Clutchlings like that . ::P:

Yeah, but have you seen how Trencher works?

If the Hydra is in B2B, and there's also a Warrior in B2B, and the Clutchlings are behind the Warrior, the Hydra gets his Trencher support! Booya!

PS

To the best I can see there's no trencher. But can anyone honestly say that the hyrdra needs trencher. I've also desided I love the long strikes and clutchlings. A handful or two of them lending support to your main force will make the enemy think twice before charging in. Activate them to clean off any survivers.

Forgive me if this has been suggested already for Aura of Jade Thorns - I don't frequent this thread, but just had the idea so I'm gonna throw it out there:

If ever a Reptus model doesn't take a move action during its own activation, Aura of Jade Thorns is automatically applied. It grants +2DV (and maybe +1MD if you guys think that's cool - I think it's a good idea) versus ALL attacks while active. If at any point the model takes a move action, Aura fades, and will be restored the next time it finishes an activation without taking a move action.

This way it applies for more than defensive strikes. You can set up your warriors in a nice spot, have them stand their ground (and all get Jade Aura) in preperation to take a charge from the enemy.

It'd give you a good chance of actually having Jade Thorns being active when it matters, and it's not impossible for an opponent to overcome - they can refuse to engage in melee and shoot at you to provoke you to charge.

If at any point the model takes a move action, Aura fades, and will be restored the next time it finishes an activation without taking a move action.
That would say to me that during the second round of combat we would get the +2, but then if we choose to move after we would loose the benifits if we are charged, shot, etc. till we stood still for a turn again.

I like the idea and with the increased MAV of all models the "+2 is too much" argument is no long as valid. Though to make it simple, maybe re word it to something like: "A reptus model may drop a single move action in order to reseive a +2 to DV and +1 to MD. This bonus lasts untill the models next movement (magical or otherwise), though move equivlen actions i.e. CDG, loot, etc. do not cause the aura to fade"

I added the magical or otherwise and the loot/CDG bit so it would be easier to keep track. "Yep that model's in the same place it was last turn, it must still have the aura."

So with the new data cards I have two questions. The first is that if these new cards are official. Are they going to change or are the going to stay the same. The second is, if they are then what should I get to sart to make a reasonable sized army with some options that will allow me to be flexable with diffirent enemies. Thnx

With the exception of minor tweaks (although not likely as the Reptus seem solid other than the Faction SA) the cards are done. I'd start with the starter box. A great deal and will land you Khong-to, our Warlord, T'Kay, our cleric, and 9 warriors. I'd snag the Skullbreaker set because with the MAV 7 on those guys they make nice hard hitters. I'd pick up a few archers depending on your playstyle. And you can't go wrong with Uru and and the boys (river trolls). They are a very hard hitting unit that still has the speed to get to where they need to go to cover the slower aspects of your army. A couple of venom spitters make great flankers and with poison they can really be a pain in your opponent's side.