Sign in to follow this  
Emmel Eitch

Glory of Payanak (1.2)

There are two things I don't like about the new sculpt. The way the spikes that are on all the leaders are on his shoulders instead of his back just looks clumsy, they also are not attached very well judging from that picture. Also, the way his tail is covered with plates reminds me of a transformer for some reason... although dragons that turn into giant robots my be pretty cool.

Other than that he's a very welcome addition to my reptus family!!

That tail reminds me of an Anklyosaur. It would be cooler if he had only one weapon and his second attack was attributed to a Tail Whip.

There are two things I don't like about the new sculpt. The way the spikes that are on all the leaders are on his shoulders instead of his back just looks clumsy, they also are not attached very well judging from that picture. Also, the way his tail is covered with plates reminds me of a transformer for some reason... although dragons that turn into giant robots my be pretty cool.

Other than that he's a very welcome addition to my reptus family!!

That tail reminds me of an Anklyosaur. It would be cooler if he had only one weapon and his second attack was attributed to a Tail Whip.

Well they had dinobots :P

So last night, I finally had the chance to face Elves under our new warrior restrictions. I used the total melee list that I mentioned in my last post about the Nefsokar (swapping Ssudai and his spells out for Ra'am and Uru). I managed to squeeze out a win, despite my opponent having some hot dice in both combat and for Tough checks (I think he made nearly 50% of his Tough checks during the game). To be fair, the Elven army was hardly as "shooter" heavy as it could have been; he was playing with available models and only had 3 vale archers, Niriondel, and Selwyn. That gave him a max of 6 shots @ RAV 3 and 3 shots @ RAV 2 per round; hardly the feathered-death I could have faced. I also made a spectacularly brilliant tactical blunder early in the game, but managed to recover from it. I doubt the situation would have been so forgiving had he been fielding more vale archers...

~v

Repti!

I need army lists. I'm looking for suggestions for a series of linked armies.

I need a 1000 point list.

I need a 2000 point list that includes the first list entirely and without modification. This list needs Khong-to, and I'd like to have a totem.

I need a 3000 point list that includes the 2000 point list entirely without modifications.

Models are not an issue! I will have them all. If possible I'd like to use as many different types of models as possible.

What have we got for suggestions?

PS

when do you want by? And do you think we should start a new thread for that?

I can work a few of my current lists to meet your needs and have them tonight or tomorrow.

Does K-O need to be in the 1000 point list or just the upper lists?

when do you want by? And do you think we should start a new thread for that?

I can work a few of my current lists to meet your needs and have them tonight or tomorrow.

Does K-O need to be in the 1000 point list or just the upper lists?

I don't need it in any kind of hurry. Khong can be anywhere as long as all the lists are legal.

PS

Who knows how this will actually play, but here goes:

Troop 1

Chai w/IP

T'Kay w/Bandagex3,Blessx3

Archers x3

Warriors x6

Troop 2

Audt

Breakers x7

Troop 3

Troll

Troop 4

Krung

100 point totem

1st list: 999 points, 4 Troops, 4 cards, 23 models

Troop 5

Khong

Ra-am w/IP

Ssudai w/DF, Firestorm, Scare, Shardsx2

Warriors x7

Troop 6

Audt

Warriors x6

Troop 7

Uru

+100 additional for the totem

2nd list: 2000points, 7 Troops, 8 cards, 41 models

Troop 8

Chai

Nai w/LMA

Archers x4

Warriors x4

Troop 9

Audt

Clutchlings x6

Troop 10

Audt

Breakers x5

Troop 11

Troll

+100 additional for totem

3rd list: 2997 points, 11 Troops, 12 cards, 65 models

~v

That is correct, Darkknight. If you are referring to the 2nd list, it does indeed have a Warlord; Khong-to is the Reptus warlord.

~v

It's a number of months off, but just so everyone can be as excited as me:

NYA RPR 14326 Nagendra Poison Spitters (2) $9.49

So negendra are giving the faction some serious flavor... I like it.

It's a number of months off, but just so everyone can be as excited as me:

NYA RPR 14326 Nagendra Poison Spitters (2) $9.49

So negendra are giving the faction some serious flavor... I like it.

Sweet. That'll make the Nagendra a bit more lively on the field.

I've been thinking about the Reptus and their background and such. They really have the feel of warrior mystics or monks. Now when talking about this at first the thing that comes to most people's minds is a weak cp melee fighter that can't pull off the spells half the time or has better things to do than try casting. I was thinking that is in all reality what the reptus would lean toward would be SA's that would effect them or perhaps a small area around them. This would more closely represent the mental and spiritual discipline that the background truly suggests about them.

The Reptus were on the killing fields today at the tourney that Castlebuilder ran. In the first and third senarios I wiped out my opponents to a model. Castlebuilder was a pain in the first senario because although he based it around looting and bounty points he declared that Feed the Young wasn't being used :down: . Finally a chance to use one of the few cool things about the Reptus and got shot down. Oh well still chewed up the 'spawn. The biggest nightmare was the Necros. The vampires feeding was impossible and the fact that my opponent only missed 1 tough check didn't help. I ended up killing the knights 2-3 times a piece. I lost that round but even that was fairly close. Once again despite our warriors being now adepts it really didn't hurt the effectiveness of the scaley killing machine.

The Reptus were on the killing fields today at the tourney that Castlebuilder ran. In the first and third senarios I wiped out my opponents to a model. Castlebuilder was a pain in the first senario because although he based it around looting and bounty points he declared that Feed the Young wasn't being used :down: . Finally a chance to use one of the few cool things about the Reptus and got shot down. Oh well still chewed up the 'spawn. The biggest nightmare was the Necros. The vampires feeding was impossible and the fact that my opponent only missed 1 tough check didn't help. I ended up killing the knights 2-3 times a piece. I lost that round but even that was fairly close. Once again despite our warriors being now adepts it really didn't hurt the effectiveness of the scaley killing machine.

Sorry to hear about you not getting to use your faction ability, I have to agree that is a raw deal, in games where you loot you should be getting those exta points no matter what the reasoning behind the scenario, they are directly tied to you using a pure faction force.

Ah-Ha! more testimony for me to point towards about the effectiveness of Crimson Knights, I know all you Crypt Legion players have your doubts, but they are nothing short of amazing.

Hey, it wasn't normal looting rules. The points were for looting the enemy models to get information, not food. If it had been normal looting, I would have left feed the young in. I just didn't want to allow an extra half hour for everyone to tally up all the points! And besides, the way your Reptus were chewing stuff up you didn't need any bonuses anyway!

Sheesh, and you didn't even mention give me any credit for two of the six boards had swamp on them!

Castlebuilder

Ah yes I had forgotten about the actual swamp. Many thanks to Castlebuilder for having a bit of mud and muck for us to play in. It really didn't have a major effect on the game because the time I had one of the swamp boards my opponent was the Necros and with non-corporeal he ignored it as much as I. It did keep his knights from swarming my breakers as soon as they would have been but all in all it showed that a bit of swamp on a board makes for a nice addition and not a complete alteration of tactics.