Emmel Eitch

Axe and Hammer Tavern (1.2)

Makes for a fun, difficult and interesting model to play. He's not a solidly amazing model I don't think, because you need to be very cautious with him. But in my eyes that's a plus, I don't like having an invincible model. I like my armies to have advantages AND disadvantages. Gives me plenty to think about and work with/work around during a game.

If Logan can get the charge in on a model, with his first strike capability he will apply some serious smackdown. :devil:

But, why don't you like an invincible model? I do. That's why I take multiple Thorvalds in every build. They're damn near invincible. :devil::bday::lol:

And, Reaper peeps, I prefer the Dwarfs to have nothing but advantages and NO disadvantages. Thanks! :lol:^_^

Wild Bill :blues:

so you didnt say how far you made it in the tourney, nor if you had to face anything similar to that warmaster list that storm posted up.

Who/what did you face?

it was a Playtest Session for a Tournament Scenario Pete wrote not a true tournament.

He faced Necro Crypt Legion in first round, My Dwarves in Round 2 and Nefso in third round.

we had a Reven player & Pete had some O'Lords.

why don't you like an invincible model? I do. That's why I take multiple Thorvalds in every build. They're damn near invincible.

He lost his Thorvald in one round. Logan & 3 warriors swarmed him. Dwarf on Dwarf Battle meant Bane to all.

He lost his Thorvald in one round. Logan & 3 warriors swarmed him. Dwarf on Dwarf Battle meant Bane to all.

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!! I bet that was fun to watch! "Logan has Toug/6." "Not against my lowly Dwarven Warriors he doesn't!" :lol:

Was it a total slaughter between the two Dwarf armies?

Not that Dwarves really needed it as they came out of this datacard update thing as one of the better off factions, but if we're going to muck around with new cards, why not give the Dwarf King a card that takes away the silly scrye shot?

I agree. Maybe Reaper is trying to come out with a hand-to-hand machine (with no DV! :wacko: ) and a ranged attack machine (again, probably with no DV! :wacko: ). Then, you have the King to tie the two together! I'm not too happy with that, since it limits the effectiveness of my Warlords. I look at the other factions and see Warlords that seemingly can dish it out just as well as my Warlords, yet can potentially hold off counterattacks because they have a decent DV!

But...Reaper chose to go down a different path. So, outside of extreme conditions (like I actually get to meet Storminator in person and can whoop up on his Warmaster Overlord army! :devil: ) I just won't play in a game big enough to require a Warlord. Or else I may play with a different army. Who knows? ^_^

Yeah dwarf on dwarf was a brutal battle. I for one was used to having tough checks, and seeing my models drop for good each time was a bit dismaying.

How I lost Thorvald was pretty funny actually. I swung him around a cluttered town sort of thing.. lots of buildings.. and used him to smash Snorri into paste (on defensive strikes too - poor snorri didn't have a good showing that game). Next round I charged around behind a building and made a grave for Gargram while Fishripper prepared Gargram for it. And during that round, out from behind another building, comes Logan, frothing at the mouth... Thorvald barely had time to see what was happening, and Fishripper is now friend-less :(

I got taken apart by the Crypt Legion.. in a stand-up fight I may not have done quite as poorly, but he had great position with his archers so he definately would have won. The scenario that round definately lent itself to the Crypt Legion army that he played - so what can you do. You've heard about round two when I fought the dwarves, besides the hilarity of our Logan's smashing models it was a fairly normal game where we both played pretty aggressively and lost plenty of units. Against Necro the scenario forced us to clump up, and I managed to get Margara on a hilltop in range to Firestorm a pile of Tomb Guards. Very effective! I followed that up with a line of warriors and shieldmaidens hitting his forces, and the combat part of that round was tipped in my favor. We tied the scenario victory condition with some lucky rolling in the last few minutes of play. That was the game where Logan got surrounded and eaten by the zombies... hense my advice to ALWAYS support Logan to keep him from getting swarmed.

@ Arbiter10 - I'd take a fluff-writing job in an instant :D Better than selling ink cartridges >.>

That was the game where Logan got surrounded and eaten by the zombies... hense my advice to ALWAYS support Logan to keep him from getting swarmed.

Anything on the board needs support to keep it from being swarmed, no matter how strong or expensive it is.......I love that about the game!

Castlebuilder

Theorectically, despite Logan's crapass DV, his Warmaster + 360 + MAV 6 + #MA 3 should equal three dead grunts on defensive strikes. I know I managed to pull that off with Razig once against Elves. I want to say it was Stubbdog who called Logan a Lawnmower. That's how come I came up with the new SA:Cuisinart. :lol:

Makes for a fun, difficult and interesting model to play. He's not a solidly amazing model I don't think, because you need to be very cautious with him. But in my eyes that's a plus, I don't like having an invincible model. I like my armies to have advantages AND disadvantages. Gives me plenty to think about and work with/work around during a game.

If Logan can get the charge in on a model, with his first strike capability he will apply some serious smackdown. :devil:

But, why don't you like an invincible model? I do. That's why I take multiple Thorvalds in every build. They're damn near invincible. :devil::bday::lol:

And, Reaper peeps, I prefer the Dwarfs to have nothing but advantages and NO disadvantages. Thanks! :lol:^_^

In the seige at Origins they took two Thorvalds against some goblins....and the goblins had bear steak! :lol:

In our last game Uru had some hot dice and dropped the bear without taking a scratch of damage.

My biggest fear when it comes to the dwarves is Freya. I have never successfully dropped her without taking massively disproportionate (sp) losses.

Whoever took two Thorvalds against a horde of goblins had one of three things happening:

1) He didn't understand that the incredibly lame mob mentality rule essentially overrides Horrid, and therefore COULD get swarmed.

OR

2) He hadn't played enough to know you have to send at least one small unit in with the bears to prevent exactly that sort of thing happening.

OR

3) He had to protect a flank, and sacrificing the bears was the only way to go.

I'm hoping it was Option #3! ^_^

Freya is pretty tough. She got even better now that I essentially save 5 points every time I take her. How is that possible? At 67 points, I ALWAYS took Lesser Magic Armor on her for 15 points. Now, at 77 points, I don't have to because her DV is already 11! Thanks Reaper for saving me 5 points on every build! :wub:

In our last game Uru had some hot dice and dropped the bear without taking a scratch of damage.

My biggest fear when it comes to the dwarves is Freya. I have never successfully dropped her without taking massively disproportionate (sp) losses.

Get ready to :grr: her even more; now that I don't have to take LMA I give her Divine Protection making her essentially a three track sergeant. ::P:

Freya and her girls are in need of some new lizard skin purses. ::D:

Freya and her girls are in need of some new lizard skin purses. ::D:

Yeah buddy!! My girls go shopping all the time!! :lol: