Emmel Eitch

Axe and Hammer Tavern (1.2)

I have been lobbying since the first appearance of the data card currently titled "Chick on Bear" to name that model Ursula.

I've had in depth, lengthy conversations with several PTB in an attempt to persuade them to make it so.

So I'm now sharing my desired name with yall, the wonderful Dwarven community to request support in this matter.

Her name IS Ursula.

I have been lobbying since the first appearance of the data card currently titled "Burrowing Dwarf" to name that unit Miner.

I've had in depth, lengthy conversations with several PTB in an attempt to persuade them to make it so.

So I'm now sharing my desired name with yall, the wonderful Dwarven community to request support in this matter.

Hmmmm... I think the magic is in the wording...

I'm gonna give it a try!

"I have been lobbying since the first appearance of the data card currently titled "My Dice" to name that unit "can only roll 10's." I've had in depth, lengthy conversations with several PTB in an attempt to persuade them to make it so. So now I'm sharing my desired name with yall, the wonderful Dwarven community to request support in this matter.

Boy oh boy, I hope this works :bday:

Ok dwarf players: Here's the deal. I'm building a terrain piece that's essentially a mountain watchtower. It's a 5x5 interior area, fully walled on two sides, the side with the entrance is a low wall (so heavy cover) and the "forward" facing wall is a low wall. The back corner has an elevated watchpost. The path leading up to the entrance to the watchtower curves around and below the two low wall portions. You ought to be able to fit 5 ranged fighters into position (2 shooting from each "wall portion" and another on the watchpost - but the one on the watchpost would only get light cover from the railing that surrounds it), and the path leading up can hold two, the most three abreast.

So the questions are, using a dwarf list of say 750-1000ish,

1) how would you defend this position

and

2) how would you assault this position?

I've got some ideas of my own, but I'm interested in hearing what you guys come up with!

I have been lobbying since the first appearance of the data card currently titled "Chick on Bear" to name that model Ursula.

Her name IS Ursula.

WOOHOO!

one down, two to go.

I have been lobbying since the first appearance of the data card currently titled "Burrowing Dwarf" to name that unit Miner.

::):

Thank you.

Thank you! I was really worried about what this model was going to turn out to be. There are alot of ways for something to burrow... and most of them I would hate to see in this game. So I'm happy to see that they are Miners!

Ok dwarf players: Here's the deal. I'm building a terrain piece that's essentially a mountain watchtower. It's a 5x5 interior area, fully walled on two sides, the side with the entrance is a low wall (so heavy cover) and the "forward" facing wall is a low wall. The back corner has an elevated watchpost. The path leading up to the entrance to the watchtower curves around and below the two low wall portions. You ought to be able to fit 5 ranged fighters into position (2 shooting from each "wall portion" and another on the watchpost - but the one on the watchpost would only get light cover from the railing that surrounds it), and the path leading up can hold two, the most three abreast.

So the questions are, using a dwarf list of say 750-1000ish,

1) how would you defend this position

and

2) how would you assault this position?

I've got some ideas of my own, but I'm interested in hearing what you guys come up with!

1) I would field a captain with maximum number of piercers. Then, a second captain with maximum number of halberdiers. I haven't played with the points, so the numbers may be off. But, you get the general idea. :upside:

2) Bears and griffons. Bears and griffons. What else do you need? :lol:

Now, both of my answers are based on the fact that no siege equipment exists in the game and thus I am assuming there is no gate to bash down.

Wild Bill :blues:

Yeah, I was thinking halberds were a must, with both Trencher and Reach. I think I'd make a front line of either Warriors or Maidens, just two of them, because they're so much harder than halberdiers.

I was thinking of having some sort of a patrol outside the position. Probably just a sgt. with some warriors, nothing too fancy, but just something to take the pressure off of the defenders at a key moment. Could even be the Griffon, flying circles around the fort and keeping an eye on things, swooping down right when it matters. The Bear Cpt. and a troop of Bears would be awesome for that role, with their fast move and very fast charge, plus shock and all of those nasty SA's.

For offense, I'm not sure there's any good methods. Burrowers or fliers would be good, however a smart defender would spread his forces out so there's no place to surface/land within the fort. Probably whatever your faction's highest DV, most-tracked models would fare best.

For both attack and defense, Chain Lightning and other aoe spells would be really good, to wear down the enemy.

Just don't forget about Indirect Shots being lobbed into the open areas. Make sure you have roofs over the heads of your softer targets.

Any opponent planning to take a large tower would be foolish not to bring a pretty decent amount of Archers.

I wouldn't be too worried about indirect shot. With its half range and auto heavy cover bonus, it won't hit much, the models will have to be in range of my piercers, and he triggers defensive shot if he aims at a piercer.

It might be almost a necessity to take both a mage and a cleric for defense. Counterspell and healing would both be very important to a defensive operation like that.

What do you guys think of the idea of a patrol outside the fort? Think it'd get chased down and cut to bits before the enemy engaged the fort? That's a worry - perhaps it'd be possible to draw the pursuing enemy through the field of fire from the fort and at least make them pay double for fighting with the patrol. Too many variables to know for sure.

That would make the Griffon or the burrowing dwarves be the best choice for the patrol, as they can always fly or burrow to hide from an enemy that ignored the fort to pursue them.

The terrain project is comming along... I'm picking at it here and there after work and predict that by sometime next week it might be done. Hopefully will be done then, the fiance gets home from college a week from tomorrow and I'll have less time for modeling! It'd be a shame not to finish this project. I'll have to post pictures in the appropriate thread once it's done.

I wouldn't be too worried about indirect shot. With its half range and auto heavy cover bonus, it won't hit much, the models will have to be in range of my piercers, and he triggers defensive shot if he aims at a piercer.

That depends on if they address some of the questions with Indirect Shot. You're allowed a Defensive Ranged Attack back. Did they remove the "Golden Rule" of if you can shoot me I can shoot you, irregardless of LOS?

e.g. I lack LOS to your Piercer and make an Indirect Shot. You lack LOS to shoot me back, and your Model lacks Indirect Shot (like Piercers) do you still get to make a Defensive Shot?

And, I think I will toss this into inquiring Minds, just to be on the safe side.