Axe and Hammer Tavern (1.2)

Does anybody remember the specifics of Monster Slayer? If it's in the 2nd printing then I'm blind. +1 vs. beasts, large/giant bases, right?

If memory serves, it appeared in the Crusader book if you own that. I think it is +2 MAV vs. large+ bases. ::):

Wild Bill :blues:

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of finding some of those Special Abilities reprinted somewhere else, like an errata document? I see neither Healer nor Monster Slayer in the main book, but now I have Dwarf models with those abilities.

Would be mighty handy.

From the FAQ Warlord FAQ

SA: Healer (Thread: http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18784 )

Q: What does it do?

A: A healer model may use an Invoke action to remove a point of damage from a model that it is in Base to Base contact with.

Monster Slayer ( Thread: http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19489 )

Q: What does it do?

A: +2 to its MAV when conducting attacks or defensive strikes vs models with the base types Large, Giant, or Super

The August update on Warlord HQ was compiled in a VERY large part from the Warlord FAQ that Spiritual Exorcist was maintaining.

Monster Slayer is +2 MAV vs Large, Giant and Super bases.

Sir Damon :wub::wub::wub: Monster Slayer.

It makes Thorvalds so nice and easy to Mercy. :devil:

It wouldn't belong in the Errata because there is no Errata on the rule. The rule is unchanged from how it was written in the Crusader's Book. Until Herryk, there has not been another model with the SA, so there really has been no need for it to be available elsewhere.

I imagine in a future printing of the rulebook it will be incorporated, much like Piker, Raider and others were.

It was in the old May FAQ as legacy. Added back in January before the Crusader book was released.

Well, tonight is the big night! My first foray with good ol' High Priest Herryk! Woooo! :bday::B):

I am playing against the Reptus, and this is the list I will field:

Herryk + GMA + DF + (The Overlord Cleric Ice Shard Spell whose name I forget :blush: )x4

Durgam + GMA

9 Shieldmaidens

Musician

Fulumbar

10 Piercers

Thorvald

Gargram

5 Warriors

Musician

Thorvald

Gargram

5 Warriors

Musician

Totals: 1,497 Points, 36 Models, 6 Troops, 7 Init Cards

I figured the spells would be for pesky things like Uru and Khong-To. :devil:

What does everyone think? I'll tell everyone what happened tomorrow... :poke:

Looks good WildBill! Offensive magic is a must against the high DV Reptus (though now that their warriors are adept, this is less of a factor..) and you've got that. I usually like to take a Totem versus the Reptus but that's not a critical factor at all, just preference.

Go make some turtle soup!

**Sigh** Alas, it was not meant to be last night. :down:

I must have pi$$ed off the dice gawds or something, because I rolled horrible. Granted, my opponent didn't do much better, but it was enough. :down:

Here is his list, as well as I remember it:

Khong-To + GMA + DF + MMW

Nai-Khanon + GMA +MMW

5 Warriors

Musician

Chai-Uut

Ssudai + GME + 1 Firestorm + 1 Ice Shard + 1 Bolt + 1 Fear

5 Breakers

Chai-Uut

5 Archers

Uru

River Troll

River Troll

So, we both had 7 init cards thanks to tactician. Despite the horrible dice rolling, I did see some flaws with my army design. Not taking a musician with my piercers hurt me. In the first turn, I had 3 piercers fall an inch and a half short. With a musician, they would have been a half inch within range. :grr:

Plus, Searing Pain (the Overlord spell I took) was ok, but a range of 12" didn't do me any favors. Not that my dice rolling did either... :wacko: But, I think I need to drop one of the spells for a musician for the piercers, and change out a second one for a Dispel.

Once again, the Dwarves inability to resist magic made another big impression. I have zero grunts or sgts above MD 10. None. Fulumbar is an 11, along with Thorvald and Durgam. The Griffon is only a 12, along with Logan. Everyone else is a 13, except Thorgrim, who is 14 for some reason. I know I am getting tired of essentially having zero magic resistance. Maybe Reaper needs to institute the rule "a roll of 1 always fails". If a 10 always hits, why not? That would at least force my opponent to make a roll instead of "Ok, my mage has a CP 9. What? Your MD is 10? Ok, I autohit then." That royally sucks. :grr:

I'm just glad that the Dwarves have some good casters. Most games make the dwarves magically resistant, but also make them poor at casting magic.. having none, or very limited magic. Dwarves have Margara, Ivar and now Herryk who are great casters. I'll take the trade. Other factions fall easily to magic as well. And if a guy's kitted his mage out for great casting, it's no wonder that his spells hurt bad.

I remember when I first started playing almost two years ago now. We were playing with the assumption that a roll of a 1 always failed. It made a world of difference in the games. Even if you have an MAV 7 and your opponent's DV is 7, a 1 fails. Definitely made games exciting!

Herryk was decent against most of the targets I chose. I typically had a 50% chance of success. However, based upon my dice rolls, my success rate was less than stellar. ^_^

After thinking about it a little while this morning, I am going to completely retool my Herryk army. I guarantee it won't look the same next time. :lol: