Sign in to follow this  
Emmel Eitch

Monglash Steppes (1.2)

For Warcry from a leader (not the spell) , you'll need to roll 6+ for each model within 2" of the leader , friendly or not . Fail that and you still get your "Tough" roll . And as Qwyk has said , those hunters are awesome when "Enraged" . :blink:

nice list qwyksilver but I still want some power ::D: (I still like the numbers though).

How well does the all leaders have warcry ability work? Is it successfull do you find yourself crowded around your leader so you can auto pass tough checks? If so is a fire ball moot because you auto pass tough checks?

I think i'm going to like the reven they look to have some things in common with my other armies (Overlords & Necropolis).

If you do, I would strongly urge you to get the Reven Faction book. It significantly changed the Default army list and special abilities.

Noghra list has the hill giant, harpies and beastriders, rangers, skeeters and alt cards for the skeeters/warriors/rangers worth looking at.

Your list looks fine except Lurgh is a solo and should not be attached to a troop . IMHO I would attach Gaaguk to Narg's troop and ditch the musician from the archer troop , you don't really need it as they have a good Mov and Range . I do something similar at times except I attach an Ombur with a Bless and a few Bandages to Dantral's archer troop . ::D:

Oh it would have been good if i would pay attation to it saying Solo thats one more card for me so something like this

Dantral-92

Bull orc archersx6-180

Gaaguk-95/DF-10

Narg-108

Bull Orc Fightersx6-132/musician-10

Gaaguk-95/bleeder Spear-30

Kharg-34

Bull orc Fightersx6-132/musician-10

Braug-68

=996

If you bunch up around your leader, you are asking for a fireball or firestorm. If the opponent is smart, he will target a cluster that is led by a sergeant, and preferably after that troop has activated for the turn. After the flames die down, he will peg the wounded sergeant with a couple arrows to finish him off. This can work against a captain too, but it takes a few more arrows to make sure he drops.

Another problem/caution about Warcry. If the enemy archers are smart, they will spread out their targets, so you can't Warcry more than one or two. Also, if your leader Warcrys a casualty or two from archery, he falls behind and is late coming into melee. Melee is where his Warcry ability might be needed the most. And if you Warcry in a melee, make sure you coupe the stunned enemy before you do it, since Warcy affects them too.

Castlebuilder

Oh it would have been good if i would pay attation to it saying Solo thats one more card for me so something like this

Dantral-92

Bull orc archersx6-180

Gaaguk-95/DF-10

Narg-108

Kharg-34

Braug-68

=996

Gaaguk is unique, you can only use one of him in your army list. I would use the extra points to add Gurm and some more bull orcs.

I have the book now the default list changed alot from the core book, but looks like a solid army to me can't wait to play em.

Thnx for the help much information form the reven peeps.

one more question is there any models that are not worth using? OK maybe two is there some that deserve honorable mention?

Dantral-92

Bull orc archersx6-180

Gaaguk-95/DF-10

Narg-108

Kharg-34

Braug-68

=996

Gaaguk is unique, you can only use one of him in your army list. I would use the extra points to add Gurm and some more bull orcs.

Gaaguk becomes a non-unique in a purely Tomukh list . The above list fulfills that criteria . :ph34r:

I was under the impression when a model was stunned it's md was 0. That's why i said warcry was a auto standup. I checked the rule book it doesn't specify was there a ruling made on the forum? If so could someone post the thread.

Warcry is a non-attack spell. You have to equal or exceed a 10 on your roll.

For friendly Models, you roll your +4, for non-Friendly Models, they just get a +2.

Unless you're casting Warcry with a Cleric, in which case, you use their CP if it's higher.

I played my first game with the reven ... i won ::D: . I played against the darkspawn, I used the bull orc sub-list warcry was very handy for keeping my opponet for getting pain tokens. I like the army can't wait to get more money to get more figs.

Congratulations! Orcs versus Darkspawn can be a tough game. Both armies seem to be fairly evenly matched regarding Special Abilities. Neither armies' models want to stay down when you knock 'em down. I've played 500 point games against Darkspawn that have outlasted 1500 point games being played on other tables at our game store.

Around here we call Reven versus Darkspawn the "Weeble Wars"

Well at a tournament last Saturday I as a Dark Spawn player made Varaug The Great, Khakhan run and cower in fear, not off the board just far far away on the board to the woods <_< not to gloat but I was just proud to make one of the strongest warlords in the game tremble under my might :wow:

Well at a tournament last Saturday I as a Dark Spawn player made Varaug The Great, Khakhan run and cower in fear, not off the board just far far away on the board to the woods <_< not to gloat but I was just proud to make one of the strongest warlords in the game tremble under my might :wow:

Sounds like I need to bring my army over and see if you can make my Varaug run............ Somehow, I just don't see that happening......... :B):

Castlebuilder