Well, first of all, I must say that increasing the cost of the Chevy by 3pts just completely screws up my strategy and now I have to redo my carefully crafted and thoroughly playtested army list all over again.....just kidding! :lol:

Anyway, I'd like to offer a small idea I've come up with (assuming it wasn't in the other thread): field some Spearmen with the Onyx Phalanx as sort of Phalanx Juniors. Rank them up behind the Phalanx to give the Phalanx the full benefit of reach and trencher without wasting expensive Phalanx to do that instead.

Plus, I don't feel so bad making a Spearman "do his duty" for Merack. :;):

Also, has anyone yet tried fielding Count Lorenth with five Onyx Zephyrs? I have all the models now, I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions apart from "don't get killed."

Well, first of all, I must say that increasing the cost of the Chevy by 3pts just completely screws up my strategy and now I have to redo my carefullt crafted and thoroughly playtests army list all over again.....just kidding! :lol:

:B):

And our Warriors became Adepts! All we have are Bondslaves!

Anyway, I'd like to offer a small idea I've come up with (assuming it wasn't in the other thread): field some Spearmen with the Onyx Phalanx as sort of Phalanx Juniors. Rank them up behind the Phalanx to give the Phalanx the full benefit of reach and trencher without wasting expensive Phalanx to do that instead.

Plus, I don't feel so bad making a Spearman "do his duty" fo Merack. :;):

That's not a bad idea, especially if you can keep the Spearmen screened. The Phalanx does get awful expensive.

Also, has anyone yet tried fielding Count Lorenth with five Onyx Zephyrs? I have all the models now, I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions apart from "don't get killed."

I have a plan for Lorenth that will become clear when the Faction book comes out. In the meantime, I'm going to try him with 3 Zephyrs this weekend.

PS

I was going over the data cards, making sure my spreadsheet was correct, and I noticed an odd thing. So I made a list:

The Warmaster

Matisse (W)

Ymilrix (W)

Rogran + Divine Favor (W)

5 warriors

Merack (W)

4 Phalanx

3 Xbows

1 Spearman

Lorenth (W)

Soriel +4 Mov (W)

2 Onyx Zephyrs

Selthak (W)

1497 points

Every model with (W) has SA: Warmaster.

It's only 22 models, so I'm not sure it's a good build, but I'll be giving it a try at some point!

PS

Warmaster is a poweful SA! If you can kill two or three models on defensive strikes, versus one, that's almost like having an extra one or two models in your army!! I think it would definitely been fun to face!

Wild Bill :blues:

Warmaster is a poweful SA! If you can kill two or three models on defensive strikes, versus one, that's almost like having an extra one or two models in your army!! I think it would definitely been fun to face!

I was surprised to see so many of them. You can put them everywhere! And with Do Your Duty, you can keep the big hitters up longer.

PS

I was surprised to see so many of them. You can put them everywhere! And with Do Your Duty, you can keep the big hitters up longer.

PS

What exactly is Warmaster?

PS

Full #MA on Defensive Strikes. Get some sleep already! :lol:

PS

PS

Full #MA on Defensive Strikes. Get some sleep already! :lol:

PS

boy i really am tired. . . maybe it is time to go to sleep. :blush:

sad part is, you had about 3-4 more WM models to choose from. I just finished looking at your list. Man, who doesnt have WM in overlords? that is a lot of power there.

So we played yesterday. jdripley and ladystorm posted up some of their observations in the Axe and Hammer.

I didn't use the Warmaster, since Rogran, Soriel and Selthak aren't assembled yet.

Matisse

Ymilrix

Lola

7 Warriors

Merack

6 Phalanx

5 Xbows

Lorenth

3 Zephyrs

Onyx Chevy

1499 points (1501 game)

Lots of melee might, no magic (which makes me very twitchy...). First round was a streamlined The Haunted Ruins. Half the cavalry and the Onyx Chevy gathered up a good chunk of the clues and escaped, which was good because the Reven were pounding me into the dirt. I couldn't hit and they couldn't miss, and it was near the end of the 3 round before a Reven model left the board. But I got every activation on round 4 before the Reven got a single one, and snuck a win.

The next round was a simple Take and Hold, and I just crushed the Nefsokar. I made up for all my bad rolls in the first round by killing everything in my path in round 2. When time ran out I had 1200 points of models left, and the Nefsokar had around 400. Matisse and Ymilrix double teamed Khufu on the last activation and destroyed him in one round.

Round 3 was a mess. This scenario was The Forgotten Temple, simplified within an inch of its life. I swarmed the temple due to some bad scenario design. I had granted a Ranger move for every victory point in Round 2. Due to my amazing victory in Round 2, my entire army (except the Xbows) had Ranger... erk.

Round 3 was against Ravenwolf's Crypt Legion. Since the temple forced him out towards the center, he was about to lose his totem, his Aysa, and all his archers when the time ran out. It was a pretty ugly scrum in the middle, with most of both of our troops dying. His armored up Gadrun and my Lorenth killed each other, and I think his Deathriders were going to take out my Zephyrs, but neither cavalry really mattered in this battle. They basically fought to no point on one flank.

PS

Storminator, you have some heavy hitters in that list. I like the heavy melee list. Players have a lot of options in Overlords now with the expansion. I have always stayed away from several high point models. I play mostly Nefsokar but my 2nd army is Overlords. Overlords seems to be designed this way using several high point models. That'll take some getting used to but will definitely be fun. Thanks for posting the list.

Storminator, you have some heavy hitters in that list. I like the heavy melee list. Players have a lot of options in Overlords now with the expansion. I have always stayed away from several high point models. I play mostly Nefsokar but my 2nd army is Overlords. Overlords seems to be designed this way using several high point models. That'll take some getting used to but will definitely be fun. Thanks for posting the list.

I was a little surprised at how little I used Lola. She's normally a pretty nasty force, but in this list she used her ranged attack a couple times, and that's about it. With all that melee power I might drop her out and replace her with Kevis and a couple spells.

PS

How do you Olord players hold up against the Darkspawn? Your faction ability (Do Your Duty) is kind of offset by our need to kill off all your weaker units anyway.

How do you Olord players hold up against the Darkspawn? Your faction ability (Do Your Duty) is kind of offset by our need to kill off all your weaker units anyway.

No idea. I've never played against them. I do know I can't bring Bondslaves to that party tho! :lol:

PS

It seems like a bizarre question to ask (and very open ended), but it causes you to think ahead in case that happens... and gives me an idea of how to overcome your solution! >:D

I wasn't sure of what Olords and Necropolis did in those instances where their main grunt is weak and relied on a mob.