It seems like a bizarre question to ask (and very open ended), but it causes you to think ahead in case that happens... and gives me an idea of how to overcome your solution! >:D

I wasn't sure of what Olords and Necropolis did in those instances where their main grunt is weak and relied on a mob.

Up until last week my main grunt was the Warrior. For 5 points more than the Bondslave I get +1 MAV, +1 Dis, and +4 DV. Not much reason to field the slaves. Now there will be.

PS

It seems like a bizarre question to ask (and very open ended), but it causes you to think ahead in case that happens... and gives me an idea of how to overcome your solution! >:D

I wasn't sure of what Olords and Necropolis did in those instances where their main grunt is weak and relied on a mob.

My general idea would be get to your archers and spellcasters before you start filling the Paincage. There are a variety of ways to do that. I can teleport one of my melee nightmares into your guys and let you spend a round or two trading points there, I can send my fast guys running up (Onyx Zephyrs, Chevy, Bile), or I can Lock Shields across the field until my crossbowmen get in range.

Once we get into melee, I think the O'lords have the edge, except for the Paincage, which is vastly superior to my faction abilities (and my FA actually works in your favor... go figure).

I still haven't decided how I'm going to shift around my armies in general to account for the change in Warriors, my new models, and my impending sublists. I'll likely end up with 3 separate armies, since the sublists are going to be so different.

PS

We had a small game the other night 1000 points I had Merick and 10 phalanx in a nice little block that did pretty well, and Lorenth and two zephyrs.

my only disappointment was the zephyrs themselves don't have first strike. But when Lorenth and his two sidekicks caught a unlucky razig out in the open it made for a very quick exchange.

I really wished we had gotten a second damage track on the phalanx to let them at least survive a blow through attack or go up against elves.

an amusing tactic when testing the lock shields ability vs. razig is to lock shields until they are dumb enough to fire on you, then double move the next turn while they are reloading.

I've also been running my blocks in blocks of 4 which gives you all the benefits of lock shields, with one extra to loose just in case and makes you less of a firestorm target.

Mad Pat

I have a plan for Lorenth that will become clear when the Faction book comes out. In the meantime, I'm going to try him with 3 Zephyrs this weekend.

There you go again, all I can guess is that he'll be able to bring Onyx Chevy's to the battlefield as a unit...curse you for constantly getting my hopes of this possibility up. ::D:

There you go again, all I can guess is that he'll be able to bring Onyx Chevy's to the battlefield as a unit...curse you for constantly getting my hopes of this possibility up. ::D:

I noticed that in the Nefsokar book fluff it talks about the Chevys working as a troop. Another clue maybe? Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer.

Castlebuilder

I have a plan for Lorenth that will become clear when the Faction book comes out. In the meantime, I'm going to try him with 3 Zephyrs this weekend.

You think you have it bad? I know what's coming, yet I can't play it... or talk about it... or argh!

:wacko:

PS

If it matters, I did my best to get Michael to add Innate Spell (Firestorm) to Ashkrypt. ::D:

First, he said no.

Then, he said it could happen if the Witch Queen got it, too.

Finally, he said it would only happen if he got a check equal to $1000 per point of the spell (so $75,000 for Firestorm). Sadly, I had ten bucks in my wallet at the time. Anyone want to start a collection? :lol:

So is anyone using the survivors .... i'm afariad to buy them they look like dung on paper. Any input on what they can or cannot do?

Also does anyone know the release date for the o lords book?

So is anyone using the survivors .... i'm afariad to buy them they look like dung on paper. Any input on what they can or cannot do?

Would know since I'm waiting till the faction book comes out for anything now , be it Overlords , Dwarves , etc , so I haven't got any yet . Who knows , they may loose their "Adept" status in one of the sub-lists . :rolleyes:

Would it be possible to get an early look at the list of models that are included in the Onyx Legion sublist? ::): I'm thinking of breaking into Overlords, but only with this sublist since the unofficial buzz is that Matisse will be its warlord and that the warriors will become grunts again. The sooner I know what new models to purchase, the less likely it is that I will come to my senses and decide not to add to the unpainted horde of Warlord minis that I have. ::D:

Would it be possible to get an early look at the list of models that are included in the Onyx Legion sublist? ::): I'm thinking of breaking into Overlords, but only with this sublist since the unofficial buzz is that Matisse will be its warlord and that the warriors will become grunts again. The sooner I know what new models to purchase, the less likely it is that I will come to my senses and decide not to add to the unpainted horde of Warlord minis that I have. ::D:

Considering that there are 4 models with Onyx in their name, I think those are safe bets. ::P:

PS

I have a pile of them in blister, but I haven't got to them yet (Phalanx, Zephyrs, Bile, various new leaders, etc....). I'll give them a try, but on paper I'm not real impressed. To be honest, I don't know how I would have designed them any differently tho.

PS

Yeah, I figure that besides Matisse and the warriors, the Onyx Golem, Chevaliers, Zephyrs, and Phalanx are likely to be be included. Well, those guys and anyone else that has a similar look to the warriors (meaning spearmen, crossbowmen, Corvus, Andras, Lorenth, Ymrilix, and possibly others I'm neglecting at the moment).

To be honest, I don't know how I would have designed them any differently tho.

Concerning the Survivors, I had thought that they were going to be an inexpensive, second-echelon, front-line warrior (Tough/1, MAV 1 or 2, DV 9) similar to the lesser orc warriors, Ivy Crown Skirmishers and Awakened. The pattern up to now was for each faction to have at least three non-breaker infantry melee models with Tough. Survivors break the mold; not only do Overlords have only two of the aforementioned types, they also have two breaker models now, neither with the standard MAV 3 that most breakers get :blink: .

What do you guys do with your crossbowmen. Do you mount the shield on the base with the mini or keep it seperate?

What do you guys do with your crossbowmen. Do you mount the shield on the base with the mini or keep it seperate?

It's a very tight fit, isn't it. I ended up gluing some of mine onto the outside edge of the base.

Castlebuilder

I found they abscured the mini , so I left them off . <_<

Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards. It's too bad because those shields are cool.

Hehe just occured to me that ofcourse they obscure the mini. I mean they're shields. It's their purpose.