Any word on that faction book? I am dying to see the new stuff for Overlords. Did GenCon folks get a peek?

Nope, no peeks for the GenCon folks ::(: I'm rather anxious to see the book myself. I need to start another faction........ <_<

Castlebuilder

Any word on that faction book? I am dying to see the new stuff for Overlords. Did GenCon folks get a peek?

Nope, no peeks for the GenCon folks ::(: I'm rather anxious to see the book myself. I need to start another faction........ <_<

Castlebuilder

I have it started. I have all the "core" figs a couple from the expansion. I am waiting to see which of the expansion models to buy based off of the sublists, new abilities, ...

Am I out of the loop, or is this new?

http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/Previews/25007front

http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/Previews/25007back

There it is in writing Folks, 2 sub-factions!!! Whooo Hoooo

The info that there is going to be two sublists and the new Cleric magic for Overlords has been out for a while. I think those pics of the front and back of the book have been available for a little less than a month. I look at those pics and salivate everyday wondering when I'll have it in my hands ... sweeeeeeet faction book.

No post here is almost a month. My Overlord models are getting cold and stiff sitting in trays. I don't think we are going to see the book in Aug/Sept :poke: as indicated by the previews.

Yeah, and that sucks too. I just can't bring myself to buy anymore of the Overlord models until I see what Matisse's sublist is going to look like. Can't spend money like I used too... :down:

Had an exceptionally enjoyable game today using the Overlord in a 1500 point tussle with Hellsgate . (even though I lost ) My one big disappointment was the ineffectiveness of Xalior and rolling some "1s" at the most inappropriate times .

Personally , I'm not impressed with Xalior when for 17 points less I can get another Onyx Golem into the list . Anyone have some positive comments about him or tactics that they have found successful ?

I haven't played with Xailor, but from a stats prospective I favor the Golem. Xailor has more SA that are beneficial like Warmaster and Horrid. The Golem takes his time getting into melee with a Mov 4, but when he arrives, he opens up a can. The Golem is a TANK with 5 dmg tracks and Dv 12 + Deflect. If you are into sculpts, Xailor is really cool. I can't wait to read the fluff on the half-ogre. One big difference is the Onyx Golem is not a beast. Add a 15pt magic item and them compare them at the same point cost.

I don't like to get into those "I would NEVER use that mini" discussions because I think the models can shine in various situations. In a fight the Golem gets my vote.

I thought the GOlem is on the 'Non-Unique' in a pure faction list.

I'd suggest Xailor needs to rely on his special abilities, and probably really needs to be supported to make himself effective. He'd be very appealing if he was a Hero, but as a Solo supporting him will likely require a fair bot of finesse. He is a cool enough sculpt I'll play with him anyway...I still bring my Hill GIant to the field and he nearly always falls flat on his face!!!