Port Gangrel (1.2)

Has anyone heard if another street thug model will be made available? I plan on tyring a character heavy 1,000 hanged army but I need lots of street thugs. I think one more is all thats really needed. Also, will Blackreef's Pirates be available as grunts in an all-Hanged Men army? Thanks.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about the Hanged Men faction with a friend today and thought up the following special army ability. What do you think?

"The Hanged Men are cultists, killers, and otherwise disreputable people. Good and Neutral aligned armies will not accept models fromt he Hanged men faction into their ranks. Likewise, no Good or Neutral aligned models will ally with a Hanged Men army. Furthermore, Hanged Men armies are nothing more than an organized mob. Although their lust for battle is high, they lack coordination. It isn't until the enemy is in sight that the Hanged Men overcome thier disadvantage. Because of the combustible, impetuous nature of their trooops, the Hanged Men always lose the initiative on the first turn of the game as they are milling around or fighting amongst themselves. However, the Hanged Men automatically gain the initiative on the second turn of the game, in response to the aggressive actions of their enemies. To replicate this on the battlefield, on the first turn of the game, take one of the enemy initiative cards and place it face up on the table. Shuffle the rest of the cards into the initiative deck. Play as though the enemy's card was the fist to be turned over. Repeat this process using a Hanged Men's card during the second turn. Play proceedes as normal on the third and subsequent turns. This represents the Hanged Men's leader regaining some control over the mobs and the calming of their initial combat frenzy.

Okay, I generally find that the first turn of the game isn't as important as the second turn, so giving up initiative isn't that big of a deal. Gaining the initiative on the second turns could be a big deal so I thought adding the rule about neutral allies balanced it out a little bit. Initiative become critical as you go deeper into the game and I felt any manipulation of the initiative deck at that point was too overpowering.

Just and idea. ::):

Hi,

I thought they weren't going to put out faction specific books anymore, but that may just be a rumor. I don't know for sure.

I played with the beginnings of my Hanged Men army yesterday. I was impressed with Blackreef's pirates and the Street Thugs. They are pretty solid core troops. I don't know what the "gun" ability is, but a friend told me that it meant models with this trait may only fire every other turn. I wasn't going to use the cultist models, but now I can see how they would be useful. I'm not including dark dwarves because they don't really fit my interpretation of the army. I like the models though. I think they would work well as an attchment to the Darkspawn list or perhaps be a list of their own. I think what this force really needs is alternate models. I plan on having about 30 grunts/adepts in my 1,500 point army and i don't want to have 20 of the same street thug model. I would like to see some type of monster or solo for this list. I think a dashing highwayman would be cool...or maybe some type of massive flesh golem made from the bodies of hanged men. You never know what Jos Geblar has been up to. Considering the cult angle, maybe some type of summoned demon could be an option, but the other two options seems more in character of my army. I think this is a neat army! :)

Gun basically means they can make their Ranged attack, but then the Weapon is considered Unloaded. In order to Reload, they must Invoke Special Ability (Combat Action) in order to Reload the Weapon. You begin Play with a Loaded weapon.

Use a token to keep track of Loaded or Unloaded.

You can find the details in the Razig's Revenge pdf on Reapergames.

I like the new Hanged men, especially how each grunt/minion has a specific leader. I was trying to figure out what exactly the Warlord is? A Northern Barbarian or something? Do you think he'll get little mini me's like the others?

I have a few Hanged but have never played them. I guess until they get some faction abilities I'll lead them with Orba to get the faction abilities and add in Tallis or Corm for healer/clerics.

Has anyone had any luck with them?

Since mercs have next to nothing across the board in the way of solo's I was thinking of using Change of heart for a solo or an elite. Any ideas? I was thinking of Gauntfield, just because I like scarecrows. Is Aysa's Undying Host a unique spell or can I take Aysa and use it? Maybe a river troll if points are tight.

Undying Host isn't Necro only, it's a higher CP for non necro mages though. Ashkrypt could take it if he so chose. So if you took Change of Heart to take Aysa, you'd have full access to her Innate Undying Host.

Anyone have any intel on how much more stuff Sinhan has coming? The old lady's building up a Sisters company and I've got to keep up. I'm liking Sinhan more and more lately, just want to know what to expect before I really get into building.

I'd consider dropping the Hold on Olivia, add a couple Bandages and move her to Callindra's troop where Bless will be more effective with Archers.

Your Shadowsisters already have Assassin, so Holding an opponent won't really help in Melee Combat, since if you're attacking wisely, you're hitting the Enemy Rear base.

You're better off, if you keep it, using it with Ranged attacks since it lowers the Target's DV vs Ranged combat. Honestly, though, if you're using Bless, you have a better chance of success casting it on your own troops than attempting to cast an attack spell on an Enemy Model.

Olivia has Healer, but a few bandages do not hurt so you can heal from a distance, instead of being in b2b. All your Soldier Sisters have Tough/1 so if an opponent Stuns one, you can reach out and bring her back.

Okay, so something like this?

Looks good.

Unless you really want the extra Initiative Card, you might also consider dropping Marda and move the Bladesisters into Callindra's troop to protect Olivia and the Archers. Use the points to add another Shadow Sister to Kassie's troop. You'd need to find another 2 points, so you could drop Kassie's IP to LMA and then have 3 points extra. this depends more on whether you prefer Initiative cards or larger troops to act in concert.

Okay, so something like this?

Callindra [180]

Bowsister x4 [124]

Olivia (Bless x2, Bandage x2) [90]

Kassandra (Improved Protection) [98]

Shadowsister x3 [117]

Marda [37]

Bladesister x4 [104]

Not a bad build and Callindra can literally mop up especially with Olivia right there to heal any damage. I also think Kassandra and her Shadowsisters are worth their weight in gold. They may be expensive but you can wipe out a troop in a hurry with them. I have yet to lose when using my Sisters army (watch, I'll get completely annihilated the next time I play just because I said that).

Here's something else to think about as well, swap out Callindra for Nicole [94] and Bowsister x2 [62], then lose one bless [-5] and add one more Bladesister [26] to Marda's group for a total of 747pts. That'd give you 3 additional troops [18], an extra initiative card [4], and a little melee protection for your archers (not much, but a little).

Also, remember models with the Healer SA make great pin-cushions so that's one more reason to have Olivia hang back with the bowsisters. You can then use the bandages on the shadowsisters and bladesisters at range (or on Olivia herself since she can't heal herself with the Healer SA) and use the Healer SA on the bowsisters.