• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Fearless model never retreats .There are 2 circumstances where even an undead model can become shaken and 2 shaken tokens means the model is out of the game , Fearless prevent that . Failure to make the Dis roll for breaking b2b , will cause a shaken counter . Also the Crusader spell , "Holy Light" will cause a shaken counter to be placed on a model .

I am a little concerned with the Razig Revenge faction as it stands now. For the most part I agree that the soulcannon needed to be nerfed, and I believe the increased point value and gun SA are fair, but now is there any point of playing Razig as a faction and not freelance? With only 14 models in its roster, Razig lies on the lines of a sublist which should give it some fairly powerful abilities(like the Khamsin or Tomukh) and previous to the 1.2 datacards, his special faction ability was getting soulcannons at increadible bargins. As the soulcannon is now fairly priced, this is less of a special ability and more of a move from unique to non-unique(I haven't heard too many elf players bragging that their faction special ability is taking centaurs). In addition to this, his other abilities seem to the Razig player's detriment.

"I'm going and thats that"-forces the Razig player to use his Warlord even in small point games

"Thats the scurvy dog wit me treasure!"-While this can give double victory points if you can kill the dog, your opponent gets to choose which model he is going to hide behind a building at the other end of the table until time runs out and you lose double his points.

"Thar's an imposter boys, let's kill 'im!"-a clarification on scurvy dogs in Razig vs Razig games.

"Guns! Bring up the Guns!"-allows the soulcannon to be feilded as a non-unique solo or elite (as mentioned above, severly less powerful an ability than before)

"Oh no lad, hate sustains me!"-forces Razig to ressurect, at the cost of his army, if he dies and the scurvy dog is still in play. another ability that benifits the oponent and his choice of dog.

I like alot of the fluff that goes with the abilities, stratigically I just don't see the benifit of limiting my selection of models to the 14 Razig ones, facing all the scurvy dog issues, and being forced to take a warlord in small games beeing a trade off for feilding multiples of a decent, but no longer particularly game dominating model.

Well thats my rant, any thoughts on ways to fix Razig (my favorite right now is is something along the line of "Expert Loaders"-Razig models may Invoke Special Ability:Load Weapon as a non-combat action) or am I just crazy and Razig is fine as it is?

I am a little concerned with the Razig Revenge faction as it stands now. For the most part I agree that the soulcannon needed to be nerfed, and I believe the increased point value and gun SA are fair, but now is there any point of playing Razig as a faction and not freelance? With only 14 models in its roster, Razig lies on the lines of a sublist which should give it some fairly powerful abilities(like the Khamsin or Tomukh) and previous to the 1.2 datacards, his special faction ability was getting soulcannons at increadible bargins. As the soulcannon is now fairly priced, this is less of a special ability and more of a move from unique to non-unique(I haven't heard too many elf players bragging that their faction special ability is taking centaurs). In addition to this, his other abilities seem to the Razig player's detriment.

"I'm going and thats that"-forces the Razig player to use his Warlord even in small point games

"Thats the scurvy dog wit me treasure!"-While this can give double victory points if you can kill the dog, your opponent gets to choose which model he is going to hide behind a building at the other end of the table until time runs out and you lose double his points.

"Thar's an imposter boys, let's kill 'im!"-a clarification on scurvy dogs in Razig vs Razig games.

"Guns! Bring up the Guns!"-allows the soulcannon to be feilded as a non-unique solo or elite (as mentioned above, severly less powerful an ability than before)

"Oh no lad, hate sustains me!"-forces Razig to ressurect, at the cost of his army, if he dies and the scurvy dog is still in play. another ability that benifits the oponent and his choice of dog.

I like alot of the fluff that goes with the abilities, stratigically I just don't see the benifit of limiting my selection of models to the 14 Razig ones, facing all the scurvy dog issues, and being forced to take a warlord in small games beeing a trade off for feilding multiples of a decent, but no longer particularly game dominating model.

Well thats my rant, any thoughts on ways to fix Razig (my favorite right now is is something along the line of "Expert Loaders"-Razig models may Invoke Special Ability:Load Weapon as a non-combat action) or am I just crazy and Razig is fine as it is?

While my primary army is Dwarves, I also own a Razig army. I have at least 8 of every grunt model in his army, 3 Soul Cannons, The Dark Maiden, and all of the rest of the characters. I have not had an issue with the "variety" of models in the Razig army. Maybe that's because I'm used to playing Dwarves, who are the same? :rock:

The "I'm Going" rule is very annoying. Now, this is just a house rule, but since I am the resident Black Lightning at my store, I declared that for 750 point games and smaller you may choose NOT to field Razig if you so desire. Essentially, my take on it was that Razig was sending a scouting party (hence, the small force) to determine if that Scurvy Dog was running around. If the Scurvy Dog was there, then Razig himself would lead the bulk of his force at a later time to recover his treasure. It sounded good to the guys here. ::):

Yes, the Scurvy Dog rule is a pain, especially in a tournament setting. If you are playing in a friendly game, most of the time there will not be a time limit so the Scurvy Dog has no effect. I have actually played against an Elf player once that actually did the opposite you described! He ran the Scurvy Dog straight towards me, essentially wanting it killed off. He had picked a lowly sgt so the points were minimal. That way the "Hate Sustains Me" now no longer applies. That can actually suck since Razig does not have Tough and relies on that rule to stick around.

Ranzadule was the only player I had heard of that took an obscene amount of Soul Cannons in an army. Every one else I talked to usually never took more than 3, maybe 5. Ranz would field like 10! :blink:

I think the Razig army is still a very viable army. I have played it a couple of times since the switch to 1.2 Data Cards and have done fairly well. ::):

Wild Bill :blues:

I've played a few games since the 1.2 card change now and I have to say, I agree with you completely, LTurner.

Nothing will stop me from fielding the Crew, because I love the models and fluff, but when we're to play against a faction like Darkspawn, where Pain Cage is helping them stay alive constantly; Nefsokar, where are magic is now limited; or Dwarves, where the crewmen and leaders are going to lose their tough; it is a hard fought battle.

I love the things that they force on a Razig Faction, all of them add alot of life to faction. But none of them are are to our advantage.

I actually had a conversation about, "Oh no lad, hate sustains me!", and how it is a horrible ability. It's exactly the oppisite of Pain Cage for Darkspawn.

Pain Cage you kill enemy models, to keep a cheap model of your choice alive after he has fallen.

Razig sacrifices his own models, starting with the strongest ones, to only bring himself back to life.

Does anyone have a good idea for an army that includes maxing troops and using the Zombies as Mobs?

Do you mean a maximum number of troops, or a maximum number IN the troop(s)? ::):

I have used a 1,000 point army that only has two troops, but I was using mob.

Razig + Divine Favor

8 Bone Marines

2 Soul Cannons

Clarissa + Lesser Magical Empowerment + 2 Ice Shards

4 Zombie Recruits

Musician

Soul Cannon solo

Total: 1,000 pts

Before the 1.2 changes, I had a different configuration because the Soul Cannons were cheaper. I had dumped a Zombie and taken a Totem of Battle. As you can see, I don't have it in this version. However, I played against the Elves and did quite well with only 2 troops. ::):

Wild Bill :blues:

Does anyone have a good idea for an army that includes maxing troops and using the Zombies as Mobs?

I have never played this army list before, but I am looking to give it a try.

229 Razig

63 Black Tom

150 Soul Cannon x2

132 Bone Marine x4

384 Zombie Recruit x12

15 Musician

15 Lesser magic wpn

10 Divine favor

998 total

My razig army kinda sucks, but i'm new to this as well.

All i have are:

4x bone marines

4x soulcannon

1x razig

1x dark maiden

8x skeletal crewmen

1x Jackie bones

1x mister blood

1x clarissa

2x zombie recruits

Can i do anything useful with this lineup?

p.s. the soulcannon changes really have made me rethink my strategy.. as in i think we're kinda weak now. maybe i just suck lol

My razig army kinda sucks, but i'm new to this as well.

All i have are:

4x bone marines

4x soulcannon

1x razig

1x dark maiden

8x skeletal crewmen

1x Jackie bones

1x mister blood

1x clarissa

2x zombie recruits

Can i do anything useful with this lineup?

p.s. the soulcannon changes really have made me rethink my strategy.. as in i think we're kinda weak now. maybe i just suck lol

That's not a bad start, you're a little heavy on the soul cannon. I won't make any lists using your models but you have plenty of grunts to make a usable and practicle army. Mix in the Soul Cannons as elites/solos and you have pretty diverse little army.

I would suggest picking up some more Bone Marines and some Harpooners. Probably 2 more blisters of Marines, and 2 packs of Harpooners.

Welcome aboard!