Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reptus Discussion

ep my dwarves got some nice lizard hide boots, belts, plus purses for the Shieldmaidens that day.

you actually have any of those chicas left alive?

ep my dwarves got some nice lizard hide boots, belts, plus purses for the Shieldmaidens that day.

you actually have any of those chicas left alive?

Yes I did, ::P: unfortunatly we had to do a raise dead on Freya though ::(:

Hey dwarves are not as hard to kill as one might think. Unfortunatly the reptus are pretty tough to kill as well despite the fact that they actually make a nice pair of boots.

I hadn't lost to the dwarves, until shadowhunter came along.

he makes reeeeeeeeeaaaallly good use of those crossbowmen, as well as other nifty stuff like hold spells. So far, I haven't beat him yet.

I hadn't lost to the dwarves, until shadowhunter came along.

he makes reeeeeeeeeaaaallly good use of those crossbowmen, as well as other nifty stuff like hold spells. So far, I haven't beat him yet.

Just to make things easier for you here is the list I will most likly use Thursday unless I drop the Griffon to add in more Piercers and Shieldmaidens.

1000 Pts - Dwarves Company - Aizen's Hammer

Fulumbar Ironhammer (7#, 305 Pts)

1 Fulumbar Ironhammer, Clan Eldar

Bloodlust/2; Deflect; Fearless; Tough/3; Trencher

1 Ivar Silverfist, Priest

Cleric 2/6; Deflect; Fearless; Holy; Trencher

40 points in spells

5 Dwarf Piercer

Volley

Freya Fangbreaker (6#, 227 Pts)

1 Freya Fangbreaker, Shieldmaiden

Deflect; Fearless; Tough/2; Trencher; Warmaster

1 Lesser Magic Armor

5 Shieldmaidens

Deflect; Tough/1; Trencher

1 Troop Musician

Gargram Heavyhand (7#, 181 Pts)

1 Gargram Heavyhand

Bloodlust/2; Deflect; Tough/2; Trencher

6 Dwarf Swiftaxe

Breaker; Runner/2

1 Troop Musician

Thorvald Clawhelm (1#, 118 Pts)

1 Thorvald Clawhelm, Bear Rider

Shock; Deflect; Horrid; Mounted; Reach; Tough/3; Warmaster

1 Improved Protection

Griffon (1#, 168 Pts)

1 Griffon

Shock; Beast; Flyer; Ranger; Tough/2; Warmaster

Total Company Cost: 999

I am not able to. The mage and the archers are in the same troop, so it is a 1-2 punch; the second

punch (archers) doesn't happen unless the first punch (mage) lands successfully.

Rich

Fair enough, like I said your opponent has found an army that counters your Trolls. It looks like you feel that fighting this particular army, your Trolls are a waste of point. THis could be the case as nearly everything can be countered in a given build. I would suggest leaving the Trolls behind for a game or two, and coming back with an army centered around using as many Trolls as possible. It might take your opponent of guard and 1000 points with 4-5 Trolls means you might lose 1 or 2 as you tromp across the field, but your opponent is going to have to have alot of points tied up into archers and Mages to have them all not make a real difference.

What army is your opponent playing, how big are his archer units? How many Mages does he field, what size games are we talking about. We need to know this sort of thing to be constructive.

Welp, I got 'em. The lizards had dwarf burgers for lunch. The game ended with 2 shieldmaidens vs. 4 archers, 2 breakers, 1 warrior, Audt, and Uru. It was a 4x4 table witha large hill covering most of it. There was a tower at the top of the hill and a pair of smaller buildins towards the base. My side of the table had some woods while shadowhunter's had a pair of downed columns which we counted as walls. In the first turn I managed to get up behind the large building where those pesky crossbows couldn't shoot me. On turn number two I blasted his warriors with a firestorm, but managed to roll 1s on three out of seven dicesz. This was particularly bad as I only needed to roll 2s to hit em. On the next turn the melee closed and the dice gods were with me, not to mention that I had gotten up on the bowmen relatively unscathed. My archers only hit 3 targets the entire game, and I had between 30 and 40 shots. But the trolls performance made up for that. Uru and one of his bros dropped two bears. Overall a fun game with a fair bit of luck on my side.

thanks for the good game shadowhunter.

Yeah, I could complain that my dice were cold rolling all those low numbers, or that this was the first time I’ve played on a 4’x4’ table and say things were too close. However, to be honest, I just plain made some bad choices while you made some good ones. I moved my xbowmen up too close at first thinking I could get into that building on top of the hill and use the upper floors to my advantage but I misjudged the closure rate and so basically handed them to you. I have to say after that fight I think I’d rather have a bear and the Griffon rather than two bears. I also think I’d rather have the mage than the cleric which ice shards could have started Uru towards his downfall. You played a good game and took advantage of my mistakes but that ok, the dwarves will get their revenge. So until next time when the Dwarf Reptus wars continue you can go soak yourself in some swamp muck. ::P:

So, last night I decided to see if I could prove that the Reptus army SAs were really of no major consequence during a standard game. I also wanted to try a little experiment at the same time, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I took a Reptus force that was pure except for one model: Leisynn. The battle was 1000 points, and my troops looked like this:

Troop 1

Chai-Uut w/Divine Favor

Ssudai w/Fireball, Ice Shard

Warriors x6

Clutchlings x3

Troop 2

Chai-Uut

Leisynn w/Fireball, Ice Shard

Warriors x5

Cluthclings x2

Troop 3

River Troll

Trool 4

Uru

My opponent used O'lords, with a list something like this...

Troop 1

Andras w/Divine Favor

Balthon w/Bless x?, Bandage x?

Rogran

Warriors x4

Spearmen x3

Bondslaves x2

Troop 2

Iks

Warriors x4

Spearmen x3

Bondslaves x4

Troop 3

Onyx Chevy

Troop 4

Onyx Chevy

This was my first time facing O'lords (since my initial demo game against them long ago), and it was Erick's first time running his O'lord force. I made a couple of tactical mistakes early on in the fight, underestimating the ability of the Chevys to close the gap; Ssudai paid the price and never cast a spell. Leisynn fared slightly better, getting off both of his spells before being taken out by the other Chevy, but his rolls were terrible on the fireball, and his spells amounted to only a single warrior kill, and the expenditure of one of Balthon's bandages. From there I got my tactics back on track, but my dice failed me in the most brilliant of manners; I had one Chevy surrounded with 4 attacks at better than 50-50 odds of hitting, and came up empty.

Despite coming up empty with my dice for much of the (VERY) long fight, it came down to four models at the end; two of his warriors vs. a warrior and a clutchling on my side. Aura of Jade Thorns might have helped in this situation, but not likely, as Erick was getting the edge in activations at the end.

Conclusion: undecided. If I hadn't given up the faction ability, it might've helped keep a couple of models around long enough to give me a numbers advantage at the end. Then again, not having sucky die rolls would have made a difference too. I'll try the list again at some point, just for grins.

~v

I play pure Reptus everytime I field them. We don't play many bounty games here so I don't use Feed the Young at all. I've played about.. 50-100 games with the Reptus, and I have used Aura of Jade twice. It was useful one of those times. So personally, I think of Reptus as having no faction abilities.

I play pure Reptus everytime I field them. We don't play many bounty games here so I don't use Feed the Young at all. I've played about.. 50-100 games with the Reptus, and I have used Aura of Jade twice. It was useful one of those times. So personally, I think of Reptus as having no faction abilities.

I agree completely i only hope our book gives us some better Faction Ablities. Does anyone have a guess at what they might be?

Ok, per a request, here's the totem I'm currently using with my Reptus. The hardest part was finding a figure that would fit nicely on a 50mm base. After severals days of searching, and being in dire need of one for the RCon tournament, I finally lucked into this figurine in a tiny little shop along Harwin (for those that live in Houston, you'll understand exactly what that means). It was part of a chinese zodiac set, but the guy there was kind enough to pull just the one fig for me. I brought it home, mounted it to the 50mm base, added some gravel and flock... done!

~v

TOTEM1.JPGTOTEM2.JPGTOTEM3.JPG