Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reptus Discussion

Time to check out the new datacards at WarlordHQ. The Khonger just got more expensive as did Nai. Uru is a bit cheaper and a few others went up or down a point. Got to refigure those lists.

Or sit them aside until the faction book comes out :down:

OK, here is a COMPLETE list of all changes from the core rulebook to the new datacards:

Khong-To:

Gain 3 points from 251 to 254

Chai-Uut:

Drop 4 points from 77 to 73

Audt:

Drop 1 point from 44 to 43

+1 DV on 1st track

+1 DV on 2nd track

Lose 'Breaker' special ability

Gain 'Deflect' special ability

Nai-Khanon:

Gain 9 points from 160 to 169

Ra'am:

Gain 6 points from 53 to 59

Reptus Warriors:

Change from Grunt to Adept

Reptus Longstrikers:

Gain 1 point from 24 to 25

+1 MAV

Cluthclings:

Gain 1 point from 20 to 21

Uru, River Troll Chief:

Drop 5 points from 71 to 66

-1 DIS on 2nd track

Change from Monster to Solitaire

Krungbeast:

Gain 1 point from 185 to 186

Still think its wrong for our warriors to get changed before we have any other decent options.

Sorry, but a more expensive breaker with DV9 and even more expensive longstrike with DV9 are not optionsin my opinion.

I might have to set my reptus aside until some options come out.

Wow, that list looks very familiar... I was posting it in chat about an hour ago as I updated my personal spreadsheet, talking with OS. Glad someone posted it here as well for everyone to see at a glance.

Also, Clutchlings became 1 point more expensive.

~v

Man, This stinks in a HUUUGE way. Our main dudes are now adeptified. O well, I'm sure there was a good reason (I'd just like to know what it is ::D: ). And all our cuisinarts got more expensive. Whats up with that? Guess this means I'm takin those extra warriors off of my purchase list.

Clutchlings became 1 point more expensive.

Yep, Gus, you missed one.

And I have to say the Longstrikes still suck. When the dwarves have a MAV2 reach model for 18 points, it royally sucks to have what amounts tothe same exact model but have it cost 7 points more. Really only a +1 DV for 7 points. Yes, there are otherstuff, but that is what it comes down to.

What good does 360 do for someone whose job it is to stand in the back of the line anyway? And is 360 really worth 5 points (allowing 2 points for the DV point)?

And its even more frustrating since they are such cool looking sculpts.

If the longs strikes had droped a point with the 360 and MAV 2 than i might of consider them, i agrea that there still not worth the points the only thing that's made them more viable overall it that the core of EVERY Reptus player's army has become Adept, something that without the flexablility of other choises is down right wrong (we are even given 9 of them in our starterbox) well that's all from me till i actuly have a good look.

Clutchlings became 1 point more expensive.

Yep, Gus, you missed one.

Well technically I didn't. Clutchlings are not in the core rulebook, so they did not make my list, which specifies that it is a list of all changes to the core rulebook. ::P:

However, I edited my original post to show the clutchling change, for completeness reasons. ::):

For folks upset by the change in Reptus Warriors, Emmel just chimed in on the v1.2 Data Card comment thread:

For models that have changed to Adept before their book comes out, I would (and will) use a version of the Crimson Guard rule.

I was going to call it Reptus Warrior Guard, but yeah it works the same. In a troop led by Khong-To, the warriors dont count towards the Adept limit. This will be included in the pdf, when I get them up.

Yay! Now I can drag my 254 point warlord along to gain a handful of extra warriors... and still have no decent supporting warrior to fill out the rest of the faction's troops.

</sarcasm>

I'm not impressed.

~v

Yay! Now I can drag my 254 point warlord along to gain a handful of extra warriors... and still have no decent supporting warrior to fill out the rest of the faction's troops.

</sarcasm>

I'm not impressed.

~v

Ditto, to be honest, I have never played with the Khong. He looks fun, but I like to win games. And in the game of Warlord, its more important to take numbers than power, or atleast when the power costs more than say 150 points.

</sarcasm>

I'm not impressed.

~v

You've been playing long enough that your games should be 1501+. It's not called Unique Sergeant. And your Breakers are better than half the warriors in the game.

I'm not sympathetic.

PS

Thank you for that evaluation of what I should and shouldn't be doing. I happen to enjoy smaller-point games for their faster resolution... and just because my turns move quickly does not necessarily mean that my opponent's do as well. You can disagree with my opinion all you like, but please keep the personal comments out of it. Otherwise, the next time you feel obliged to offer your opinion on what I should be doing, I'll recommend what I think you should be doing in return, and I'd much rather not do that.

And I'll kindly disagree with your assesment of Reptus breakers versus other army's warriors, point value-for-point value. They are slow and defensively weak; with the neutering of the warriors to adepts, hordes of slow DV 9 Breakers aren't going to win games. Take a look at the secondary warriors in any number of factions, and you'll find the the Reptus Breakers are 2nd rate to them... good specific examples would be Ivy Crown Skirmishers, Dwarf Warriors, Awakened, and Lesser Orc Warriors. All better bang-for-the-points than Breakers, and all Grunts rather than Adepts.

I won't even start in on the whole "I've got to buy new models now" part of this.

It's nice that the olive branch of a 2nd troop under Khong has been presented as an option, but the move was still premature in my opinion. This won't stop me from playing Reptus, nor will it turn me away from the Warlord game... just yet. But the shine is certainly off the penny.

YMMV

~v

</sarcasm>

I'm not impressed.

~v

You've been playing long enough that your games should be 1501+. It's not called Unique Sergeant. And your Breakers are better than half the warriors in the game.

I'm not sympathetic.

PS

I don't think that experience in play dictates the point value of a game.