Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reptus Discussion

Is that double support thing legal?!?!? It smells of cheese, but what a great trick! I take back anything bad I said about longstrikers!

And yeah, grunt mixing will be a must I think. 3 Warriors, 3 longstrikers, and 3 breakers per full troop will be nasty.

It came up once before, with Bull Orc Hunters, which can't do it quite as well (no 360). The general consensus was it's cheesy as heck, but probably not illegal.

When Lanse tried to do it at ReaperCon he was in fear of lynching before he backed down. ;)

PS

the longstriker fluff makes them out to be super elite agile "war dancers". Although the back to back thing is cheesy ( I won't be trying it most likely ), it may be valid in this situation. overall i have found that i would rather take more breakers/warriors instead of long strikers because the reach just doesn't seem to feel as mean as a +2 to defense or attack. I'd like to use a ratio of 2 breakers : 2 warriors : 1 longstriker.

OK, gonna do what every other new/bad player on the board does. Post my idea of an army list and ask you guys to critique it.

1,000 Points

Troop 1

Khong-To ....................... 251

Divine Favor ....................... 10

T'Kay.................... 51

lesser magical empowerment ...................... 15

3 bandages...................... 30

4 breakers ....................... 96

3 warriors ...................... 69

2 spearmen ............... 48

Troop 2

Chai-Uut ..................... 77

3 Breakers ...................... 72

2 warriors ........................ 69

Troop 3

Audt ........................ 44

4 Archers .................... 164

Total ..............................................996

tell me what you think, all advice is welcome. I plan on making another warlordless list so that will probably end up here as well.

Will someone PLEASE check my addition, already found 1 mistake and had to revise the list.

i wish i did, trogdar.

here is how double support / 360 reach works.

you cannot legally strike in two directions if you have one attack value, and you can't support that way either.

you can tag team 2 spear support bonuses on one guy, they just can't support anyone else.

if you are surrounded by friendly warriors, you can chose who to support even if you front guys have been engaged.

but the real thing is...you can't get stabbed in the back.

360 is better in a hero.

Any way, back on topic.

Can't anyone offer some advice for my list or is it just perfect beyond compare or criticism?

Come on all you Old-Fogie Generals. I want some advice, NOT STRONGBAD CARTOONS!!!!

::D:

Well Moosey as you know I ai'nt no lizard, but I did own some Reptus for about 3 hours before I sold em to Matsumoto.

Your list looks good. One thing I might change is to put a meat shield with your archers. If you were to include some blockers you could put them in front of your archers. When their troop is activated move them out of the way with their first move, do your shooting then put the meat shield back in place. Maybe get rid of Audt and put the archers with Chai-Uut and then tool up Khong To with a Lesser wpn and lesser armor and give Chai-Uut some armor as well....just my thoughts scaly one!! ::D:

I'd shift your archers into a troop with your cleric - with your Capt instead of a Sgt and add a few Blesses into the mix. Use your cleric to either Bless the archers, or drop Bandages into battle as needed. Your archers are fairly potent. Make good use of them.

Khong is a wrecking machine, but your Capt isn't too shabby either. I'd swap Khong out for the Capt and more models, Uru for starters and some more warriors. For 1000 points, 250 points for a model is pretty steep. With all the support bonuses, more troops can be as effective.

Sergei Posted on Aug 28 2005, 12:15 PM

No no no, the Reptus do not burninate the counrty side!!!

....We have yet to really see.

i've noted that Warlords are expensive, but know how to hit. if you take them, you will most likely need to bring a compensation in numbers. otherwise, they die by swarm.

what you need is balance of power....combined arms, dude.

be unafraid to take:

Captain, with 2 breakers, 3 warriors, and 2 archers.

a mix can do your army good.