Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reptus Discussion

i've noted that Warlords are expensive, but know how to hit. if you take them, you will most likely need to bring a compensation in numbers. otherwise, they die by swarm.

what you need is balance of power....combined arms, dude.

be unafraid to take:

Captain, with 2 breakers, 3 warriors, and 2 archers.

a mix can do your army good.

Since if you take 2 Reptus Archers with Khong-to, you can't take more archers in any other Troops, I would actually recommend taking a troop with 6-9 archers, and scattering them at set up across the entire rear-edge of the table, but not right against the edge (maybe 6-12" in, if deployment allows). This way one archer or more can realistically see anything, although whether it is range may be a factor. You lost the ability to volley, and you sacrifice some cohesion, but It should work better than just 2 archers beside Khonggy.

Ok folks, Good News.

My Lizards aren't cursed, they can win, by a lot.

Our group is going to be running a warlord demo at the NC state games day so we were testing out the scenario. We are using 2 troop 500 point armies (required 1 captain and 1 elite). Not only did the Leezards complete their objective but they stole the objectives from the dwarves and the vampires and ran away with them just for spite.

I finished the game with 174 points left on the board, nothing left for the vamps, and just a spell-less last track cleric and a spearman for the dwizarves.

Hopefully The lizards can make it a streak this saturday when there should hopefully be at least eight players

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just out of curiousity is there any chance of getting a more than 2 player system on the battle reports. I have won several games of this type, but seem to lose consistently (to lostpict) in one on one situations.

Just out of curiousity is there any chance of getting a more than 2 player system on the battle reports. I have won several games of this type, but seem to lose consistently (to lostpict) in one on one situations.

You can still report the battle. Just have the loser be either of the other two participants. Before the game is started, decide who will be considered the defeated party - 2nd or 3rd place. Report as you were the victor, since you were, and in the description you can add a bit about the fact that it was a 3 way dance.

If you're in a 4 way, 5 way, etc etc, there is still a victor. The victor would be the one to submit the report. Just choose who would be the one to be considered the losing party. Since losses don't effect points, it doesn't really matter who it is.

They're working on a mechanic for multi player games, and there were some suggestions made back in like May about possibilities. I'd say it'll be out Soon but I fear a lynch mob if I said that... It will be ready at a date to be determined in the future. :poke:

Prime example, we were in a 5 way 1000 point each battle on Tuesday night. We had to stop because it was quarter til 11 and the store closed at 11. We counted up points and one of the elven players won. She will be submitting the report. I came in second, so I'm taking the loss. Again, any of the other 3 players could have taken the loss. Not a big deal.

W/L record really isn't all that important. It's all about bragging rights. You don't suddenly become a worse player because you have one more loss on your record. Nor do you suddenly become a god of Warlord because you get a victory.

Our group is going to be running a warlord demo at the NC state games day so we were testing out the scenario. We are using 2 troop 500 point armies (required 1 captain and 1 elite). Not only did the Leezards complete their objective but they stole the objectives from the dwarves and the vampires and ran away with them just for spite.

I finished the game with 174 points left on the board, nothing left for the vamps, and just a spell-less last track cleric and a spearman for the dwizarves.

Care to elaborate on forces used? tactics? results?

We are always wanting more input...

allright, tactics it is

lots of bandages. I also used the grunts from one unit to slow down the vampires so they wouldn't kill me on the way to my destination. I didn' tkill most of the dwarves, they just had bad luck and I finished them.

since my opponenents both had retrieval type objectives Towards the end I took their objectives and ran the opposite way so that they couldn't get them.

To be honest I'm not exactly a tactical genius.

500 pt

Troop 1

Chai-Uut

lesser wep

T'kay

lesser magic boost

4 bandages

1 bless

3 warriors

2 spearmen

Troop 2

Audt

lesser wep

3 warriors

2 spearmen

I would have dropped the weapons and spearmen and taken breakers but I don't have any breakers (order is lost somewhere in neverland)

the order has arrived, and i will have brakers in time for when we do this demo at southern front. Anyone gonna be there? stop by and play some (if your nice I let you use my lizards).

sorry If I just started a wave of off topicness

So basically Moose, you utilised both the Reptus strengths- pretty good armour, pretty good speed, and used it to bog one opponent down and outmanouvre the other.

That counts as tactical smarts. Maybe not genius, but smarts.

Exactly.

today i field my lizards for the first time.

i hope to do lots of killing, but in the end, i expect to learn. i will put my best effort forward.

did anyone notice the new longstriker greens, then notice the old longstriker mini's are gone from the gallery? the old LS were based on Archer chops, but what i see in the greenness is somethign based on a warrior chop. switcharoo? if so, congrats.

if you find out, tell me what is up, i put in an order for LS and i want to get them dammit! (but a happy dammit, akin to 'i am spending too much anyway'. 300$ on plane ticket for next week, gear, etc...)

I tried something new last week at the shop and was pretty happy with the Results.

I fielded 13 warriors, a few breakers, Uru and a totem of battle.

I was up against the Mercs.

A troop of 7 warriors held out against a more expensive troop of Lupines. And another troop held out against a huge troop of Bull Orcs.

It was a hard fought battle, but the Totem made my Warriors just as hard to kill as the bull orcs, and turned my Skull Breakers into killing machines. I had a T'kay out there trying to bring some of the fallen back to get my maximum usage out of the totem, and used some ganging up strategies with the grunts. There is nothing greater than two breakers, charging into combat and taking 2 strikes at a MAV of 5.

Archers worked nicely to soften up the lupines, since they are large targets and the cleric is empowered, they also stole the attention away from my melee units and the totem, allowing me to attack on my terms more often.

yeah, i missed that my archers weren't grunts anymore...i was running off the old card.

my reptus bit it. didn't even generate half casualties. doesn't help i opposed the best general within 400 miles with the best army in the game.

Breakers and Longstrikers. that's where it is at! i am ordering 20 blisters of each, and a special item that lowers your PV by .05 multiplier if you take only non-unique sergeants.....

Uru did well. and i took a very dead Khong To. screw warlords. give me two captains or four sergeants and i will clean any warlord off the table!

YO SHAHAK: how did you get 2 attacks out of a skull breaker, please iterate...

YO REAPER!: one of the lesser factions (one that doesn't win 24-7) needs a 4 or 5 attack per turn warlord, with maybe one less wound or something. an elven swordmaster saint or a dwarven war legend or Khon'g To's hyperactive son would all be really good choices!

my Reptus, oh the humanity! :upside:

oh, and i gotta post this: Nai Kannon!!!

isn't he the swetness!

05_09_21_14235.jpg

my reptus bit it. didn't even generate half casualties. doesn't help i opposed the best general within 400 miles with the best army in the game.

Breakers and Longstrikers. that's where it is at! i am ordering 20 blisters of each, and a special item that lowers your PV by .05 multiplier if you take only non-unique sergeants.....

Just wondering which army you were referring to? And if its only cause the reptus are not complete yet or just cause?

Also, wondering why you dont include the DV 11 warriors in your list.

Care to elaborate a bit on your un-successful venture so we can learn what to avoid?

I've been wanting to try this out, They have the same dv, so if one gets into b2b the enemy has equal chance to hit them, and the bonus the LongStrikers provide would be pretty combined with that awesome mav. And when a long striker is in the rear of a model, they have no rear.

What is PV??

Uru did well. and i took a very dead Khong To. screw warlords. give me two captains or four sergeants and i will clean any warlord off the table!

How many points were you playing? Don't let your warlord get cought alone, they can be ganged up on pretty easily. Keep about 2 grunts or a hero nearby and they become walking slaughter machines. User their abilities to it's fullest effect, they have lots of them. Also use up those elite slots the warlord gives you, they factor into the price. I also wouldn't field one in a game <= 1000, I don't think a single model should cost more than 1/4 of the army total.

Ohh, and Uru will always perform well. That's why we need some stats with him on a KrungBeast... With 4 attacks (2 from Uru, 3 for the Beast, -1 for riding...) I would call it, "The beast's even the HillGiant can't eat.

YO SHAHAK: how did you get 2 attacks out of a skull breaker, please iterate...

I said there were two breakers, each one gets a single attack. They have MAV 3, +1 for totem, +1 for support(from the other breaker) giving them a total MAV of 5. Ganging up is key.

I really love the defense eleven warriors. Bout they only thing in our group that can survive multiple turns toe to toe with the crmson knights. I haven't been as happy with my longstrikers. Dunno, i would rather have another attack at +3 from a breaker instead of the +1 bonus to some other model from a spear guy.

I can see teaming up the longstrikes with warriors but not really the breakers. With the lower DV, I agree with Moose, might as well run in 2 +3s verses a +3 and a guy standing behind him.

With the DV11, at least the Longstrikes should be able to both support the warrior and survive to get to melee running up behind the warrior.

I do think the Longstrikes should get Piker SA just based on their sculpts and super long Halberds.