Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reptus Discussion

I really love the defense eleven warriors.

I just read this as the "defense Elven warriors" and nearly choked on my glass of water from laughing thinking someone loved the elves defense ::D:

I can't resist but the best elven defense is......the fetal postion mwhahahahahaha!!!!

Any way back on topic Matsumoto fought me and my boootiful Reven. The biggest mistake he made was to lump his guys together so Yagun Oog could firestorm them. I killed two reptus warriors wounded Khong To and T'Kay. T'kay then rolled and 1 when she went to heal Khong To, it was ugly. My favorite point in the battle was when I rolled two 10s when a hunter hit Uru dropping the troll traitor (the trolls belong to the Reven and don't you forget it!!! :grr: )

i have not seen any greens or heard any word on Chu-uit, but Audt and Raam got bumped to October. I am not sure if Nai is an October or after.

The Longstrikes and Nagendra Rangers just released.

As Jason said, it looks like Audt and Ra'am are Bumped to October. Is there a timetable on Nai-kannon? What is the status on Chia'Uut? Are the Nagendra going to get a leadet that can field an Elite (SSudai)? I know it sounds like whining, but I am having a hard time containing excitment. Any Reaper peeps got some info on what is coming up in the next few months for the Reptus? Anyone willing to feed the young?

I thought that Ssudai was out. Let me check really quick, Yes he's out, but he's a wizard. The Sgt is Ssathus but he's out too.

Ok gents,

Well, I had a couple games this past weekend (Nuke Con tourney). With mixed results... I won all 3 rounds I played, but it is misleading.

1. we played where we were trying to collect the most points via kills and looting. Most of my enemies had several very high pointed units that if I got to them garnered me mucho points, while my highest pointed figure was T'Kay at 111, and she always hung in the back and never got killed. So even tho my enemy killed my guys left and right, they did not collect as many points per unit.

2. We played with a time limit. And this is the real kicker here. We played one hour rounds. In 2 of my three fights, I would have gotten wiped out big time had the time limit not been there. At the end of the hour, I would most likely have a a few grunt level units with a spell-less cleric left, while my opponent would have a major oober character with a greater everything on him.

So, not really sure what to think about how everything turned out. I did have one good round. I took on a darkspawn group that had 2 oober characters and a bunch of archers. Luckily for me I had the room to spread myself out enough that the magic (Reptus' biggest weakness) did not have a huge affect on me, and my warriors had thick enough hides that those archers with 30 range fired all day long and didnt do much on me. So, I was able to charge across the table for 3 turns (double moving each turn) to surround and kill the mage and archers, leaving only the oober warrior. But this time I think I had enough wariors still alive that I could have eventually killed the oober Nasithe.

i also played a bit of reptusy goodness this weekend. A friend ran a 500 pt demo at southern front (it's a great little con. not to many of the standard socially/hygenically inept gamers, no offense intended if you are either socially or hygenically inept.)

The person who designed the scenario got sick and had to drop out of the game-master/mediator position at the last minute. as a result my dear old dad had to step into his shoes and interpret the scenario. Due to a misplacement of my deployment the reptus team got hosed and were unable to even get to their objective until the last turn.

even with the unbalancedness of the scenario I had a blast. We reptus didn't get to a fight for the first eight turns or so, but in the last couple of action phases we sure cleaned up kills wise. I really got nailed by a fireball as I went through a tight spot, so I won't be making that mistake again. I also reafirmed my belief in the use of breakers over long strikers. that +3 is to much to pass up. never can have enough bandages either.

go reptus

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Borrow things ? They just want it all ! --brushmaster

yeah. remind me of it. the slobs!

they can have the trolls, really. though we need to find

some cool monsters living in the swamps that have lots of cool spikes and scales and mean faces

and send them out to war to replace the feces covered trolls. sorry, though stated,

Uru and Krungbeast do not do it, we need serious scalage here. greater basilisk? gator cavalry?

**the reptus lack artistic beauty, were it not for the intervention of the amazing chaz elliot (chaz, you rock! thank you for saving the image of the reptus from doom!) they would most likely look like butt.**

but Audt and Raam got bumped to October. I am not sure if Nai is an October or after.

The Longstrikes and Nagendra Rangers just released. ---DChihorn

about FREAKIN' TIME!!!!! thank you for adding our much needed reach troops and double attack troops

hmmph. well, i need to get some war on here, i'm not bleeding enough to feel like me.

guess the Reven get another go at it soon....

is anyone else unsatisfied with the nagendra? I mean the idea for snakemen is cool, but when i look at them in comparison to the warriors or the longstrikers, or any of the rest of the REAL lizards I can't help but be dissapointed. I guess I'm just saying that when the whole army looks AMAZING the snakemen, who only look pretty good, don't cut it.

is anyone else unsatisfied with the nagendra? I mean the idea for snakemen is cool, but when i look at them in comparison to the warriors or the longstrikers, or any of the rest of the REAL lizards I can't help but be dissapointed. I guess I'm just saying that when the whole army looks AMAZING the snakemen, who only look pretty good, don't cut it.

They're supposed to have a different feel entirely; while they work with the Reptus they are not Reptus themselves. Jason Wiebe did a great job on ensuring that part of the army design was carried through terrifically.