Reptus Discussion

I think I have finally found a home....in the swamp. ^_^ Now as soon as Christmas is past, I will get my own copy of the core rule book and start collecting an army. ::D: After I get my Reptus build up, I plan to start a dwarven and an elf army too. :B):

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here comes the weekly update.

played today in a "get this stuff off the board" scenario. Using the same 2000 pt list as last week (its written down a few posts over this) I had to take 3 wagons of treasure over a bridge at the other end of the map. The road was surrounded on either side by mixed light and heavy woods. 1000 pts of necroes were tryin to take the wagons off the left side of the rode, and 1000 pts of dwarves were comin at me from the right.

Due to a random event, Chai-Uut's troop had to leave and go back to town, burn an action finding something important that they had lost, and then come back too the fight. This happened just as I had gotten out a good distance onto the road, and left my entire right flank open. The snakes formed a line on that flank to try and hold it till the capin' got back. The dwarves, seeing this weakened flank, moved in, slaughtered the snakes, and tried to get a wagon. The sarge's troop (they had been carryin 2 of the wagons) dropped what they were doing and stepped up to hold the line. For some odd reason 4 longstrikers killed alot more dwarves than 6 snakes had. Sarge got wounded in the process, but the lined held long enough to get the khonger, 2 warriors, and a troll into the fray. a few turns and one firestorm later the dwarves were almost gone. At this point some deathriders killed a cleric (who had yet to cast a spell) and my mage. The capin' finally made it back to where the fight had been. Only problem was the dwarves were already dead and the necroes were formed across the road.

at this point the field looked something like this

........................deathriders....Troll....................................

.............Capin'...........wagons........khonger and a few dwarves................Necroes

.........................Uru....GrungeBeast................................Dwarf cleric.....................

Obviously, scale is not right, but their relative positions are pretty close. The actual field of combat was only about 10 inches wide because of the woods. The deathriders swept in and carried off the wagons. I finally got the last of the dwarves to stay down (the khonger had to kill one warrior 3 times). Only the dwarven cleric survived from the dwarves (and he was wounded) but all the necroes except for 1 or 2 C-knights were still there.

At this point I wheeled around and left. A few grunts (1 warrior and 3 breakers to be axact) stayed to fight a reaguard action. The necroes didn't chase me. I had just over a thousand points left, and the only wounded big boy was sarge, and he aint that big. I lost all the snakes, 'bout half the grunts, 2 trolls, and a cleric and the wizard. I still probably had the power to crack the necro formation (but just barely, he is quite the formationist) but it wasn't worth it, they already had the treasure.

An amazing win for the necroes, I gave better than I got, and the dwarves were pretty much eaten alive.

We took pics and when I can get those I will add them to this post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any news on what the lesser reptus with spears are like?

Where did you find this Scenario or was it a home made one.. It sounds really interesting.

It was homegrown. We usually mix it up with at least some sort of scenario. Most games still turn into an elimination match (It's real easy to do whatever you want when your opponent is dead).

I'll dig up my lists and stick em on the end of this post.

wrote me another list a bit ago. I wanted to get away from my usual cleric and totem combination. I found that against folks like dwarves in particular The cleric didn't do me as much good as I'd like (not that I don't still love clerics, just not against dawrves). I like to go first so it has a lot of cards, and the idea was to shoot the dwarves up from a distance, so it has a good bibt of ranged support.

"Ranged Initiative" - 1000 pts

Chai-Uut

Ssudai-

Lesser magic

firestorm

iceshards x3

breakers x4

warriors x 3

Audt

breakers x4

warriors x 3

Ssathuss

archers x4

Audt

longstrikers x4 (these would have been warriors and breakers, but I don't have any more warriors or breakers)

Uru

River troll

River Troll

that's seven cards and a healthy helping of ranged doom to boot.

"Ranged Initiative" - 1000 pts

Chai-Uut

Ssudai-

Lesser magic

firestorm

iceshards x3

breakers x4

warriors x 3

Audt

breakers x4

warriors x 3

Ssathuss

archers x4

Audt

longstrikers x4 (these would have been warriors and breakers, but I don't have any more warriors or breakers)

Move a single Longstriker into each of the 1st two troops and move either a warrior or breaker into the longstriker troop. I think all the troops would be a little better then. I'd also swap Ssathuss with one of the Audts, to get that Rogue special ability into action.

PS

I could see where this would be good. I didn't think of it because the audt warrior breaker troop is pretty standard fair for me and sdeems to get used alot.

Ssathus with 3 warriors, 3 breakers, and a longstriker

audt with 2 breakers and 2 longstrikers

switch a spear for a breaker in the capin's troop.

thanks for the advice.

New player here both to Warlord and to the Reptus. I played my first game against Mercenaries with mostly a lupine bend and did fairly well taking out all the models and still having over a quarter of my force left. My roster went something like this:

Khong-To

T'kay (No Spells, didn't know that you had to buy them separatly but didn't do too bad as an expensive grunt)

3 Archers

5 Warriors

Audt

3 Skull Breakers

4 Warriors

facing

Lupine Lord

Lupine Shaman

4 Ragers

Sigurd

5 warriors of some kind

Minotaur of the Maze

The lists are likely off because I don't have my book here with me. Really like the game and look forward to playing more and getting all the rules and quirks of the game down. I had been using reptus figs for a D&D game so I had a good base to start from. I currently have:

Khong-To

T'Kay

Audt

Ssathus

Ssudai

12 warriors

3 breakers

3 archers

river troll

So I do have a good base to work from. The Reptus look awesome and have a solid core to work from. What we need to keep in mind is that the last faction book usually has the best stuff in it so it'll be worth the wait.

Big thanks to Castlebuilder for answering all my initial questions and peaking my interest in Warlord.

The Reptus look awesome and have a solid core to work from. What we need to keep in mind is that the last faction book usually has the best stuff in it so it'll be worth the wait.

I cringe to hear this, while I expcet to see the Reptus get an excellent book, I have my fingers crossed that it is not 'The Best' because I think that is what Reaper needs to stay away from, the power creep factor seen in GW games that leads to each susequent faction book being more powerful and unbalancing than the last. I want to see a fair and level playing field for everyone, whether their faction book is out or not, a faction book should just give you more toys, it shouldn't make your army list that much more powerful.

All that aside, looks like your on your way to having a solid Reptus force, good stuff.

Whats' really impressive is that you "wasted" points on a cleric, and still had a solid victory. Congrats.

I can agree with the need to avoid power creep. I hope warlord maintains it's presently balanced state.

welcome to the good guys

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!