Reptus Discussion

I dont care for that blue orange combo at all...

Well, I'm home from the con, and had a blast. More on that after I've had some sleep. But first, I needed to quote Stubb's post from a few days back so that I could make this little announcement...

I whipped Stubb's butt Friday night as karmic payback for him dissing my blue and orange lizards. Learn from his mistake; don't be a 'dog. ;)

In all seriousness, Stubb was a great opponent, but the dice and initiative cards were against him. My activations came up all together at the beginning of round 3, and my dice were hot. He had to make all of his movements first in round 2, and his dice were cold. Yet, he managed a smile (forced at times, perhaps?) the whole time and was the quintessential "good sport" in defeat. He even dropped a bunch of his home-cast resin bases in my case at the end of the night, and insisted that I post the smack-talk about our round when I got home....

This post's for you, Jason. :B):

~v

Speaking of kharmic payback and bad inititive and cold dice...... ::P:

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of kharmic payback and bad inititive and cold dice...... ::P:

Yeah, but I didn't trash-talk your army beforehand. Hell, I even sent you my d*mn tournament list. No wonder I lost... :lol:

Was still fun, Doc. And yes, it was cosmic balance coming back to haunt me. Then again, your luck ran a little short too, neh? :;):

~v

My luck ran out after I knew I was toast. Ranz out played me and thats why I lost. We kept the game going despite my non-existant chance for a comeback even after the game was called. At that point we were just having way too much fun to stop.

No doubt about it...

My half finished paintjobs took a beating to the florida gators of Repti.

They look much better on the field of battle than they did on the computer screen.

But, no need to cry over spilt milk. At least I got beat by my own kind. I'll take that as consolation.

Let me know how those bases work out for you. Those are part of my very first batch so, I am interested in hearing feedback.

I am just sorry that I had to bow out of the tourney early. Even thou I got spanked by big brother blue, I still got enough points to move on and was successful for another couple rounds, then had to make a choice, take a painting class from Derek Shubert or keep playing in the tourney.... Sorry but, DS wins that one everytime...

They look much better on the field of battle than they did on the computer screen.

But, no need to cry over spilt milk. At least I got beat by my own kind. I'll take that as consolation.

Let me know how those bases work out for you. Those are part of my very first batch so, I am interested in hearing feedback.

I am just sorry that I had to bow out of the tourney early. Even thou I got spanked by big brother blue, I still got enough points to move on and was successful for another couple rounds, then had to make a choice, take a painting class from Derek Shubert or keep playing in the tourney.... Sorry but, DS wins that one everytime...

Heh. Thanks for that retraction, Stubb; my little leezards feel much better now. :lol:

I'm not sure how soon I'm going to get around to using those bases... I'm going to start building a small Crusader army for demos, so I might use the bases for those. Thanks again!

And I don't blame you about the class. I was glad Pete was able to find me an opponent early for my would-be 11am slot on Saturday. Urion was kind enough to come play me so that I could make Bobby Jackson's class at noon.

And I agree; when I lost, at least I lost to another Reptus army. I really wanted Doc and I to turn our armies North on the battlefield, invade your game and wipe your opponent off the map... :lol:

~v

half my army is still in the fully black ninja theme... any chance we could make it a sub-list???

Dude, black primer does *NOT* count. :lol:

~v

Yeh , and the ones that are painted aren't half bad ! ::D:

Does this mean we get half a pic?

I gave half a pic it was just missing the imagery

My camera is stuffed up and it seems that you can’t scan one on a flat bed scanner ::(:

So unless I can bug some one at the club the best I can offer you is a description… the armour is a chestnut brown with metallic green trims, while the model its self is a traditional green, with purple dry brush running form the top of the head to about two thirds of the way down the tail of the model ::D:

but i will see if i could bug some one at the club ^_^

Which remineds me, Brushmaster... ::D:

Just scanned the BoP map; after R-Con, it's nice to see Khazareen firmly back in the grip of the Reptus. Now imagine how much further ahead we'd been if Doc and Stubb and I hadn't kept getting matched up against one another. ::P:

~v

P.S. I think that is my only "real" complaint about the con; I think a little more effort should have been made to avoid same-faction battles until it became unavoidable. It certainly wasn't necessary before the quarter finals, anyway...

~v

P.S. I think that is my only "real" complaint about the con; I think a little more effort should have been made to avoid same-faction battles until it became unavoidable. It certainly wasn't necessary before the quarter finals, anyway...

Honestly, I don't think this should be a consideration for matchups. That said, the only considerations I made at all was that I didn't want repeated foes in the 1st three rounds. If I had made any changes to my random selection at all, it would have been to keep the brand new rookie away from Ranz in the first round. :D

PS