Reptus Discussion

So when is the last time we have seen a prov. under Reptus control? Great job to Jason for catching my Necros in the BoP. I played my reptus and won in the Khazareen. The mighty lizards are finally making a show of force that demands respect.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, breakers are well worth their arse kickage. I usually have a 1:1 ratio on my breakers and warriors. Unless I am using a totem of battle. Then it's about 3:1 with warriors:breakers.

They have tough, high DV for their high MAV; and your opponent will fear them.

As Shakak put it... If you can get them into melee then they tend to do pretty good. They do tend to need the help of the warriors to get acros the table without getting plunked from arrows or bolts. But with a MAV3 (and higher with support) their swings can do much damage.

Obviously, with a DV9, they also have to test that toughness a little quicker than warriors, but if you have TKay around with some bandages she can help keep them upright.

after this weekend I have a few updates for my fellow lizards.

I went to the store and I held Ssathus ans Ssudai in my hand, and they are not as bad as I made them out to be. As a matter of fact they are both pretty good looking and not as skinny and smallish as I had thought. Consider my previous bad review of them revised. They are both allright in my book.

And as far as battles go, put down another victory for the ancient and noble race (no not the elves, Us!!!). The totem of battle is beautiful. It is such a good feeling to see your warriors making attacks at plus three and four mav on a regualr basis. Another neat thing is it dictates (to some extent) where enemy troops will go. Your opponent can't afford to let that totem stay active, so you know where he will be attacking. And if he doesn't come after the totem then that is ok too because then you can really whoop his butt.

Uru will be an integral part of my force from now on. He smooshed Judas bllodspire (well, tequniquley speaking a breaker and then my mage got the last two hits, but Uru got the ones that are actually hard to get), and then when judas stood back up He squished him again. And then he ran over and squished azarphan as well.

The only bit of sadness I must admit to is the death of our NOBLE LEADER, the BADGUY BLEEDER, the ah screw that rhyming thing, the khonger got killed. He killed Naomi (three hits in one turn, it wasn't pretty) but then Nivar popped out of a building and cut him down from behind over the next two turns.

Overall it was a resounding victory....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we get some info on exactly what Lesser Spearmen are for the reptus? Are they going to be released with stats not in the book? Are they going to have any different abilities or are they just a cheaper reach unit?

Kind of curious because no other faction has had a model released this far away from their book.

Since we are on the topic of upcoming models, I have a couple questions.

1> On the Reaper new release page I saw this:

Week of Oct. 21st

Warlord

14225: Ra'am, Reptus Sergeant by Chaz Elliott

14227: Herne, Crusader Lancer Sergeant by Gene Van Horne

... Is this a misprint? I thought Ra'am was an Elite Hero, not a Sergeant. I only ask because everywhere I look on the Reaper site I see him listed as a ?Sergeant. 14225_G.thumb.jpg

2> It seems a bit odd that units not in the Core Rulebook are emerging before all of the modles listed within have come out. What happened to Chai-Uut

Yeah the polearms are the ones that were posted and then taken down to be replaced by what we have today.

I am willing to bet Ra'am is the hero, not a sargent. There was a similar mistake with the Darkspawn's Demon solo where she was listed as a sargent no matter where you looked.

I am also curious as to where Chui-Uut is these days. I can't believe he let a pair of pit fighters and a measly sargent beat him to the front lines of battle.

ra'am a sergeant? about freakin' time! i say screw it, if they want to recard him as a leader, then i say YES, IT MUST BE DONE!!!!

(or)

REAPER, WE NEED PIT FIGHTER LEADERS, AS IN ONE WHO CAN CARRY RA'AM OR NAIKHANON OR BOTH AND NOT BE WOOZY ABOUT IT!

ra'am a sergeant? about freakin' time! i say screw it, if they want to recard him as a leader, then i say YES, IT MUST BE DONE!!!!

(or)

REAPER, WE NEED PIT FIGHTER LEADERS, AS IN ONE WHO CAN CARRY RA'AM OR NAIKHANON OR BOTH AND NOT BE WOOZY ABOUT IT!

afterall, we needa 2-spec slot captain and a 1 spec slot sergeant like we need oxygen! lesser spearmen? i'll look. but honestly, what we need are better leaders or more troops. right now i see reptus being either a high-troop/low-char army or an army that will develop some ba'ad charachters in time. but we can't realitsicly field all those cool effects: i oft throw out clerics and damn the heroes, and i have never used ssudai, even in proxy. we need a flood people, on one end or the other, less we become white bread and vastly predicable.

the fact reptus are nigh unto the back burner is killin' me.

I am hoping that the lesser reptus turn out to be something like a low mav, no special abilitiies reach unit. I don't seem to get my money's worth out of things like 360 or the plus one mav on a spearman. I want to use a reach unit to provide reach bonuses, and not do anything else.

I'm hoping the lesser reptus fall at about 20 points each instead of the 24 for longstrikers.

As far as pit fighter leaders who aren't woozy go, look no further than the khonger. He is THE toughest melee warlord in the game. When properly supported (don't EVER let him get swarmed) he can kill anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Once again, use Uru at every oppurtunity. He packs a HUGE punch at a relatively low points cost.