New Halfling Thief

Steve P.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool...

My big comment would be that the pics are TOO big. All the great details that you added can be picked apart because everything is SO big. I really liked what you've done here though. I really like the colors on this guy. While the sculpt is ment to be menicing, you have made it truly like a halfling...

I just bought this today and will probably go with the same kind of color scheme. Great job.

Very cool...

My big comment would be that the pics are TOO big. All the great details that you added can be picked apart because everything is SO big. I really liked what you've done here though. I really like the colors on this guy. While the sculpt is ment to be menicing, you have made it truly like a halfling...

I just bought this today and will probably go with the same kind of color scheme. Great job.

Thanks for the comp. Yeah I know what you mean on the pics... if you see it in person the coins look really cool, not like tiny beads. As for the color scheme I wanted a "Thieves World" look to him. Studded leather is really cool looking for thieves. Laters and good luck on yours.

It's a cool sculpt and all, though I agree the size of the photo is a bit too tell-all on the details.

What I wonder though, did you intend the colours to be so bright? On my monitor, the yellow highlights on his cape seem to be almost flourescent, and the highlights on his hair and face too. Is this intended, or perhaps did you over-light the subject from above when you took the picture?

It's a cool sculpt and all, though I agree the size of the photo is a bit too tell-all on the details.

What I wonder though, did you intend the colours to be so bright? On my monitor, the yellow highlights on his cape seem to be almost flourescent, and the highlights on his hair and face too. Is this intended, or perhaps did you over-light the subject from above when you took the picture?

I do primer with white and I do like brighter colors. But he's not painted with any flourescents, looks normal on my monitor so I'm not sure. I Auto Level and Auto Contrast in Photoshop and I have a new photo box/ light set up for better images. I'm not sure? I do know my Nikon is a bit funky with yellows, it either doesn't catch them over seems to over saturate the color.

Solid work. Love the base. The yellow highlights look like they could have been thinner and more gradual, but that is being extremely picky...

Thanks... Yeah it's been in the 100's here with the heat and even in the AC the paint was drying fast.

Really well done. I like the "coins" but since they are round, I probably (with 20/20 hindsight and all that...) paited them up to look like pearls.)

Like the custom base alot.

Thanks, yeah the base was fun to do. The coins look really good in person but with the macro pics you can see they're beads a little easier so it loses a little effect.