Warlord Terrain WIP

Here's a digital mock-up of a house I'll be building for Warlord games. I wanted to get some feedback to see if I could improve on the design before I jump into the actual work. A few specifics: Are there enough windows? Could I place the windows better?

Any and all ideas are welcome!

postern.jpgpostern02.jpg

postern03.jpgpostern04.jpg

postern05.jpgpostern06.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the design alot. I suppose it'd be good to know the purpose of the building to be sure.... especially if it's base on medieval design...

Well, I haven't hammered out the exact purpose of the building, other than to fill the gaming board into a city. I'm open to interpretations. ::D:

If it's use is a gatehouse for a keep or road, I'd kill the door on the external side.... and maybe make the stone higher all the way around... the second level I'd put windows on both sides to aid the air-flow.

While I like the appearance of the "tower" in the middle, it may reduce the defensibility (is that a word?) of that side.... of course, murder holes in the bottom of the "tower" would balance that out...

If it was an Inn straddling a little stream, no modifications... although a water wheel may be a good addition...

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...

Again - it looks neat!

I think it looks pretty good. Personally I would make the "tower" out of layered stone and add a few more windows to the "naked" sides. The only othe suggestion I have...it would make sense that this building would have a fireplace or two of some kind...so I'd add a chimney.

Looks cool though. Good Luck with the build!

It needs windows on lower outside sections or the rooms have to rely on flame for light.

If the figure shown is the scale, he's going to have to duck to fit in every room and he can't raise his arms to the sides without hitting the walls. Might want to widen the bottom sections a bit.

Thank you all for taking a look and leaving feedback. It helps a lot.

After posting this, I was talking with Castlebuilder in the betachat and he also said more windows at the bottom level. I originally want to put more windows, but stopped because I was afraid there would be TOO many windows. Heh, should have gone with it, I guess. :down: I did add more to the lower half last night, so I'll post those shots later today.

Lawgiver: I'm not worrying too much on scale just yet; more on design.

Raslt: No plans yet... this building came about after I saw a pic of what I think is a resin terrain piece that's no longer for sale (or not selling yet, hard to tell from the site). I really liked the look of it and thought I could build off of the design.