Sign in to follow this  
Gus Landt

Army Builder files! Come and get em!

someone (Gus or Ravenwolf) post your last four digits of your Army Builder account, so that I can do the whole referrer thing...

someone (Gus or Ravenwolf) post your last four digits of your Army Builder account, so that I can do the whole referrer thing...

Last 4 of my license are ...N98G

was kinda playing around with AB tonight. Most everything is working fine. Yes a few kinks but really liking it.

One question. Isn't DISPEL suppose to become a level 1 spell for evil mages or necropolis mages or something like that? It didnt for me.

Also, speaking of Necropolis, there were several mage sublist spells missing (rigormortis, maggot kiss, spark of something, etc..)

One question. Isn't DISPEL suppose to become a level 1 spell for evil mages or necropolis mages or something like that? It didnt for me.

The only spell that comes to mind that has a points reduction for Necropolis is the Life Transfer spell. It drops from lvl 2 to lvl 1.

Castlebuilder

was kinda playing around with AB tonight. Most everything is working fine. Yes a few kinks but really liking it.

Also, speaking of Necropolis, there were several mage sublist spells missing (rigormortis, maggot kiss, spark of something, etc..)

Strange... I could have sworn I put all the Necropolis specific Spells in there :blink::wacko: I'll get the missing ones in tonight. Thanks for catching that.

The two Spells that are higher level for other Mages are Undying Host (3) and Life Transfer (2). They are both Level 1 for Necropolis.

ok, I dont have my book in front of me, but I think I remember now. Isnt it dispel is level 3 for clerics but level 1 for mages? Something like that?

Another error I found = Khamsin Mounted Archers - the program only allows you to field 1 of them.

Another error I found = Khamsin Mounted Archers - the program only allows you to field 1 of them.

And by 'I found' you mean 'Gus told me last night' ::P:

Yeah, there are a bunch of Nefsokar incorrectly marked as maxsize=1 (Unique). Mounted Archers being one of them. Others are: Nakhti, Sokar's Disciples & Prophets, Khamsin Raiders, Khamsin Lancers, and Chosen of Sokar.

I have made this correction to the zip file. Any Nefsokar players should download the new Nefsokar.dat file.

http://www.guslandt.com/warlord/Warlord_AB...v3_20060802.zip

Also, everyone should keep an eye out for other factions with this error.

Another error I found = Khamsin Mounted

Yeah, there are a bunch of Nefsokar incorrectly marked as maxsize=1 (Unique). Mounted Archers being one of them. Others are: Nakhti, Sokar's Disciples & Prophets, Khamsin Raiders, Khamsin Lancers, and Chosen of Sokar.

Also Ammat is there as being a 4-11/2 and she is a 4-12/2

Thanks

how would you do the scorpion? In general it is unique, but in specific subset it is not. So, do I leave the max=1 or do I remove it?

Or maybe create a copy of nefsokar.dat and name it nef-windpeople.dat and remove the max there...?

I dont have my book in front of me right now, so cant remeber exactly which sublist the scorp becomes non unique. So, its not so much the specific question about the scorpion as it is the question related to what the better way to handle uniques verses non uniques and ones that change depending on the situation...

Like the walking avatar too...

how would you do the scorpion? In general it is unique, but in specific subset it is not. So, do I leave the max=1 or do I remove it?

Or maybe create a copy of nefsokar.dat and name it nef-windpeople.dat and remove the max there...?

I dont have my book in front of me right now, so cant remeber exactly which sublist the scorp becomes non unique. So, its not so much the specific question about the scorpion as it is the question related to what the better way to handle uniques verses non uniques and ones that change depending on the situation...

Like the walking avatar too...

You've got to add an Override. I can't really explain it without showing you. If you're playing around with the data files, look what was done for the Walking Avatar and copy that. However...

I've fixed the Giant Scorpion and Dust Devil so they are Non-Unique in the Default Nefsokar list. I noticed that over the weekend. I've also made some other changes as well and I've sent them to Gus to upload. Whenever he can upload the files you can have them ::D: . When you get them check out the READ ME for details.

As for copying and renaming the nefsokar.dat file, you can, but the problem is you will have duplicate id names for everything. AB doesn't like that. The next push for me is to find a way to create sub-list options within the existing data files. I'll be trying to attend the AB seminars while at GenCon and talk to the Wolflair guys for assistance. No guarantees though. The simplest (and most tedious method) I see right now is to do what you suggest and them rename... every... single... id name. This would only need to be done for 4 factions right now, but it'll be a pain and there's more files to change so that everything links up as well. Not a light undertaking... :huh:

These changes will probably be the last until after GenCon. I do not intend to bring my laptop and work on them while I'm there ::P:

hey thanks for the feedback and even moreso thanks for all the work. If I knew enough I would help too. I need to learn xml stuff better.

Hey. I just noticed that you cant do a battle totem in this currently..

hey thanks for the feedback and even moreso thanks for all the work. If I knew enough I would help too. I need to learn xml stuff better.

No problem and thanks.

Hey. I just noticed that you cant do a battle totem in this currently..

The Totem of Battle is listed by its Faction name and you have to filter for everything for it to show in the list. There's a button that's an "X" in a circle to the left of the LEADER tab. You pick it as a unit not equipment and it adds the +1 MAV to all of your units for you.

Hope this helps.

Hmm, looks like I've been gazumped ::):

I've got an updated set of Datafiles with all of the sub-faction stuff from the Necropolis and Reven faction books almost ready to go. I've got a few tweaks left in the Reven stuff to make the Goblin sub list work properly and then I was going to update the files available through AB...

Should I bother? Or are people happy enough with the files released here?

I expect to have the Crusader book done in another 2 or 3 weeks.

If I put some new files up, they'll overwrite whatever work has previously been done by RavenWolf as they certainly wont coexist with each other ::):

Just don't want to duplicate effort is all...

Russell

(AB file author)

BTW, I must apologise for the tardiness with the file updates, but hey, you guys don't really care why - you just want up-to-date data files ::):

Also, there's a Warlord forum on the AB support site for discussing the Warlord AB files - if anyone is interested...