Sign in to follow this  
Gus Landt

Army Builder files! Come and get em!

Russell, I think your work may still be needed. Sounds like your Necro & Reven files would be more complete than what we've got. As long as you update everything with the new 1.2 changes, I would love to have your Necro & Reven .dat files. ^_^

And you need give no apologies. Your work on the AB Warlord files is the ONLY reason Warlord has AB files. We're only trying to keep things up to date. :upside:

There is no reason a single person has to be fully responsible for these files when we can all pitch in!

If you haven't yet, please download the zip file in the original post, and check out the ReadMe file. Maybe you can finish some of the things Ravenwolf wasn't able to.

Hmm, looks like I've been gazumped ::):

I've got an updated set of Datafiles with all of the sub-faction stuff from the Necropolis and Reven faction books almost ready to go. I've got a few tweaks left in the Reven stuff to make the Goblin sub list work properly and then I was going to update the files available through AB...

Should I bother? Or are people happy enough with the files released here?

I expect to have the Crusader book done in another 2 or 3 weeks.

If I put some new files up, they'll overwrite whatever work has previously been done by RavenWolf as they certainly wont coexist with each other ::):

Just don't want to duplicate effort is all...

Russell

(AB file author)

BTW, I must apologise for the tardiness with the file updates, but hey, you guys don't really care why - you just want up-to-date data files ::):

Also, there's a Warlord forum on the AB support site for discussing the Warlord AB files - if anyone is interested...

Russell,

First of all, thanks for all your hard work in creating the Warlord AB files to begin with. Without your effort, mine may never had occurred. Please check out the files I've modified that Gus has graciously posted. I'm interested in any feedback you have to offer. I had already begun work on the files when someone posted that you had intended to update them. No apology necessary. Real life tends to get in the way of gaming all the time.

How are you handling the faction sub-lists? I'm also curious about things like Bindsouls (since they can have quantities greater than 1) and other stuff. You can PM if you like and I'd love to see how you've done the Necropolis and Reven sub-lists.

Thanks again.

Russell, I think your work may still be needed. Sounds like your Necro & Reven files would be more complete than what we've got. As long as you update everything with the new 1.2 changes, I would love to have your Necro & Reven .dat files. ^_^

And you need give no apologies. Your work on the AB Warlord files is the ONLY reason Warlord has AB files. We're only trying to keep things up to date. :upside:

There is no reason a single person has to be fully responsible for these files when we can all pitch in!

If you haven't yet, please download the zip file in the original post, and check out the ReadMe file. Maybe you can finish some of the things Ravenwolf wasn't able to.

Thanks for the reassurance, I have downloaded the zip file but haven't had a chance to look through the data files yet. I've got two options at the moment that I'd like peoples thoughts on:

1. I hold off releasing my files until I've had a chance to combine the stuff in the zip file with my main release (this could be up to a week at the moment) or

2. I release my files now (well, there's about 2 hours more work finishing off the Goblins and checking everything) and then combine what I can from the zip files into the next update. I'm expecting that to be a couple of weeks away and will also contain the stuff from the Crusader Faction book.

My current preference is 2. but I realise this may be a step backwards for those using the zip file (at least for a little while) so I'm happy to hear peoples thoughts...

Going forwards, I'm happy to share the updates, but we'll need to be a bit organised about it so we don't tread on each others toes (well.... data files).

I've split the files up per faction, but there's a lot of stuff that is common in the warlord.def and common.dat files.

Could everyone who is interested in pitching in with these files join up to the Wolflair forums and post a reply to the Topic I've just started in the Warlord forum there:

Wolflair Forum Link

I'd rather use that forum to discuss all things AB as the interested audience is much smaller than the readers of this forum.

Looking forward to hearing peoples thoughts.

Cheers,

Russell.

I've got two options at the moment that I'd like peoples thoughts on:

1. I hold off releasing my files until I've had a chance to combine the stuff in the zip file with my main release (this could be up to a week at the moment) or

2. I release my files now (well, there's about 2 hours more work finishing off the Goblins and checking everything) and then combine what I can from the zip files into the next update. I'm expecting that to be a couple of weeks away and will also contain the stuff from the Crusader Faction book.

My current preference is 2. but I realise this may be a step backwards for those using the zip file (at least for a little while) so I'm happy to hear peoples thoughts...

I'm sure I don't speak just for myself when I say I won't take a step backwards. ^_^

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by a step backwards, but I'd rather have incomplete rules than to have any missing models or have anything not using the new 1.2 datacard rules. In fact, if your files aren't updated to the new 1.2 datacards, I'd say definately don't release them yet.

I love the Army Builder software, but I don't really need it to keep track of all the little rules. I know I need a captain before a 3rd sergeant. I know Divine Favor can only be given to a single model, who must be a leader or elite. All those rules are just icing on the cake. ::):

If I put some new files up, they'll overwrite whatever work has previously been done by RavenWolf as they certainly wont coexist with each other ::):

YES they can co-exist, you just have to be tricky..I use yours most of the time (Russell) but when I need full nefsokar I use the new one (it still needs sublist but it beats figures things out by hand)

Heres what I did:

I created a folder called Warlord2 in the Data directory I unziped the new file to there now when I want to use the newer file I just that one as my group.

Also Russell if you would upload the data files as you get the groups done. It would mean a lesser wait between major updates

Thanks

Very sorry for the delay, folks! I'm on the road for GenCon, and internet connectivity is spotty.

Anyway, I have uploaded Ravenwolf's latest files. See the original post for the link to the .zip ^_^

I'm sure I don't speak just for myself when I say I won't take a step backwards. ^_^

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by a step backwards, but I'd rather have incomplete rules than to have any missing models or have anything not using the new 1.2 datacard rules. In fact, if your files aren't updated to the new 1.2 datacards, I'd say definately don't release them yet.

I love the Army Builder software, but I don't really need it to keep track of all the little rules. I know I need a captain before a 3rd sergeant. I know Divine Favor can only be given to a single model, who must be a leader or elite. All those rules are just icing on the cake. ::):

Yep, fair reasoning.

By a step backwards, I mean Ravenwolf may have corrected errors and/or made updates that I haven't made (I know I've fixed/updated quite a bit, but people have been pretty quiet with sending me bug reports lately ::): ). I'll sift through Ravenwolfs files to see what he's done and make sure all the datacards are up to date then add my files to the AB updates mechanism. You should see new files appear within AB in a few days.

Cheers,

Russell.

Hey guys I downloaded the files last night and found one small issue. It won't allow you to take more then one Onyx Zephyr in a Overlord army. Might be a issue with the unit size attribute for the individual model. I tried several ways to add more then one of the model type, both using the GUI and using the adjust model count option, no joy on either.

Mad Pat

I hope that there will be an update with all the errata after Overlord faction book comes out. Please include the sublist for Neksofar as well. Thanks.

Hey guys I downloaded the files last night and found one small issue. It won't allow you to take more then one Onyx Zephyr in a Overlord army. Might be a issue with the unit size attribute for the individual model. I tried several ways to add more then one of the model type, both using the GUI and using the adjust model count option, no joy on either.

Mad Pat

Here's a quick fix for you. Close Army Builder if open. Find the 'overlords.dat' file wherever you unzipped your files to. Open it with a text editor like Notepad. Search for 'Onyx Zephyrs' until you find the 2nd instance of it (near the bottom of the file). On that line, delete the text 'maxsize="1"'. Save and close the file, then restart army builder. ::):

Hey guys, anyone know if anyone's been working to update the AB files with the info from Rage Chronicles 2007? The ones in AB's auto-update line up are from 2006, seems like. And Gus' link in the first post (and the reference library post) don't work...