generics

Stubbdog

I didnt even really think about them until I just bought and downloaded the Army Builder and was trying it out for the first time.

I was scrolling thru the available units looking for something completely different, but happed to pass over the GENERIC ...... card.

And it brought up several questions...

Other than the "official" tourneys, are generic models allowed in normal gameplay, and I mean in terms of things like the monthly Asylum tourneys and store tourneys.

*assuming that they get updated with the correct point values...

That is, could they be thrown in with the 25% merc rule, or in a freelance?

I know the standard answer of , amongst friends... but I am not asking that, I am asking related to store tourneys.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they're not for use in tournaments. Page 140 (2nd Printing) specifically states: "Generic cards are considered 'unoffical' for Black Lighting (sic) or other types of organized Warlord play unless specified otherwise in the event description."

I think it is possible to tweak out some of the generic cards in the back of the book to make them just as powerful as figures from a faction for like half the points. I don't think that was Reaper's intention. I have never had anyone try to field those in one of my tournaments, but I wouldn't allow it. Sorry Stubbdog!

Wild Bill :blues:

We actually tried a tournament once where that was the point: Use the generic cards to build your own army, twink out as much as you want.

I think the most annoying army was the one where they were all Move 12, #MA 2, MAV 5, DV 6, Rogue.

We later tried a "FPS-style" game, where each player twinked out a single model to 300 points, and 'respawned' every time they were killed. That was a lot more fun.