Bounty Points

chesme

I was thinking of playing some bounty point games, but I am unclear on the rules. I'm considering it's a given that you do not get the points for killing off your own models (either by accident or suicide tactics), but does your opponent get the points in these situations? He/she did not actually kill the models in question, so is it fair that they automatically get the bounty points on those? The bounty point table in the book just states you automatically get point cost for any enemy casualty, so it reads like this is the case. If so, then the splitting of the multi-track models' points between the sides that dealt the damage seems useless (unless it is supposed to only be used in games with 3+ sides).

Any clarification, please?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typically the way the bounty points are done.

1. Add up all the points of all your enemy's dead models (including spells and equipment)
  2. Add 1d10 points for every Soldier or Sergeant model looted
  3. Add 2d10 points for every Captain, Elite or Solo looted
  4. Add 3d10 points if a Warlord is looted
  5. Add in bonus points if you are Reptus - Feed the Young
  6. If you opponent has a living spellcaster add the points of the spells that were cast (this is an optional one)
  7. Add in any scenario specific points.

SUM(1:7) = Your bounty points total

Thanks for the reply, Qwyksilver, but it doesn't touch on my question here. Those are the general rules, and I understand them. My question is about who gets the points when a side kills his/her own models. Yes, by #1 it says add up all enemy's dead, but what about the part on the table for multi-tracks models? It says divide the tracks between what sides dealt damage. With the assumption of a side cannot get points for his/her own casualties, then are those points for damage just lost? Also, it begs the question of does your enemy actually get points for your single track models just because they are dead, no matter who killed them, if they do not get the points on multi-track models when they did not do the damage?

The part about multi-tracked models is for games with more than two players. I'm thinking that if troops from different armies both whoop on a multi-track, they split the points for eliminating it based on how many tracks each army did. That's without checking the book though, so don't take this as gospel.

Another point about looting. While the opponent gets the points for eliminating your troops, you can loot your own models to get the loot points for yourself instead of leaving them for the enemy to claim.

Castlebuilder

If you noticed I specifically said enemy dead, and gave no mention of how they were killed. If you go an kill your own models, by accident or otherwise, it still goes towards your opponent's victory because it's a dead enemy model. It's unfortunate, but it's also a good motivation to make sure your models

As Castlebuilder mentioned, there is also Looting, either by performing a CdG on a Stunned model (as part of the Loot Action), or by running up and performing a Loot Action on a model just lying there dead. You can actually loot your own dead (although some tournaments or scenarios may restrict this) to get some additional points.

As CB also mentioned, splitting the points on a mutli-track model, is when you are playing against more than one opponent. Usually in these situations, it's easier to just keep track of what you personally killed (or what part you killed). Again it's not always 100% fair because you might have done tracks 0-2 on a model, and someone else swooped in and vultured part of the kill on track 3 for 25% of the points, but that's just part of the game.

If only one opponent did damage to a multi-tracker, and you did some as well, I'd give them the full 100%. If it was two opponents, I would split the model's points based on their contribution, and not count the damage you caused as part of the percentage. So, with the same 4 track model, you do a point of damage, Opponent A does 2 tracks, Opponent B does 1 track, they'd split it 67:33, instead of 25:50:25.

You should never get points for killing/wounding your own army. Looting their body, perhaps, but never for killing off your own guys.

Thank you CB and QS. Those are more of the clarifications I needed. Though, I still feel that these are interpretations in spirit of the game, since the rules do not specifically state certain things (such as the multi-track situtaion, it doesn't state this is only in 3+ player games). I would like to get an official word on it, since I was approached with some of these questions and I do not want to give incorrect answers or houserules.

And, like I said in my first post, I always thought it was a given that you do NOT get points for killing your own models. I do remember the rulebook saying you can loot your own fallen models, but you get the loot points for that action? I can see looting your own models to prevent the other sides from getting those points, but for your side to actually gain a benefit from it... is that right? I would have thought those loot points would just be null and void.

Looting your own models is neither prohibited nor always in effect. It is one of the things that is up to the discretion of the event coordinator.

As far as a reasoning for looting your own models for the points. Think of it this way. In the thick of a fight, you're and Archer, and running low on arrows, your fellow Archers gets dropped beside you, you bet you'd grab his extra arrows since he can't use them now. Same thing if you're a warrior and your fellow warrior had a better weapon than you. Or pehaps the "loot" you're taking is the equivalent of a dog tag or objective map or letter to a sweetheart or even jewlery or gold if you're more a scoundrel.

The points represent the extra loot you'd accumulate at the end of a battle. There's going to be some good bits on both friend and foe. Why let the enemy re-equip themselves with your stuff?

Thank you CB and QS. Those are more of the clarifications I needed. Though, I still feel that these are interpretations in spirit of the game, since the rules do not specifically state certain things (such as the multi-track situtaion, it doesn't state this is only in 3+ player games). I would like to get an official word on it, since I was approached with some of these questions and I do not want to give incorrect answers or houserules.

And, like I said in my first post, I always thought it was a given that you do NOT get points for killing your own models. I do remember the rulebook saying you can loot your own fallen models, but you get the loot points for that action? I can see looting your own models to prevent the other sides from getting those points, but for your side to actually gain a benefit from it... is that right? I would have thought those loot points would just be null and void.

The Bounty Point Awards table on Page 68 of the rules is pretty clear. "Per Enemy Model marked as a casualty." You only get points for models that are marked as casualties if they are enemy models; you don't get points for killing or damaging your own models. "Loot Action on Grunt or Sergeant, etc." However, you get the bonus points for looting a model whether it is friend or foe.

Of course, a scenario designer or event organizer can use whatever scoring method they choose.

Rich