It's hot!

Orchid_Noir

I can truely understand Robin Williams' "It's hot" bit from Good Morning Vietnam today.

Last night we came back to the apartment and looked up to check the windows (just a habit) and the mini blinds in one room, the most sun exposed, of course, had melted. I mean "looks there was a fire in the room" type melted.

WOW! :blink: Glad we just stay indoors as much as possible during daylight hours during the peak of summer. ::P:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back a few years ago when Steve still worked at Kmart in the garden shop, the inside of the westward window would reach temperatures of 140*F. The company big-wigs couldn't seem to figure out WHY the lawnmower batteries kept boiling over.

surprisingly the weather here has been pretty darn mild, we had a spell there where it was 100+ each day for like 9-11 days straight but then it just fell, 80s-90s, temps at night are like 70s-80s, even cooler some nights. Pretty nice, epsically since upstairs just cooks (where my mini-painting & puter is) when it get 96-00+.

So I'm lovin it!!, espically since our bedroom is also upstairs & I have to sleep during the day.

RM

I so want to see a picture of that, Orchid.

Ask and...

hotblinds.jpg

From the outside more of the discoloration is visible, and this is only one corner of it. It made me very glad that I sacrificed a blanket to the window (hung behind my bedsheet curtains :lol: ) when I realized that it had that exposure. Can you imagine the effect on the light bill otherwise? :blink:

For the longest time I thought that something fire related had happened in one of the front buildings of the complex, I guess maybe not.

Oh, the rear view drop is a regular rite of summer in Houston, too.

Holy cow! I bet that particular window could double as a toaster oven in summer, saving you from having to light the stove.

About 15 years ago, one of the supermarkets where I grew up got the bright idea to power-purchase a metric butt-ton of Coca-Cola canned drinks which they could then sell cheaply. To get customers' attention, they stacked the canned colas up like a huge fortress in the store's parking lot. It was impressive the first day, but the second day the temperatures climbed into the high ninties and the pop cans started to swell and burst. By the fourth day, the display was a haven for flies and ants, and there was actually a warning posted about the risk of exploding soda cans.

• Reaper User

Schnikies! That's hot!

(What Kit doesn't realize is that I took down the blinds in the Reaper Art Trailer that melted like that.)

Recently, it got hot enough in there that the floor warped. (!) Thankfully, I was not in it at the time, and turning the A/C on for a while returned it to normal.

I hope everyone is keeping as cool as possible! Remember, there's hope -- it's back down in double digits here in Texas! :rolleyes:

I'm just thankful my truck does not have vinyl or leather seatcovers so I don't burn my backside in the afternoon when I get out of work.

Strangely enough we had a cool snap two evenings ago after a rainshower. It was almost like late September cool..the kind of night you want to sleep with the windows all raised, but you know better because the next morning everything inside and out will be covered in dew.

Well, not to rub it in but it has been dipping in the 60's up here in the northeast. So cool I needed to put the blankets back on the bed.

Rub all you want.

I'd rather have a hot summer and be able to skip the cold weather. Running around in shorts most of the winter is a much better way for me to spend the day. AC keeps the house cool enough, and the pool is worthwhile for quite a few months every year without heating the water.

Heat with high humidity is a lot less fun, but Tucson has never been known for high humidity.