Heroes of Vigil City

Vinny

Outside-

With Eddie in front of the doorway, there is very little space for Cyphershot to get throught. However, with a powerful charged punch, the hulking man lashes out with a fist like a thundering hammer. The stone shatters from the door, revealling the gleaming and dented surface of a thick steel frame. With heavy damages to the hinge, the door gives away and opens almost effortlessly at Eddie's whim, althought any normal humans would require a tremendous push to move such weight.

Down the corridor-

While Cricket runs down the stair, he finally reaches the bottom with a leap where the steps end and a metal corridor stretches away. In the distance, cricket can see the shadowy shape run away before, suddenly...

With a zap, the light fixture in front of the runner sparks and Pulse jolts out in front of his quarry. Before him stands a bulky, medium size man, his tunic blackish-grey and trimmed with red. Gleaming in both hands are odd-looking gauntlets, medievaly-ornate but gleaming with a robotic chrome. His head is masked and shrouded with a dark crimson hood, and emblazoned on his chest is the large cross you saw on the parchment.

"Very impressive." a hoarse voice comes from under the hood.

Before Pulse could even finish his sentence, the dark knight lashes out with a melee combo. The electrifying hero dodges the first swing, but the second hits him across the face, the metal fist smashing against his jack and severly bruising it (almost broke it too if he hadn't pulled the punch). Pulse retaliates by shooting the charged energy in his hands. The bolt, however, strays and hits a ceiling lamps before zapping down the corridor, shattering seven or so light units before fading out. A section of the hallway falls to a pitch black darkness.

Without a second thought, the dark knight gives Pulse a parting kick that knocks the hero back against the wall before he took off running again, disappearing into the darkness of the corridor. Again, his running footsteps is all that you can hear for about two seconds before, abruptly, it stops and the hallway is dead quiet.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cypher' runs after the big man & makes sure that the back is covered just in case something decides to come down after us. As I get up from my spot behind the gravestone, I flick a switch on my HUD, that allows me to see better in the dark.

As I hit the stairway, I change the concussion arrow to a tracking arrow (basically it's similar to the tracking bullet that Hellboy used in the movie), just in case....

RM

Eddie and Cyphershot-

As the pair of descends the stairs, they reach the bottom and find Cricket standing. In the distance, they see Pulse getting knocked back by a hit and unleashing an arcing spark that destroys several ceiling lights.

Eddie, being of a bigger form, notices that the grey-steel hallways is quite tight for him. He estimates that he has barely enought room to extend his arms fully while standing in the middle of it, and, every once in a while, an arching ceiling (perhaps for a security door that was never installed) would seem to require a bit of squeezing to get through (or bashing, in ermergencies, along with other possible techniques).

Cyphershot's enhanced darkvision allows her to notice the walls being carved very accurately and smoothly as she descends the stairs. Upon reaching the bottom, she witnesses the distant fight as well, but, as soon as the lights go off from the spark, she notices the runner sprinting down the hall for a second before suddenly leaping and disappearing, as if through a hole in the ceiling.

Phantom-

"Well, come on then, you sack of organ-... I mean, honored guest. Follow me, the [Maker]'s got this whole gig planned out. Wouldn't want to toss a monkey wrench into his gears now, would you?"

And with that, the robot starts to pace down the wall, thudding the metal ground with every step of its heavy metal feet.

"Very good. Lead on my good tin man, I'll try to make this wretched meatsack keep up with you. When we get there, I should be able to help remove that Plasm and assist with any repairs necessary if you wish, although I am sure you probably have facilities far surpassing my own meager skills."

The Phantom shakes his head and chuckles. Lawn Ornament. I'd almost consider paying to see that.

The Phantom follows a respectful distance behind the Robot, floating several inches off the ground and phased just in case the Bot attempts to play him false.

"By the by, you haven't attempted to ventilate any of my other friends recently, have you? They may have stumbled down here by accident as well."

"What the---", Eddie says as he sees the shadowy form fleeing ahead of the group. He moves as quickly as he can thorough the narrow (for him at least) hallway.

"You guys know what tha heck that thing is?" he asks Pulse and Cricket. "Where'd tha old guy go?"

In the Corridor-

By the time Eddie approaches the scene of the fight, Pulse and Cricket begins to venture into the dark, thus giving at least four feet of distance between the large man and the two nimbler heroes, with Cyphershot taking the rear, her bow cocked and loaded.

Those who have an enchanced darkvision, they notice that all of the light fixtures on the ceiling are broken, the bulbs and casing shattered. The metal-grated floor is covered with shards of broken glass.

Everyone hears a light crunch of glass as Cricket's boot accidently crushes a small piece. Before anyone else takes another step, there comes another crunch, louder, but from behind the group.

Phantom-

"Friends? Friends?! You mean... there's more of you??? What do I look like, a welcoming committee? Should I try to [synthesize] a welcoming chorus with my [voice synthesizer]? Huh? Friggin'... lil'... [Maker]..." the robot goes on, rather annoyingly, altho suprisingly capable of artificially MUTTERING.

As Phantom and the large robot walk down the wall, the lighting suddenly shimmers for a bit, then turns off, then lights back on again.

"Oh great... just great! This is just perfectly [optimized]. What the [reboot] was that..." the robot mumbles, if it can even achieve the tone worthy to be considered mumbling.

Phantom sees something move behind him and, looking back down the hall, he sees a distant t-junction down the corridor. A large security robot identical to the one he is now following appears in the distance and walks off out of sight. Another follows it close behind it, and also disappearing, moving down the left hallway. At this distance, Phantom can see a direction sign on the t-hunction wall but can't make out the writing on it.

001 turns to look down the hall as well and, mechanically, grunts.

"I'll computerize that as your friends arriving. The more the merrier, right?" it drones on, turning and continuing down the corridor to its original destination, as if ignoring whatever is happening.

"Come on, [continue movement], meatbag. I don't have all day..."

upon hearing the sound from behind me/us, I spin around with my bow held outward, if I see anything I say "Hold whoever you are, I don't want to hurt you" if there is nothing, then I just scan the area for the noise.

001 turns to look down the hall as well and, mechanically, grunts.

"I'll computerize that as your friends arriving. The more the merrier, right?" it drones on, turning and continuing down the corridor to its original destination, as if ignoring whatever is happening.

"Come on, [continue movement], meatbag. I don't have all day..."

The Phantom pulls up short and hovers in the hallways, watching the other Mech stomp down the hallway in the direction of the noise. "Just a sec." The Phantom begins to fly down the hallway in the direction of the pair of robots similar to 001 expecting that he will be able to catch up to their lumbering forms. "I'll be right back, I promise!" The Phantom increases his speed slightly and maintains his phased form, wary of the possibility of gunfire from both front and rear. The Phantom shouts over his shoulder as he goes, "I really think it might be a good idea to get the guys. They might be as likely to respond to your buddies going down the hall, as I did to you. If there's more miscommunication, there's going to be a lot of damage on both sides being dished out. The Maker should be able to wait another minute or two and might appreciate his home not rendered to rubble."