Heroes of Vigil City

Vinny

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"So much for a friendly meeting..." the Phantom mutters to himself as he turns and races towards his new friends. "Incoming Chain Gun Fire and a juicy Tazer on my six," he hollers as he rematerializes and skids to a halt next to Pulse and the Cricket in the cover of the archway. "So much for that one being a friendly," he gestures towards Unit 001. He and I had managed to come to an understanding that we were invited guests here until someone either seized control of him, or he learned his buddies were just slagged. You guys know how to have one hell of a party, what've I missed? Oh yeah, and there's some really sweet electronics and computer systems, in here, further back. This place is a fortress."

"How 'bout not," Eddie replies as he powers up his fists again. "How 'bout we stop this stupid crap before I bring this goddamn cave down on yer head?"

"What is this, some kinda test? Are you a crackpot? Do ya get yer jollies by sendin' out weird messages to random folk an' then leadin' them inta dark caves to play with ya?"

The moment is tense for a second before finally the knight, taking the leap, propels himself towards Eddie. Eddie swings and barely misses as the knight dodges aside, kicking Eddie in the back and, taking advantage of the momentum, gives a side kick that knocks Cyphershot down before she could take the shot.

Before Eddie could turn, the Knight had shoved through Pulse and Cricket, passing through the mist that was Phantom in a roll before landing back to face the heroes, a keen, metal looking crossbow in his hand, aimed at the heroes. Behind him, 001 backs him up, stomping close and levelling the chain gun.

"I believe..." you all hear the coarse voice. "This pleasantry has gone on long enough."

The knight stands and lowers his crossbow so it points at the floor.

"Introductions are in order, wouldn't you say?" he suggest.

001's chaingun, however, is still spinning, just in case.

The Phantom nods his head in the direction of the knight.

"I have most recently been known as, oh how did you phrase that..." the Phantom pauses, "carbon sucking organic meatbag. Your friend with the spinning heater, Messir 001, who most definitely DOES NOT like being called a toy, and I have already had the pleasure of meeting. You, " nodding towards the knight, "I don't know. Seeing how you greeted my recent acquaintences, all of which were invited guests, I think your hospitality leaves much to be desired."

Ok, I've had enough of this crap!

Eddie turns and stalks down the cavern, pausing to help Cyphershot to her feet. He pushes through the others, stopping right in front of them, to shield them from the giant robot's chaingun.

"Ok, ya screwhead jackass, lissen up," he says to the knight. "These," he continues, indicating his fists, "Are my hammers. Ya've already felt what they c'n do. I'm tired an' hungry, an' starting to get a little pissed. Tha only thing that's kept me from lettin' loose on ya is tha fact that ya just might be tha one that invited us here, an' I wanna find out what tha hell ya want us for. So, if I was you, I'd tell that jackhole robot of yers ta lower his gun 'fore I punch a hole in 'im faster than he c'n say 'Danger! Danger, Will Robinson,' an' tell us what tha hell we're doin' here."

"What did you call me you son of a [definition unclear]? I wi-..."

"Enough." the knight says, and stands up straight, tapping the robot's chaingun down.

"Before anything is exchanged, may one of you boys... and girl... perhaps tell me..." he begins.

"I told all of you to ask for the Zealot's confession. Only one of you did that, the trunk there, and he goes and asks the wrong person. Now, tell me... what is so damned bloody hard about following directions?" he asks althought not angrily (strangely, its as if he's amused), lowering his crossbow. All of the heroes notice the steel arrow loaded on its firing mechanism matches the arrow that had pinned the message to the rooftop earlier.

"I can answer that!" 001 says. "It's because they are [inferior] carb-"

"Shut up."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, inferior carbon based meatbags. I've already heard it all before. Now back on topic."

"YOU brought us together out of the blue."

"So yeah, maybe our teamwork sucks, but what do you expect when you bring a bunch of guys who have never met before, let alone worked together.

"YOU sought us out."

"We came. Sorry for not wanting to walk blindly into a potential trap. We like to call that caution. So maybe we didn't follow the directions like blind sheep being led to slaughter.

"YOU decided to be all secretive about your invite."

"We decided not to walk in with sirens blazing and a marching band and start shouting from the ramparts HERE WE ARE!!!"

"YOU initiated the attacks."

"We responded. We like to call that self-defense and survival."

"So now that you have our undivided attention, what do YOU want with us?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, inferior carbon based meatbags. I've already heard it all before. Now back on topic."

"YOU brought us together out of the blue."

"So yeah, maybe our teamwork sucks, but what do you expect when you bring a bunch of guys who have never met before, let alone worked together.

"YOU sought us out."

"We came. Sorry for not wanting to walk blindly into a potential trap. We like to call that caution. So maybe we didn't follow the directions like blind sheep being led to slaughter.

"YOU decided to be all secretive about your invite."

"We decided not to walk in with sirens blazing and a marching band and start shouting from the ramparts HERE WE ARE!!!"

"YOU initiated the attacks."

"We responded. We like to call that self-defense and survival."

"So now that you have our undivided attention, what do YOU want with us?"

Eddie, who has opened his mouth to say pretty much the same thing, but with much more colorful language, instead simply says "Yeah."

To your surprise, the knight laughs, a very satisfied laughter, as if he had accomplished something.

"Aye, truly I've picked the right types for the job! Not only can you handle yourselves, but you're not complete imbeciles either! Very good!" says the dark knight.

"Well, then, introductions, as I have said are in order." You all notice his tone has changed, less aggressive and less confrontational.

"I am Templar." he says, taking a bow. He comes up with a fluttering of his cape, his crossbow now slung on his back, gauntlets deactivated.

"Come, let us go somewhere less... damaged. Where we can talk, yes?" he turns and begins walking down the darkened hallway, stepping over the debries of his two destroyed security bot. The armless disabled one twitches occasionally, and you notice the number 003 on its chest. The other one lies in scattered pieces in every direction. 001, on the other hand, stands aside and stays there, allowing you to pass, meanwhile grumbling to himself as to how his "maker" has gone soft.

"Don't worry, friends." you hear Templar's voice speak, even as he disappears into the darkness and later reappears even furhter down the hall where the lights are still working. "The test is over, you won't find any more... surprises. Besides, if I had wanted to kill you, I'd have send something stronger than these... trinkets."

001 cocks its cyclopean metal head at you, raising its gun to the ceiling in passive mode.

"Come on, follow the [meatbag Maker]. Anyday now..." it drones.