Vinny

Heroes of Vigil City

Turning to look at Cave Cricket, "Well perhaps it wasn't just heroes that were invited to this little get together. I think we might need to take a look into what's going on down there." Spending a moment to make sure that he has a full power reserve Pulse prepares to arc down to the alley below to find out the silver-clad person's intent.

[OOC] The Silver Phantom has a Dark Cold Grey costume with Black accessories - boots, gloves, etc. The silver is from his mirror finished faceplate [/OOC]

The Phantom finishes applying the the Plasm and lifts his head to the young woman. "Ma'am, why exactly would I be slapping cuffs on a dead man? He's unconscious." Standing, he turns towards the young lady. "Feel free to check his pulse if you want. This guy's not going to wake up for a bit. You're more than welcome to continue on your way. If you'd be so kind as to alert the local police so they could pick him up, it will keep him off the streets and prevent him from hurting you, or someone like you again. Least he won't have his gun anymore."

The Phantom makes a gesture as if he was tipping his cap (were he wearing one) and disappears into the wall of the building.

Well, that was a pleasant diversion The Phantom thought. I guess I should see if there's anyone still on the roof.

The Silver Phantom materializes through the rooftop behind the Cave Cricket and Pulse. "Boo."

"Sorry, I couldn't resist. So gentlemen, now that that has been resolved, were the other situations handled? And have either of you figured out why exactly we're here?"

The Silver Phantom drops the heater and shells on the rooftop. "I hate these things. If either of you kids use em, take em. Didn't like what you saw eh? So, which part of a dumb punk that decided to mug a girl, had a gun, wouldn't give it up and end it peacefully, and is now sleeping it off til the cops show up did you not like? Course, feel free to go down and hold his hand til he wakes up and make sure his feelings weren't hurt if you want."

Eddie answers the other patrons' thanks politely with "You're welcome, anytime, name's Eddie." as he shakes thier hands. The look in some of their eyes is nothing new to the big man, he has seen it a thousand times before in the eyes of people he's helped. It depresses him, but every once in a while, someone will thank him without being afraid, without judging, and this will lift his spirits higher than anything he has ever encountered.

When they have left, Eddie turns to Pop and the waitress. "Sorry about all the damage, Pop," he says. "If your insurance doesn't cover it, send me the bill." He hears the ambulance's siren a couple of blocks away, and decides he doesn't want to wait around and answer questions. He gives the two a smile and a wave, walks out the door, and turns left, heading in the direction of his apartment on Bradstreet Avenue.

He walks a couple of blocks with his head down, when a thought hits him like a ton of bricks. "Rooftop!!" he exclaims, causing passerby to look at him strangely and give him a wide berth, some of them looking up as if expecting something to come hurtling down off one of the tall buildings.

Eddie slaps his forehead in frustration, and turns right, crossing the street without checking the traffic. He walks as if in a daze, and narrowly misses colliding with a crosstown bus before reaching the other side of the street. The driver shakes his fist angrilly at Eddie as it passes, but he takes no heed. His feet are on automatic pilot, guiding him toward the place in his dream the night before.

A few minutes later, he is in an alley behind a building that he has never seen with his waking eyes. He notices a man lying on the ground, but passes by, thinking him a wino sleeping off last night's bender, and approaches the fire-escape. He climbs slowly, the metal stairs groaning under his mass. They hold, however, and Eddie is almost to the top when he begins to hear voices.

The Silver Phantom drops the heater and shells on the rooftop. "I hate these things. If either of you kids use em, take em. Didn't like what you saw eh? So, which part of a dumb punk that decided to mug a girl, had a gun, wouldn't give it up and end it peacefully, and is now sleeping it off til the cops show up did you not like? Course, feel free to go down and hold his hand til he wakes up and make sure his feelings weren't hurt if you want."

"OK, maybe we're overreacting a bit, we just heard the lady's comments..." Cave Cricket says. "I assume you got the summons too."

The creaking of the fire escape cuts anything further he was about to say short. Drawing his pistol he motions to the others to hush and poins in the direction of the escape. Dropping to one knee he takes aim in that direction.

"I'm glad to see some coller heads prevailing. Yes, I too was summoned."

The Silver Phantom pauses after also hearing the groan of the Fire Escape and seeing the Cricket assume a defensive posture.

"Gentlemen, let me take a quick look see before we greet our latest guest with such an unfriendly welcome."

The Silver Phantom fades through the roof and rematerializes through the Fire Escape behind one of the biggest hunks of humanity he has ever seen. The size and appearance spark a familiarity in the Silver Phantom's vast memory. Fading back into walls, he returns to rooftop.

"Our guest seems to be none other than Eddie Cadenbaugh. I saw him play ball when he was in College. He was like a runaway freight train. Seems he had a bit of a run in awhile back with the Law over an accidental death. It was all over the news for quite awhile. Kid got a raw deal, but managed to finally get his name cleared. I wonder if he's on the guest list for our little meet and greet here too."

The Silver Phantom walks towards the Fire Escape to greet their newest guest.

Cave Cricket lowers his weapon and stands back up on Silver Pantom's announcement. Holstering the weapon he walks just behind the Silver Phantom to the roof's edge.

Pulse drops the weak static shield holding up his hands. "Sorry. A bit jumpy what with the summons and all. No hard feelings?" Pulse then moves over towards the fire escape to welcome the other member of the group. "Maybe he knows why we are all here?"

Eddie arrives on the roof and finds himself surrounded by three strangely dressed people. He remembers seeing glimpses of them in his dream, so he isn't worried that they will attack him. He raises a hand in greeting to them and says "Hey, guys. Name's Eddie. You all have that weird freakin' dream, too?"

Pulse walks over to Eddie and sticks out his hand trying to build a bit more trust seeing as he hasn't had a stellar track record today. "Name's Pulse. Yeah the strange dreams seem to be a common thread. I'm just hoping that whoever is pumping them into our heads decides to show up."

Eddie shakes Pulse's hand and says "You got that right, man." He looks around at the others and says "What's with the outfits? We goin' to some kinda party?"

The Silver Phantom introduces himself to Eddie, and the other three men on the rooftop.

"As to our costumes, there is some comfort in hiding one's identity behind a mask, knowing my personal life and loved ones may be safe from repercussions by my actions against the criminal element."

The Silver Phantom introduces himself to Eddie, and the other three men on the rooftop.

"As to our costumes, there is some comfort in hiding one's identity behind a mask, knowing my personal life and loved ones may be safe from repercussions by my actions against the criminal element."

"Not to mention some of our activities can be a touch on the maybe not so legal."