Sign in to follow this  
Vinny

Heroes of Vigil City

"Well there is that," Pulse says. "But it really isn't anything that the boys in blue wouldn't want to do if they could. Not saying that we don't need laws mind you, but sometimes you have to bend them to keep them if you know what I mean." Pulse begins scanning the surrounding area to see if the mysterious dream sender is lurking about.

OOC---Sorry for the delay in posting, funny how tired I was yesterday---OOC

seein the body of the young man incapicated & "bound" & the woman still screaming, I think "huh, WTH?". I approach the scene in the shadows & to get a better view of the scene, seeing the a glimpse of something vanish into the wall & the young man still out, I decide no way the woman could do that & wonder why she is upset & such. I approach the woman in plain view asking "Hello, I'm Cyphershot, I won't hurt you, are you alright? Are you hurt?"

if she says she is ok & explains what happen I say "I would either leave or find the authorities before he wakes up, I'm sure you'll find a officer of the law around her somewhere (rolls her eyes)".

if she resists me & freaks out on me, I say "Ma'ma I'm tryin to help you, please calm down. Please I must be going. I overheard the tailend of things here & wanted to make sure you were ok, so please find the appropriate authorities before he wakes up, who knows what he'll try to do.

& I make my way out of there, I do skirt around so she doesn't see where I'm acutally going, but I make my way back up a fire escape close to the meeting place. I'm cautious of the "phantom" I seen but I figure that it was who "cuffed" the man on the ground, but I keep my eye open for it, hopeing to maybe meet up & get that side of the story, if it's friendly, if not......

As I get closer to the roof I hear voices, I have my bow out but no arrow, I poke my head out to gauge the situation & see 2 costumes (what she calls other heroes or super villans) + a giant of man (hmm a ogre, interesting), thou no sign of a phantom, maybe it was one of these persons that can vanish...

RM

As our heroes conversed amongst themselves, pondering the identity and motives of their mysterious caller, a dark shape loomed on the rooftop of a distant building, watching our group undetected, shaded and shadowed by the bulk of a huge advertisement billboard for a popular soda brand. A breeze ruffled his long cape while he unveilled a slick black crossbow, carefully and meticulously drawing it to load a bolt...

"What tha hell are you guys talkin' about??" Eddie says, extreme puzzlement on his face. "Safe from who? What's not legal?"

Cave Cricket looks at Eddie and shakes his head. Just at this moment, Cyphershot popped her head up and saw the huge "ogre", along with a band of oddly-dressed men.

"Perhaps our dream sender was mistaken with this one..." says Cricket.

And just as that word left his lips, a whiz of sliced air and a violent thunk followed. Cricket barely had time to flinch as a dark shape flashed in front of his eyes and buried itself into the radiator unit next to his head. In its place, he found a black arrow shaft sticking out only a mere inch away from his face. The arrowhead had neatly impalled the radiator's steel surface as if it was thin cardboard, effectively pinning a small note against its metal frame.

The letter, signed only by a red wax stamp in the shape of a cross, read:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations.

Seek me out at Our Father's

Cathedral. Come at noon.

Ask for the zealot's

confession and you

will find the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who sent this note, and what did they want? Where they friend or foe?

But as our heroes stared in the direction from where the arrow was shot, they found nothing except for a large advertisment. A huge freckled-face boy held out a bottle of Cola-Pop, grinning emotionlessly at them.

"Eddie, sometimes, the police are not too keen on being one-upped by some guy in a costume catching a criminal. Technically, doing so can be illegal since it you're acting as a vigilante, and if you have to lay hands on the guy you are commiting Assault and Battery.

Now, a lot of times, the cops are appreciative, as are the people we're helping, and they are willing to turn a blind eye to our activities, especially since we haven't seen a major threat to our dear Vigil City. Unfortunately, every now and then, you find a guy with a hair across his backside and he decides he doesn't need or want your help and will try to chase you too."

The Silver Phantom regards the note curiously. "Well, it seems our mysterious dream weaver still does not want to reveal himself."

[OCC] Is the cross a basic, non-descript t, or something more decorative/unique that may imply some form of insignia or symbol for a known group or individual, especially if a little research is done. How close to noon are we? If there is time, and the cross is something that may have identifiable features, I'd like to spend a little time at the ole University doing some research. Randy, have you shown up on the rooftop yet (and there are three costumed people on it, plus Eddie.[/OCC]

The cross symbol is even on all sides, something one might associate with the crusades or medieval times. The University library might have some clues, although you might need to be a student or a professor to get full if any cooperation. The time at the moment seems to be around 9:30 and 10:00 AM, maybe enough to reach a library but perhaps not enough for decent research. The Cathedral itself is several blocks away, a well-known monument.

[OOC]

I guess it's rather convenient then that The Silver Phantom is a Professor of Physics at Vigil City University :lol:

I just double checked and realized I mistyped the City Name in my original PM to you, calling it Virtue City by accident. PhD Electrical Engineering, Undergraduate Degrees in Physics, Biology and Philosophy.

Hmm there's still some time, and that's what Student Lackeys (Undergrads, Thesis students, TA's) are for :devil:

[/OOC]

"Gentlemen, Wait a moment and I'll be right back." CC says and leaps to the roof top with the Cola-Pop sign. He looks around to see if there is any other clues left behind by the archer.

I see the way the arrow was placed & respond "nice accuracy" & reveal myself & walk toward the group.

"Greetings, I'm Cyphershot, I'm assuming you all had a dream telling you to meet at this spot. Apprently our mysterious opponent wants to lead us on a bit more."

(OOC)Qwyk, thought you were on the side looking for something, leaving CC, P & E up on the roof, reason why I put that in there (OOC)

RM

When the arrow arrives, Eddie immediately turns in the direction from whence it came. Both hands reflexively curl into fists and glow fiercely with his power. Seeing no one, he turns back to the rest of the group, asking "Hey, what the hel....", before Cave Cricket leaps into action to check the billboard.

"Hey, where the hel....", he begins again, before being interrupted by Cyphershot. Hearing her explanation, and wondering why this newcomer shares the others' fixation with flashy attire, he shakes his head and grunts as he powers down his hands.

"Great. We got pointy-eared women jumpin' from tha trees. Now I'm really confused. Why can't this @#!&er, if he, she, or it wants ta meet us so bad, meet us here?"

looking at Pulse--

"my accuracy would be alot better,besides I shoot arrows not crossbow bolts"

& pull a arrow from my quiver to show him, & put it back.

"besides I saw as much of the person as you did, as I just arrived only moments before "he" appeared."

"My appologies," Pulse says to CypherShot. "You know they used to use a red cross like that for those knights and King Richard and such. Well that and it certainly points towards the catherdral downtown. Set up or not we've come this far."

"It's still early enough that we can check the place out a bit. Although I would love to think there is some grand and noble scheme behind our meeting, I can't help but feel like it is a setup. Does anyone here have any moral objection to skulking around a cathedral?"