Sign in to follow this  
Vinny

Heroes of Vigil City

"Well, I can't exactly 'skulk', for reasons ya can prob'ly see," Eddie says with a grin. "But, if ya want, I can walk in first, in case anyone tries ta shoot ya."

CuCulain-

Cricket lands upon the thick wooden board, gazing down at an empty rooftop across the street from where our heroes are meeting. The vantage point was perfect, with clear shots to Vigil City's finest, including Cyphershot, who had just crawled up the fire escape. If someone had wanted to shoot them down, this was perfect sniper's nest.

In fact, from this spot, Cricket could see most of what was happening around the block. The bank that had recently faced a foiled robbery was now surrounded and inspected by policemen. An eatery to the east also saw police investigation. The streets themselves saw occasional passing squad cars, as if on a search pattern. Down on the street directly from where he stood high above, Cricket spots the scared woman from the alley flagging down a cop car and frantically exchanging inaudible words with the officers, all the while pointing at the alleyway where the unconscious man laid.

The two policemen got out from their vehicles and crossed the street towards the meeting point.

[OOC- Neither the policemen nor the woman seem to have noticed the meeting on the roof. At least, not yet.]

"Well I can go ahead and scout the catherdral out while everyone is making there way over there. That way at least we'll have an idea what we're getting ourselves into. The real question is do we all go in and risk this being a trap or have some of us go in and others cover? Sorry Eddie but like you said you are a bit obvious so it looks like you should be one of the ones going in. No way someone's not going to notice you covering the place," Pulse says trying to gauge the distance to the catherdral.

"I can get to the Cathedral quickly and without being observed as well, although I imagine Pulse will get quite a bit faster than even I can travel. I can transfer my ability to phase through matter to a limited degree to others, but then I will not be able to travel as fast since I will need to maintain physical contact with them."

Cave Cricket Leaps back to the meeting place.

"It looks like someone wants to play games with us." He points at the other roof, "From there our mystery friend could have picked any one of us out.

"We probably should think about heading elsewhere too as there are coppers everywhere down below and it looks like a couple might check this building out."

"Oh, no, not cops," Eddie groans. "Look," he says, turning to the others, "I like cops, I really do, but they can't stand me, an' they hate it when they try to shoot me or taser me and it doesn't work, so eventually one of 'em tries to slug me an' breaks his hand. So, I'm outta here, I'll meet up with you at the cathedral." He gives a wave, and then makes his way as quickly as he can down the fire escape.

"Well if he's headed that way I might as well make sure the way is clear," Pulse says to the group. "See everyone there." Pulse arcs into the powe lines and races to one of the lines a block or two down the street from the catherdral. Slipping into an alleyway and making sure no one is observing him he concentrates the electric field around his body and in an instant his costume is gone and a fairly plain looking man is standing there. Jimmy Mann is dressed in plain tan jeans and a tan button up workshirt. Whistling he walks out of the alley and down the street towards the cathedral.

The Phantom checks a non-existant wristwatch.

"Well, it looks like there's not enough time for me to do some data analysis on that seal before we have to meet with our mysterious benefactor." The Phantom nods in the direction of the group. "Gentlemen, and lady, until noon. I believe I will join our friend Livewire and try to find a little piece of heaven, early."

The Phantom slowly fades through the floor and is surrounded by a numbus of Green Energy as he disappears.

Several minutes later, exiting the front door of the apartment building is a lean young man in his early 30's with a unruly mop of brown hair and glasses. He's dressed in Jeans, an Oxford and a Tweed jacket with patched elbows. As he exits the building, he covers his eyes, as if adjusting to the glare of the sun, but in truth he is scanning the horizon and his surrounds to make sure he is not being followed.

Professor Bobby Richardson walks casually down the sidewalk on a path running parallel to the Cathedral, whistling to himself and enjoying the fresh air. The Professor must have had a late night thesis meeting with one of his students, the cad. He stops and picks up a paper, a pastry and some coffee at a local bakery and turns towards the Cathedral with the intent of arriving in time for the late morning Mass.

pretty much gonna do the roof top escape thing for a couple buildings, enough to be out of police search area & then, will drop down a fire exit & make my way to the cathedral using back alleys & such, trying to avoid any eyes that I can if possible.

RM

Unglef-

As Eddie makes his way down into the alley with the goal of escaping the attention of the city police, he notices two officers hunched offer the unconscious body of a thug, his hands bound with some kind of good. A lady stands nearby, frightened.

As he turns his back to leave, he hears a voice, calling:

"Ho there, big guy! This is the police!." a male voice spoke. They haven't seen his face yet, but the fact that a large bulky man stood near a crime scene made his made his precense suspicious.

"Was this the guy, ma'am?" another voice asked, then added (to Eddie), "Hey turn around so we can see you, buddy!"

Unglef-

Eddie can see the expression on the policemen's faces. They aren't sure who he is, and so they take him for some big guy walkin' around in an alleyway. That is why, as a precaution, theirs hands rested on their holstered pistols.

"Are you sure he ain't the one, ma'm?" an officer asked the lady, who shook her head.

"Alright, big guy, who are you and what are you doin' in this alleyway?"

"Yeah, and d'you know what just happened down 'ere? Got anythin' to do with it? Come on, out with it!" the other one asked impatiently.

Hearing the officers confronting the big fellow CC enters the stairwell from the roof into the building. Looking around, as the door eases close behind him, to ensure no one is about, he presses a combination of buttons on his belt buckle. The grey armour suit almost instantly folds into it revealing a middle age man wearing a realativly cheap suit that looks like he probably has slept in it for a couple nights.

Dashing down the stairs he runs out side, pauses to catch his breath and walks to the alley.

"Oh, there you are Frankie," he says to Eddie. He turns to the officers and pulls his jacket to the side revealing his badge hanging from his belt. "I'm Detective Randolph, It's OK boys this guy's with me. Come on Frankie, so far everyone's alive so I'm not needed here. Let's get a cup of coffee."

While grateful for being saved from yet another confrontation with the police, Eddie is a bit bewildered. Who the heck is Detective Randolph?, his mind screams.

He keeps his face calm, though, and says "Sure, Dolph, whatever you say. Afternoon, officers." With a nod toward the boys in blue, he begins to follow his new friend, whoever he is.