Vinny

Heroes of Vigil City

Unglef and CuCulain-

"D-Detective Randolph?" one of the cops muttered.

"Uhhh...." the other one hesitated before, after a bit of thought, nodding. "Well, ok, I see. Ummm, sorry about that... Frankie, is it? You know how it is, procedures and everything..."

Both officers relaxed, their hands easing around their weapons. One of them took off his cap and sheepishly scratched his scalp.

"Well, we'll be going back to our duties now, Detective." he said.

But just as our two heroes started to leave, one of them called for the duo:

"Umm... Detective Randolph? Excuse me, sir, but can you come over here for a second and see this for yourself?" one of the policemen asked, pointing at the subdued criminal on the floor.

Everyone Else-

[OOC- Considering how fast you are going or are able to go to the Cathedral, if you can get there quickly (roof-skipping, current-running, phasing), you are almost there, if at normal rate (walking), then you are halfway there. For this interruption, Eddie and Cricket might run a bit late]

CC walks back down towards the incapacitated thug.

"What can I help you with Officers? I've not seen anything like that before. Though I did read about some kind of 'sticky gun' that the military was researching in Popular Mechanics a couple of years ago. Maybe you should call the forensics lab and get them down her to take a look at this."

Cuculain, Unglef-

"According to this lady here, some costumed freak went around knocking this poor chump out like some rag doll." the policeman said, shrugging.

"Yeah," the other said, "Heard the radio call a while ago. Seems a bunch of them did quite a work on the city bank. Heard that shots went, them freaks killed a bunch of people or something, I dunno."

"Well anyway, we'll stay back and tape up this area, sir. You be careful out there, Detective. There's maniacs running around the neighborhood. It ain't safe."

"Yeah, and oh, and sorry again for that lil' mistake back there."

And with that the police went back to their duties, one of them running across the street to the squad car, perhaps calling for an ambulance. Eddie and Cricket, or should we say Detective Randolph of the VCPD, are allowed to proceed.

"Come on 'Frankie,'" CC says to Eddie and leaves the ally. As soon as the two are our of sight and earshot he looks over at Eddie. "Come on the others are probably at the cathedral already. Next time you might want to take the stairs indside the building." He smiles a broad friendly grin. "Lets get moving, the others are probably wondering where we are."

Eddie turns to the police detective, startled that this man apparently knows about the rooftop meeting.

"Look fella, I appreciate what ya did back there, gettin' me outta that jam and all, but just who in tha hell are ya," he asks menacingly.

"Well, Eddie, you sure are suspicious. I'm Cave Cricket, you know the one who was leapin roof to roof?" CC says to Eddie with a wink. "Now come on quit stallin, the others are probably waitin for us."

Bobby arrives at the Cathedral at 11:00 AM, just in time for the late morning Mass. Crossing himself as he enters, he sits in one of the rear pews and quietly contemplates the 12:00 PM meeting as he scans the sanctuary for anything unusual.

Bobby thinks to himself: Although this could be a trap, so far, nothing has led me to believe this person means ill towards us. He has several times over been in a position where he could have seriously wounded or killed any of us. It is very curious indeed why we have been gathered. The religious overtones are likewise curious. Is the Church a place of sanctuary for our benefactor. I hope to have time later this evening to do some further research on the sigil attached to his note. I hope this is a peaceful meeting. I would rather not bring violence upon this house.

After arriving and slowly walking around the church admiring the structure, and trying to spot anything out of the ordinary, Jimmy walks into the Catherdral pacing himself a bit back from the last person to enter. Walking down the isle he takes a seat a few pews from the rear and picks up a hymnal looking as if he is perusing it but looking over the crowd.

To everyone except for CuCulain and Unglef:

Our Father's Cathedral, a large, towering gothic monument of a former theocratic society. It's high belltower, tolling the morning mass, was indeed tall, but only miniscule compared to the heaven-embracing commercial skyscrappers that loomed above it.

While Cave Criket and Eddie are still on their way, the rest of our courageous band of superheroes arrive about halfway through the mass. A few pigeons took flight as the loud bells rang in harmony, sounding loud over the horns and rumbling of the city traffic.

Inside was as intricately built as outside. Large arches criss-crossed the ceilling, from which gargoyles and angels adorned. The pews themselves, each crafted of dark reddish wood, were carved with sophisticated designs that gave it a simplistic eloquence. A fairly aged pastor was reciting a sermon as our first newcomers arrived, his voice, despite his old age, booming and echoing. By the sound of it, it was almost over, and communion was about to begin.

(OOC- The mass will end just as CuCulain and Unglef arrives.)

Eddie is impresses by this new information. "Cave Cricket, huh? Nice disguise. Where'd ya get tha badge?"

He walks a few more steps before adding, "Nevermind, it's probably best that I don't know. And just in case ya ain't who ya say ya are, I'll let ya know that I'm pretty hard ta hurt, an' can prob'ly break you in half."

After that, Eddie takes the lead, heading toward the cathedral.

As I arrive at the Cathedral, I decide to make myself a comfy spot outside of the main doors, thou out of the way of onlookers. Looking around for any signs of trouble.

RM

Eddie is impresses by this new information. "Cave Cricket, huh? Nice disguise. Where'd ya get tha badge?"

He walks a few more steps before adding, "Nevermind, it's probably best that I don't know. And just in case ya ain't who ya say ya are, I'll let ya know that I'm pretty hard ta hurt, an' can prob'ly break you in half."

After that, Eddie takes the lead, heading toward the cathedral.

CC smiles at Eddie as he takes the lead in their stroll to the cathedral. "You know you'd hafta get your hands on me to break me."

He chuckles a bit and follows Eddie about three steps behind.

The bells rang as mass ended, just as Cricket and Eddie arrived on foot. Parishoners are moving out from the door, going to their cars or walking away, chatting as they went. Inside, the church quickly empties, with only the priest and the young acolytes and a few lone parisoner praying. After a few more minutes, there was only the priest left, arranging the trappings on the altar. A silence creeps over the scene. There seems to be no danger at the moment.

Jimmy stands up slowly and approaches the altar coming fairly near the priest. "Lord, give me the strength to help those who are in need," Jimmy says just loud enough enough for the preist to overhear. Jimmy remains at the altar for a moment to judge any reaction.

Hearing Jimmy's prayers, the priest gives a light smile and, after catching Jimmy looking at him, a friendly nod. He went back to arranging the candles.

He seems about to comment on Jimmy's strong devotion that could keep him in church after service is over, a fairly rare thing in most if not all churches, but the young clergyman stays silent, as if not wanting to interrupt Jimmy's silent prayers.