Heroes of Vigil City

Vinny

Jimmy turns slowly trying to get a final glimpse into the side room before walking out into the main sanctuary. After speaking briefly with the priest he makes his way towards the exit to see if any of the others have made it here. Then the realization dawns on him that unless they happen to show up in their outfits there's no way he's going to recognize them, or they him for that matter. Well at least if Eddie shows up he'll be easy to spot. Time to make his way outside.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, what in the hell is he lookin' at?, Eddie thinks as Cave Cricket begins to climb up the wall. Seeing nothing peculiar about it,(after all, the man did jump from a rooftop and onto a billboard not half an hour ago), Eddie shrugs and looks around for this "Zealot's Confessional". Seeing the confession booths at the side of the chapel, he walks over to them.

He opens the door to one, grabs a man who he thinks to be a priest (after all, who else would be in a confessional at this time of day?) by the back of his shirt and pulls him out of the booth, gently placing him on his feet.

"'Scuse me, Padre," he says, without really looking at the man "But ya wouldn't hapen ta know where somebody with zealot-type tendancies would go ta make a confession, would ya?"

Quyk-

The Silver Phantom phases through a solid metal door, seeing beyond a steel-plated hallway that stretched down for about ten feet before it went through another doorway. Beyond that was another ten feet of corridor, before it is interrupted by another doorway, all of them opened. The design seems to be some security measure, as if any section of this corridor could be closed off to contain intruders and such.

As he headed down the hallway, the Phantom reaches a T-shaped section. To his right, another series of segmented corridor led down to what looked like a double steel door. To his left, the corridor seemed to end in another T intersection. On the wall in front of him, there were two black signposts, both pointing at their direction.

The sign pointing right said:

-Hangar Bay

The left-pointing one said:

-Security Station B

-Service Elevator

Outkast, CuCulain-

Pulse heads out fro mthe office to surprise a man on his knees. While he looked like he was praying, Cricket sees that he is actually inspecting the altar, but not just to admired its ornate sculpt. He seems to be looking for something, as if searching for a button or a crack out of place.

Unglef-

Eddie enters the church to find it empty. He notices a man inspecting the altar, recognizing him as Cricket. However, another man he did not recognize came out of the priest's office, right next to Cricket.

Instead of finding either priest or woman in the confession booth, Eddie discovers a very annoyed old man, who had been waiting patiently for a confession.

"What's the matter with ya, ya tree trunk!" the man grumbled, wagging a cane. "I ain't no Padre! Young un's these days got no manner! Bustin' in there and scarin' ol people like that. Shame on you! And who the hell do you think you are?"

Cricket stands up looking at the man who had just stepped out of the office, a faint "kid in the cookie jar" look crossing hai face before he regains his composure.

"Excuse me," he says to the man.

Glancing about he sees Eddie "talking" to the priest. He heads over there and places his hand on Eddies shoulder.

"Easy there big fellow, you need to use a bit of finesse when your in a church."

Eddie is bewildered for a moment as the old man's words sink in. Huh, he thinks, and shrugs his shoulders while making an 'Oh, geez, I screwed up' face. "Very sorry, sir, my mistake. I thought ya was someone else." He makes a feeble smile, then almost jumps out of his skin at a hand on his shoulder. As he turns toward the source, he hears a familliar voice.

"Easy there big fellow, you need to use a bit of finesse when your in a church."

"Ya got that right, Cr--uh, Randolph," Eddie replies with a grin. He motions for Cave Cricket to follow him, and moves to the other side of the church from the still furious old man. "So," he says in low voice. "Have ya been able ta find a priest? Or this 'Zealot's Confessional' whatchamajig? And have ya seen any of tha others?"

Unglef and Cuculain-

The old man, dressed in a dark grey suit and holding a mahoghany walking cane mumbles and mutters, shaking the cane at Eddie, babbling about a declining generation. He looks nearly 90 from the wrinkles and very hunched and venerable, a balding head with grey hair clinging to the scalp and a trimmed white mustache. As if with leftover spite, the senior citizen turns and wags his cane at Cricket as well for no apparent reason, then storms out, his cane tapping on the wooden floor before he disappears out of the front door, leaving the door wide open before a breeze blew it back to a close.

As he walked off, Eddie notices that, for his age, the old man looks too frail to be able to wag a cane like that. He also doesn't seem strong enough to push a door that hard on his way out.

Cricket on the other hand notices that the old man is walking very typical of an old man, but the rhythm of the cane and the footsteps are off, something like two weak-seeming but normal steps, than a cane tape. Its as if he doesn't really need the cane.

Definately, the two of them feel a hint of something not quite right about the old man.

"Hmmm do I want to see what kind of craft our mystery guest has, or look at their security," the Phantom muses while hovering in the hallway.

The Phantom drifts cautiously down the corridor to his right.

"I'd rather see more of this place before I walk into the security around here and have to make a hasty exit."

The Phantom checks his chronometer and realizes the rest of the rooftop gang should have arrived if they planned on joining the festivities.

"I should try and wrap this up soon and meet up with the rest of the lads."

After scanning the area outside & seeing no possible threats to the area, I decide to enter the church. Lookin around to see no one near the door, I slip my sweatshirt hood & enter the church.

Upon entering the church I try to avoid any eyes & keep my head low, just tryin to pass myself off a patron of the church.

RM

(sorry for the long delay in posts---been on really bad time management lately, ha ha)

Qwyk-

Phantom drifts down to his right, down the segmented hallway leading to what seemed to be the hangar bay. As he drifted downward, Phantom sees a large metal bulkhead door marked:

Hangar Bay Alpha

Danger! Authorized

Personel Only.

Its a dead end hallway, with the only way being back. Next to the large huge doors is a console displaying the same warning glued on the door itself. There is a card slider next to the console, perhaps for a key.

An odd feeling creeps over Phantom as he stood there. Slowly, he looks up to see that a ceiling plate above him had slid open without him knowing it and an automated camera was filming him as he stood there.

Around the Church-

As she enters the church, Cyphershot is bumped by an old man hobbling out on a cane. Before she even reached the door, she bumbed again by Eddie, then Jimmy, then Cricket. The last two she fails to recognize because they were out of costume.

All four of our heroes, however, can clearly see the old man walking... hobbling, unusally fast as he rounded the corner around the church and headed for the wallked cemetaries behind the cathedral. He disappears as he rounded the corner, the large mass of a trimmed hedge wall conceiling him.

at least they didn't see me, thou why is that big ogre following a old fart?? & who were those 2 others, hmmmmmm

noticing the speed of the old man is a bit unnatural, I decide to follow the ogre (thinking to myself--can't remember if he gave me his name, I'll have to ask again when the time is right....), he might need my help, as he seems to be one that attracts unwanted attention.

RM